Omagawd! Controversial Insta-Death concept!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoneixflare

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementSteel View Post
I have made it 10%. Look at the numbers. I'm just not sure if 10% is indeed too strong or just perfect, really. Also, his ult's been changed a while ago.
no i meant to say 10% at the start and then scaling up :P then it'd be OP i guess though.
i only checked his ult recently. it was different two hours ago in my defense...
i still like the idea. I think it has potential and stuff.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Yeah, over 10% probably is probably overkill. Sorry, just figured you would have commented when you saw it before.

3mptylord

10-12-2011

Is he a melee champion? Similar to Kassadin. Or does he hurl magic from his scythe like Karthus, Fiddlesticks and Soraka? Melee would make the insta-death fair, I think.

Although, I think 10% is too high. Perhaps make it scale? 5% (+1% per 250 bonus health), or something?

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

He is indeed melee. Honestly, I think what you suggest would be stronger because it could possibly go over 10%.

Katsuni

10-12-2011

Not honestly that controversial, since it's not an "instant death" attack.

Instant death implies from full life, all yeu have is essentially cho'gath's ultimate as a passive, except without a cooldown and no bonus health or stacks and such.

If a champion has 3000 health, which's a good chunk, this essentially means he gets one single 300 damage nuke that does true damage, if he's in melee range. Not that bad, but 300 true damage for free is a lil bit high still. There's also the matter that it's kinda bland and boring. The player doesn't really choose when to use it, and has no real control over it. However, both these issues can be fixed easily.

Quick and easy fix? Make his Q, *REAPING*, be required to have the bleed on the target for the instant kill to take effect. Even build it directly into the Q and give him a new passive.

New Q:

Q: Reaping: Qyalis swipes at target enemy, dealing physical damage and causes them to bleed for 5 seconds. If the target is attacked by Qyalis while bleeding, and is below 8/9/10/11/12% of their maximum health, they automatically die.

Tada, easy fix, and balances it up nicely. Makes it a nice reason to put more points into the Q early, without being overly strong, since yeu both have to use Q *AND* a melee hit after, and prevents yeu from killing 5 people at low life, instead only being able to use it based on the cooldown for Q.

Nothing controversial about that at all, really.

ElementSteel

10-12-2011

Thank you for your input Katsuni. ^^
I just trying to be silly with the 'controversial' title and to grab attention honestly. Just as well, I originally had his ultimate as being able to take someone down from 100% but the conditions were waaay too awkward (Having to hold an enemy still for 3 seconds as Qyalis channeled).

I like your suggestion for his Q though, I appreciate the help. My only problem is should it only his bleed that can cause the death or could other bleeds such as Talon's set it off too...I'm not sure if the latter would be too strong, your opinion? And really couldn't it just be added to his current passive as it is instead of putting another passive as part of his skills?

Zarkran

10-12-2011

Add a damage type to the ult. Either make it physical or magic damage. Flat 25% is a bit much.

You can also add in a slight scaling with the ult if it's not true damage. Otherwise i can see this guy being built atmogs, super tanky running and and just eating people with his ult and running out, rinse repeat with Cd reduction.

ElementSteel

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkran View Post
Add a damage type to the ult. Either make it physical or magic damage. Flat 25% is a bit much.

You can also add in a slight scaling with the ult if it's not true damage. Otherwise i can see this guy being built atmogs, super tanky running and and just eating people with his ult and running out, rinse repeat with Cd reduction.
My reasoning for Soul Harvest to be like that is...well...it's an ultimate. I would be appropriate to be able to dish out that kind of damage as an ultimate skill. If anything though, I could probably reduce the damage-to-heal-ratio.

RiP Achilles

10-12-2011

I think its an amazing champ idea. Good Job! +1

Echoing

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruk View Post
I think its an amazing champ idea. Good Job! +1
I get the feeling that if I threw out a champion with nothing but a melee attack with its scythe, you would upvote on sight.