Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(October MCCC Entry) Keira, Spectral Warden

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

retrain1609

10-12-2011

Keira, Spectral Warden
Keira is designed to be a tank focused on the concept of Zone Control and warding her allies. She uses her abilities to punish those who attempt to keep their distance, and reduce the damage they can inflict on her allies.

Story WIP:

Quote:
After the 2nd runewar, an elite Noxian unit was formed, known as the Bone Guard. Armed with the finest of weapons and armor, these stalwart elite were established to hold the line, protecting the movers and shakers of the Noxian's from those who would attempt to harm them.
Or so the propaganda stated. For Keira Coldheart, 17th in line for the duchy, her younger brother Turbel, and for all those who served besides her, the Bone Guard was nothing but a quiet place to sequester those of unimportant nobility. Armed with weapons ornate yet imbalanced and rusted, armor flashy yet thin and light, they were quietly placed to guard areas of no true military importance.
And so it was that they were unprepared when out of the night assassins struck the tower of the spellcaster whom they guarded. Pushed to the door, Keira looked on in fury and anger as her comrades were cut down before her. Infused with rage, she began to fight, harnassing what little training she had to cut down two who stood poised before her. She began to fight fiercely, but with little skill, however she formed a rallying point, drawing a few men to her side, among them, her brother. She had begun to turn the fight, the few assassins, though killing many more than their number, were pushed back by the sheer size of the group before them. Her legs failing her, her strength leaving, she turned to look back at her brother... and watched out of the corner of her eye the ball of magic, released by the wizards at the sound of battle, descending to wipe away the intruders, herself, and the army she had so bravely rallied.
Dozens of years later, the Summoners watched in bemusement, and a slight touch of worry as a woman, skin pale, eyes utterly empty, armored in a mishmash of broken tatters through which hints of the darkest black and crimson shined, and armed with the shattered and rusted hilts of dozens of broken weapons, glided slowly to their door.
“For whom do you fight?”
“I serve no one and fight for nothing. You and your battles will serve as well as any.”.

Passive: Your safety is mine: Keira takes 10/15/20% less damage from enemies >250 range from her.
(level 1/6/11)

Q: Your eyes upon me: Keira strikes forcefully, pulling the ire of the opponents to her. Affected enemy deals 5/7.5/10/12.5/15% less damage to targets besides Keira for 5 seconds. Stacks twice.
CD: 4/4/4/4/4

W: Your strength flees you: Enemies damaging target ally deal X% less damage and are slowed by Y for 1.5 seconds. Debuff stacks up to 5 times.
Lasts 4 seconds.
X: 10/15/20/25/30%
Y: -30/35/40/45/50 ms
14 second cooldown
Does not proc multiple times on DoTs.

E: Your cowardice shall not avail you: Long range instant-travel skillshot (If that makes sense. It targets an enemy, but damages the first thing between you and them). Damage increases with distance, up to 150% at max range.
Damage: 80/100/120/140/160 + 1:1 AD
Range: 1000
CD: 25/20/15/10/5

This will be constrained by a VERY high mana cost. I have not posted it yet, as I don't have the mana pool yet But assume something like ~1/4 of pool at level 9 (with no mana items/ runes)

R: Your fear makes us stronger: Keira marks a circle of X, and then a second ring of radius (1800-X). Allies who attack enemies between the two rings deal Y% more damagea gainst those targets. Allies within the second circle gain half of Keira's passive for the duration.
X: 650/500/350
Y: 10/15/20

>.> this is hard. Don't worry so much about the numbers yet. Also the names are just me having fun. Uh... yeah. Any and all feedback appreciated.

retrain1609

10-12-2011

Bump for story WIP (Yeah yeah, it's been 20 minutes). Yay me.

wants to sleep

10-12-2011

ok, as you don't have things like base stats yet, I will do a more concept oriented review. First, her numbers are too high, no questions asked... pretty much all her moves need stat drops. For her passive, how about 5/8/10? much more reasonable. same with almost everything... range needs drops, %stats need drops and you should change away from % stats to flat stats. As for her ulti... first, it needs to be channeled, it's range needs a drop and it's damage + needs to be fully gone. You can add in a slow and make it so he can't be interrupted, if you want.

From a design POV though, I'm guessing this girl is a tank. the big issue is that while she can reduce damage on her and others, she has nither hard CC nor a good peal, making her a very weak tank and more akin to a support. You need to look at that.

retrain1609

10-12-2011

Thank you for the feedback.

Quote:
As for her ulti... first, it needs to be channeled, it's range needs a drop and it's damage + needs to be fully gone. You can add in a slow and make it so he can't be interrupted, if you want.

We shall agree to politely disagree on this however That would be entirely useless.

bump.