Any advice for going against Olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkenDragon

06-14-2010

what people dont seem to realize is that olaf is very dependant on his skills, an olaf with low mana is easy prey since he wont beable to use is w spell which gives him the amazing life steal and large damage, and he wont beable to use his ulti nor his q spell to slow you down to run away.

so even though its not such a cost efficent weapon but wit's end would be a huge against olaf, especially against a player who isnt getting mana regen or mana items at all which most wont since theres more important items to get, his mana pool is very low and the cost of his spells are fairly high in ratio to his mana pool. so once hes out of mana he becomes a weakling

Strychnine NoVA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
Jax would pretty much rofl stomp the olaf unless he was poorly geared in comparison.
Nope, did this last game I played. Jax had his essential (Rageblade), and I didn't have too much more. His mistake was trying to fight me in creeps, not accounting for my lifesteal, and choosing to fight me while I had blue buff so I could E spam. XD

He did it again later, he dodged occasionally, but he had no survivability so my increased damage put the hurt on him.

However, I'm not going to seek out Jax's as Olaf... :-P

Anywho, as far as going against the Viking, what these guys said is completely true. Burst is your friend, and mana can work against him. Exploit that the best you can. Just don't focus him while his ult is on, because even though it doesn't reduce a RIDICULOUS amount of damage doesn't mean that the other high damage dealers on their team WONT kick your teeth in while you focus him. Smart play wins against Olaf, like all other toons.

Reign28

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalis View Post
Jax would pretty much rofl stomp the olaf unless he was poorly geared in comparison.
Personally I like to hunt down Jax as Olaf. Just get sword of the devine, activate it, and you'll drop Jax before he (or his team) can kill you. Even if it's a 1 for 1 trade, you'll kill him first and make life easier for your teammates.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign28 View Post
Personally I like to hunt down Jax as Olaf. Just get sword of the devine, activate it, and you'll drop Jax before he (or his team) can kill you. Even if it's a 1 for 1 trade, you'll kill him first and make life easier for your teammates.
If you're not getting burned down in the time it takes to kill jax (Even with 5 whole seconds from SoTD.) then something is wrong.