Could anyone please tell me what Runes I need for a perfect Crit Plank...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sheip

10-12-2011

Title says it all. I need a Rune build , I got 10k IP to spend, Can someone help or link to great guide?

Ayestes

10-12-2011

I don't think I've seen a guide that actually runes for crit with Gangplank. It's usually just Armor Penetration and Attack Damage. The Item Build as a Trinity Force and Infinity Edge is all you need to be a Critplank.

Hand Bananá

10-12-2011

Go to mobafire.com and use Saintvicious' suggestion. Some argue that is out of date, I personally use TheOddOne's build on solomid.com. It's all based on what masteries you use and even which items.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

My advice is to not play CritPlank. He's too squishy when played that way and it wastes his potential in teamfights. You can build moderately tanky and still have enough Crit Chance to make ranged carries fear your Parley. The plus side is you're also a threat in melee instead of folding over like paper like the traditional CritPlank.

Sheip

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
My advice is to not play CritPlank. He's too squishy when played that way and it wastes his potential in teamfights. You can build moderately tanky and still have enough Crit Chance to make ranged carries fear your Parley. The plus side is you're also a threat in melee instead of folding over like paper like the traditional CritPlank.
My friend let me use his ac to try his Crit Plank and I got 15/0/13

I think hes great!

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheip View Post
My friend let me use his ac to try his Crit Plank and I got 15/0/13

I think hes great!
That's nice, but that's anecdotal evidence and ultimately worthless. I can site a bunch of games where the enemy built CritPlank and was useless to his team because of it, but I won't. The only reason CritPlank has any holdover after his rework was because it was the only way he actually worked originally. The change to his passive completely changed things and now he actually has enough damage to be more of a threat in melee than running around in the back like some kind of yellow-bellied coward tossing out 1 attack every 3-5 seconds.

I only hate Parley in the lane phase. If Gangplank is building CritChance like most every Gangplank I see doing it after the lane phase, it doesn't stop me from jumping on top of him and blowing him up. A tankish GP with a few +Crit items like Trinity, Atmas, or IE can still stand under a tower with his team and throw out Parley shots that hurt a ton while not being useless if the enemy decided to dive you.

Hand Bananá

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
That's nice, but that's anecdotal evidence and ultimately worthless. I can site a bunch of games where the enemy built CritPlank and was useless to his team because of it, but I won't. The only reason CritPlank has any holdover after his rework was because it was the only way he actually worked originally. The change to his passive completely changed things and now he actually has enough damage to be more of a threat in melee than running around in the back like some kind of yellow-bellied coward tossing out 1 attack every 3-5 seconds.

I only hate Parley in the lane phase. If Gangplank is building CritChance like most every Gangplank I see doing it after the lane phase, it doesn't stop me from jumping on top of him and blowing him up. A tankish GP with a few +Crit items like Trinity, Atmas, or IE can still stand under a tower with his team and throw out Parley shots that hurt a ton while not being useless if the enemy decided to dive you.
Nothing but truth. With that said Critplank can be fun but is a gamble in ranked.

TheMask336

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CervixThrasher View Post
Nothing but truth. With that said Critplank can be fun but is a gamble in ranked.
which is y i dont play ranked games its pointless..........never played arena in wow and its bascially the same thing only difference is arena killd bgs and bgs killed open world pvp..... :/
ranked doesnt effect the normals so its all good

Lockethallyon

11-04-2011

Full crit damage runes (can skip blues if you want, they don't give much) significantly increases the fun factor, but also the ranked risk factor.

Cenerae

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockethallyon View Post
Full crit damage runes (can skip blues if you want, they don't give much) significantly increases the fun factor, but also the ranked risk factor.
And they also give you an atrocious early game because you won't crit at all when you need it.