Omagawd! Controversial Insta-Death concept!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

greygadget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1354565
Please Review

What I think is that his ult is a bit confusing, either make it AD or AP so that champs such as tanks have a chance to do their job, instead of just running in and dying so easily.

SephirothWontDie

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
Not honestly that controversial, since it's not an "instant death" attack.

Instant death implies from full life, all yeu have is essentially cho'gath's ultimate as a passive, except without a cooldown and no bonus health or stacks and such.

If a champion has 3000 health, which's a good chunk, this essentially means he gets one single 300 damage nuke that does true damage, if he's in melee range. Not that bad, but 300 true damage for free is a lil bit high still. There's also the matter that it's kinda bland and boring. The player doesn't really choose when to use it, and has no real control over it. However, both these issues can be fixed easily.

Quick and easy fix? Make his Q, *REAPING*, be required to have the bleed on the target for the instant kill to take effect. Even build it directly into the Q and give him a new passive.

New Q:

Q: Reaping: Qyalis swipes at target enemy, dealing physical damage and causes them to bleed for 5 seconds. If the target is attacked by Qyalis while bleeding, and is below 8/9/10/11/12% of their maximum health, they automatically die.

Tada, easy fix, and balances it up nicely. Makes it a nice reason to put more points into the Q early, without being overly strong, since yeu both have to use Q *AND* a melee hit after, and prevents yeu from killing 5 people at low life, instead only being able to use it based on the cooldown for Q.

Nothing controversial about that at all, really.
now see, I like katsuni's idea here. its not op, but its not up either. leaves room for another passive as needed and still balances out the champion. my only thought about this insta-death thing is that it does severely punish anyone whos tanky, since squishies are essentially easier to kill and would have little need to be death-touched(I like that name actually.... Death-Touched....), thus saving Q for a high health target.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
now see, I like katsuni's idea here. its not op, but its not up either. leaves room for another passive as needed and still balances out the champion. my only thought about this insta-death thing is that it does severely punish anyone whos tanky, since squishies are essentially easier to kill and would have little need to be death-touched(I like that name actually.... Death-Touched....), thus saving Q for a high health target.
The hell, how did I miss Kat's...flargh. Ok, yeah, that is better.

As for your concern Seph: Everyone builds tanky in Season 3. Isn't that what the 'meta' is now? X_x;; Just as well, he's been made with anti-tank in mind. He's an assassin that specializes in that field, considering how squishies aren't as susceptible to % damage.

Artificial Intel

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementSteel View Post
Qyalis, the Grim Executioner [Pronounced Ki-ya-lis]

Passive: Acolyte of the Scythe: (Innate) Whenever Qyalis lands a critical hit on an enemy, they are dealt additional physical damage equal to 2/4/6% of their max health.
Even Icey Apparition doesn't have that insane of a death threshold.

ElementSteel

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial Intel View Post
Even Icey Apparition doesn't have that insane of a death threshold.
Never really played Kaldr, so I had to look up what ability he had. I saw that it was his ultimate that did it, and I also noticed that he is a mage. Qyalis is a bursty assassin, so he's meant to do high fatal damage. The other thing is that it has requirements for the instant death to happen, while Kaldr's just tosses his ult across the map and nukes anyone that low. Qyalis would have to hit his Q Reaping in melee range, then would have to hit again with an autoattack should they be low enough.