Omagawd! Controversial Insta-Death concept!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Qyalis, the Grim Executioner [Pronounced Ki-ya-lis]

Passive: Acolyte of the Scythe: (Innate) Whenever Qyalis damages an enemy, they are dealt additional physical damage equal to 2.5% of their max health.

Q: Reaping: Qyalis swipes at target enemy champion, dealing physical damage and causes them to bleed for 3 seconds. If the enemy is bleeding and at a % of life, they are marked with the debuff 'Death-Touched' and are instantly slain by a single autoattack by Qyalis.

Quote:
Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 mana
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Range: 125
Physical Damage: 90/120/150/180/210 (+.9 attack damage)
Physical Damage per Second: 50/52/54/56/58 (+.2 attack damage)
Instant Death Threshold: 13/14/15/16/17%
W: Chase of Death: (Passive) Qyalis gains bonus attack speed and movement speed.
Quote:
Bonus Attack Speed: 30/35/40/45/50 %
Bonus Movement Speed: 20/22.5/25/27.5/30%
(Active) Qyalis ignores unit collision for a short time.
Quote:
Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 mana
Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
Duration: 1/2/3/4/5 seconds
E: Hack and Slash: Qyalis slashes target enemy unit’s limbs, supressing them for 1 second and dealing physical damage.
Quote:
Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 mana
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds
Range: 250
Physical Damage: 80/100/120/140/160 (+.6 per attack damage)
R: Soul Harvest: Qyalis dashes forward in a straight line, sticking the blade of his scythe through the first enemy champion he encounters. Qyalis drains the enemy of 25% of their total hp, healing himself for a % of the damage dealt.
Quote:
Cost: 200/225/250 mana
Cooldown: 200/150/100 seconds
Range: 700
Damage to Heal Ratio: 25/37.5/50%
-------------

Quote:
Health: 415 (+83)
Mana: 256 (+50)
Attack Damage: 47.98 (+2.86)
Attack Speed: 0.6465 (+2.41%)
Range: 125
Health Regen: 5.93 (+0.68)
Mana Regen: 6.82 (+0.58)
Armor: 14 (+3.5)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
Movement Speed: 350

Tags: Melee, Assassin
Quotes
Upon Selection:
- I am the Angel of Death, the will of the Summoners.
Movement/Attacking:
- Their time draws near…
- Fate has deemed their lives over.
- Such fragility…
- Who am I to disagree?
Taunt:
- Give up the ghost!
Joke:
- Don’t fear the reaper…
Ultimate:
- Your life is forfeit.
- Prayers shall be given for your soul.
- End of the line.
Dance:

Skins:
Classic Qyalis: Standard Summoner appearance, wields a scythe and barely any his face is shown from under hood.
Masquerade Qyalis: Cloak is blood-red; a skeletal masque is worn underneath hood. The scythe looks skeletal in nature with what appear to be bloodstains on the blade.

Story:
The Institute of War held sway over most, if not all, of Valoran. The League of Legends that it had created was a method for all to use to settle various disputes. When there were important disputes that could not end peacefully, an assassin was employed to end a troublemaker's life. This assassin was the hand of the Council, a reaper in the shadows. Qyalis had obeyed every order given to him by the Summoners, be it to kill a rogue summoner or test the abilities of potential new champions. The Council had eventually believed that Qyalis' skills were being wasted when he was on standby, so it was decided that he would become apart of the very League he tested for. Always an extension of the Summoner's wrath, Qyalis stands on the Fields of Justice, showing that the Council is felt even during battle.

----------------------

More concepts found at ElementSteel's Arsenal

Phoneixflare

10-12-2011

i like it, i just know everyone's going to go...

OMG HE CAN ONE SHOT ANYONE?! THATS NOT EVEN FAIR. IMBA IMBA OP

i think it's a cool concept though.

Echoing

10-12-2011

What's the point? If you're going to make the instant death stupidly hard to set off, just don't bother. Pantheon does it better - instacrits at 15% or lower HP on the target.

BTW? Some champions don't have hard CC to interrupt channels with, including Sivir, Master Yi, Tryndamere, Soraka, Karthus, and more. In addition, some champions such as Ashe, Warwick, and others only have hard CC in the form of their ults. That basically makes the ult an instant kill on a one-on-one situation - ESPECIALLY with Yi and Tryndamere, as standing there attacking is all they can do and probably will do.

It's not really a good idea overall, buddy. Some stuff is too broken even with all the handicaps you can imagine - either OP or so restricted it becomes UP. You want instant death? Stand in front of a full spell combo from Brand or Annie, or linger around with low HP with an enemy Karthus in play, or try dueling Pantheon below 15% HP. This is not the right way to go about it.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

I can see your point about the ult, and was thinking it might be too strong anyway especially if he chooses to insta-gib a tank to make the squishies more vulnerable. I'll change the ult, but what about the passive? My logic with it was that if they're as low as 5%, they're already dead.

Edit* Changed it so it causes severe damage to possibly combo with passive.

Echoing

10-12-2011

Still a silly idea - again, if you want instant death, just put an Infinity Edge on Pantheon. If you're below 15% HP you're one Q away from exploding.

I didn't look at the rest of the abilities because the entire core of this champion is based off that instant death - but you'll rarely be in a position where you can't kill an enemy in one last hit from 5% anyways, so it's fairly useless.

ElementSteel

10-12-2011

Hmm...I figured going higher than 5% would be too strong. I really feel like instant death can be balanced out somehow, and as for that example of Pantheon, he's not in every game, so perhaps Qyalis could be a sort-of substitute for that sort of thing. Only thing I can think of is instant death to creeps below a certain hp to make him a good farmer.

Edit* Increased %s for passive.

Phoneixflare

10-12-2011

so maybe make it 10%? that'd be unfair though wouldnt it :P
good for chasing...
so then if its useless to be channeling for 3 seconds... make it 2 or 2.5... ;D
and if you get owned by pantheon like that...use thornmail on rammus with his defensive ball or something Dx
happened to me once. i killed rammus but still. . .

Phoneixflare

10-12-2011

so basically now you turned his ult into life break from huskar in DotA :[

ElementSteel

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneixflare View Post
so maybe make it 10%? that'd be unfair though wouldnt it :P
good for chasing...
so then if its useless to be channeling for 3 seconds... make it 2 or 2.5... ;D
and if you get owned by pantheon like that...use thornmail on rammus with his defensive ball or something Dx
happened to me once. i killed rammus but still. . .
I have made it 10%. Look at the numbers. I'm just not sure if 10% is indeed too strong or just perfect, really. Also, his ult's been changed a while ago.

ElementSteel

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneixflare View Post
so basically now you turned his ult into life break from huskar in DotA :[
How is it like Huskar's ult? Qyalis uses his mana for it and it's fixed at 25%.