Counter champions to kog in mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blind Pick Hero

10-12-2011

I've been playing kog almost exclusively lately and I was wondering who is a really good counter to watch out for in mid? He seems to just zone the opponents with his range pretty easily

TigerFreedom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Most AP mids can trade hits with him and win. Annie and Brand just two good examples.

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

dashes like akali can be hard

Dorsia

10-13-2011

i think katarina, brand and malz own him pretty well

badnutz

10-13-2011

Kog isnt really a great mid, he lacks any form of cc outside of his rolley-slow. He also loses alot of 1v1 fights unless extremely farmed.

For low level games its fine though, just farm up like a beast and then harass them with your ultimate (practice makes perfect) making sure never to get 2 stacks...let the first stack go away before using it again unless a kill is sure.

Counterpicks: Kass. annie, malz, brand, morg, talon, gangplank etc

Albinododobird

10-13-2011

Most AP carries will beat him since they will probably get damage faster. Basically, you need to pick an AP carry and be super aggressive. IF you let him get farmed, he will destroy you. You have an advantage early on, abuse it.

Oozra

10-13-2011

Kog is simply beast in any lane . When you start , always stay very safe and last hit . Don t harass too much until you hit lvl 6 . Than the fun begin .

By lvl 6 , i always have a tear and it s usually nicely farmed since i spam my E and W for last hitting and such . With your R , you ll rack mana so you ll be able to spam your skills .

I always though that kog NEEDS a tear if he wants to be good , even the as and ad build . But , that s my opinion . It has worked nicely for me so far in summoner rift .

ThePsyborg

10-13-2011

<-- NEVER builds Tear on Kog.

I do, however, pick up the occasional Chalice.

ComradeHX

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsyborg View Post
<-- NEVER builds Tear on Kog.

I do, however, pick up the occasional Chalice.
Tears -> AA is fine on AP kogmaw.

Oozra

10-13-2011

yeah , so far i ve never seen anyone else doing it .

guess im the only as/ad kog going with a tear