Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it just me or is the signup page not secured?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theostru

10-12-2011

From the look of it (and maybe I'm wrong), pretty much anyone can sign up for a PBE account if they have the link? Don't get me wrong, I got mine from the email, but I don't see why anyone who knows the link can't sign up.

On an unrelated note, the day-month-year alignment really messed me up at first. Oops.

JohnPetrucci

10-12-2011

I was curious about this as well

Silverdevilboy

10-12-2011

Yeah, it's open access if you find it.

Daen

Recruiter

10-12-2011

I don't actually know. I'm curious as to whether the sign-up is programmed to only accept accounts from the email addresses the invitations were sent to, though that'd be rather difficult to do.

@ Your unrelated note - Me too :P

fomenta

10-12-2011

Quote:
Theostru:
From the look of it (and maybe I'm wrong), pretty much anyone can sign up for a PBE account if they have the link? Don't get me wrong, I got mine from the email, but I don't see why anyone who knows the link can't sign up.

On an unrelated note, the day-month-year alignment really messed me up at first. Oops.

Anyone can and it totally did for me too.

Theostru

10-12-2011

I wonder if this is by design. Hell, if you want me to count this as a bug, fine. I'm beta testing your signup experience :P

Cheese

10-12-2011

Yea. I signed up for 3 PBE accounts as testing for this. It is completely open :<

Giotto

10-12-2011

Lol, They should've employ a beta-key system. It's not too late to wipe all the accs and have it remodeled to add one line that ask for a key since the service has only been up for a few hrs and most people having problems starting games.

DrX6x

Recruiter

10-12-2011

Quote:
Theostru:
I wonder if this is by design. Hell, if you want me to count this as a bug, fine. I'm beta testing your signup experience :P

Should make a bug report lmao ****ed with me alot till i figured it out.

Cheese

10-12-2011

Quote:
Kyooryuu:
Lol, They should've employ a beta-key system. It's not too late to wipe all the accs and have it remodeled to add one line that ask for a key since the service has only been up for a few hrs and most people having problems starting games.

I hope they do. TBH I don't want to be playing with a bunch of <30 who find the link and use it to try out level 30 play.