Gladriel, Nature Embodied

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Saint PHD Esq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Okay, so a little background. I was thinking of stealth charactors, and realized that there was a decent amount of unused design space. There are currently 9 charactors that can use stealth. Some of them use it as a way to make certain abilitys work at all (ala Le Blancs passive and Wukongs decoy), a few use it as a way to engage/run (like Shaco, Vayne, and Akali), and the rest use it as a ganking trick (like Evelyn, Twitch, and Teemo).

So, I thought there must be some other things you can do with stealth, and I made the following champion:

Gladriel, Nature Embodied

Fade into Nature
Passive: Gladriel becomes stealthed after not taking damage for 5 seconds. Gladriel becomes unstealthed when she attacks, uses an ability, or takes damage.

Soothing Herbs (Q)
Toggle: Heals 10/20/30/40/50 per second in an aura around her.

Twisting Roots (W)
Toggle: Slows enemy champions 10/15/20/25/30% in an aura around her.

Poison Ivy (E)
Throws a magic seed at the target area, dealing 30/45/60/100/150 damage to anything it passes through and planting the seed in the ground. The plant deals 5/10/15/20/25 magic damage per second in an aura around it for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds.

Naturalize (R)
Target Allied champion becomes instantly stealthed for 5/7/10 seconds and gains 10/15/20% increased move speed for the duration.

What is unique about her is the way her stealth passive and auras interact. She can have an effect on the outcome of team fights while stealthed. I designed the stealth as a passive because I wanted it to be even more integral to playing her than it is to Evelyn or Twitch. It also afforded the opportunity to let her drop out of stealth by getting hit by aoe's or skill shots.

I am much better at concepts then numbers, so you may notice that mana costs and range arn't here. That's because I am not good at balancing. I would love to know what the community thinks, thanks in advance for the feedback!

Definety

10-12-2011

Personally i think the champion is awesome, the skills are pretty cool and i think would bring LoL gameplay to the nxt lvl, but i think the passive is kind of op since this makes her like the perfect ganking champion and in team fights. let's just say she will dominate with her toggle abilities if he/she stacks mana items unless they get oracles. Also u might wanna nerf the heal... 70 hp per second sounds kinda ridiculous, it's like a free force of nature imo lol.
So anyways for the passive( i don't wanna ruin it so i'll stick to ur idea) u could possibly make her only invis after 5 secs near trees or something like that and fix the numbers on your heal and the champ is fine : )
Hope this helps and good luck on the champion. Really look foward to playing your champion if it gets made : )

Dr Saint PHD Esq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Thanks for the feedback. I mentioned before I'm not that great with balancing, so you might be right about the heal (although it is at level 5, and I haven't yet set a mana cost). I changed it to 10/20/30/40/50 from 10/20/40/55/70.

I could of course be wrong, but I disagree about the passive. Any character with non targeting damage abilitys can bring her out of stealth, she won't have much attack damage, and she is pretty squishy (haven't found a way to put up the health/attack/et cetera bars). That being said, maybe going into stealth after 10 seconds would be more fair (I don't want her to just be another gank champion). I will think about it.

Definety

10-12-2011

Forgot to say this but if it dosn't get chosen to be made in LoL could u possibly reccomend it to the following games : )
Heroes of Newerth(HoN) & Dota : ) ireally want to play ur champ since i love supports and it deals with nature which is awesome and cool!

Dr Saint PHD Esq

10-12-2011

Lol, I don't play those games, but I am flattered that you like the champ that much. Thank you!