Well, what do you think?

Awesome! 4 44.44%
Same old stuff.... 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

(Champion Concept)Dwylin: The Relic Thief <with concept art>

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darksoldja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-11-2011

would love to see some more concept Art. something in color maybe or like a skin or two. because you know every champ has 3 skins to start!
PS: love the Work keep it up and keep improving on it and you never know this might be the next log awaited Champ!

Guy Mannly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeKay View Post
Thanks, i wanted to keep him normal because while reading some of these concepts the champs have some crazy stats. You had many solid points and sorry for the skill stories, i always hated loose ends and thought i would save the time answering questions about how he can do this or that, so i just had the "story" on top and actual skill info under it. pretty much Ezreals amulet he found lets him control his own magic like a boss and the ladder drains magic from other things to use.

The only other thing i got is, isn't it all being recycled? most the new champs have been borrowing skills from older ones but just with a new animation, which was my take on the skills since new skills are hard to come up with that haven't already been done other then things that would be out right silly. but still i get what your saying and see it my self, wishing i could come up with something original. Now i did think i was original on my ulti but there seems to be confusion on how it works.
while a lot of new champions have similar skillsets to previous ones, there are still differences. it's okay to be inspired by previous skills as long as you're a bit more subtle about it. you could also try basing your skills on those from other games - for instance, skarner's ultimate is based on rampage from hon.

ZeeKay

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Mannly View Post
while a lot of new champions have similar skillsets to previous ones, there are still differences. it's okay to be inspired by previous skills as long as you're a bit more subtle about it. you could also try basing your skills on those from other games - for instance, skarner's ultimate is based on rampage from hon.
The last sentence, if true, is a sad one. I dont care that they re-use all these abilities in LoL but that they ran out of ideas they are now taking from other games? honestly reading page after page of skills literally just now the similarity between champion skills are far too frequent. yes i know they change something about it but you cant deny that it was already done despite if its "instead of doing reduced def its slowing them." what i noticed is that its repeated with a minor change.... sometimes if any and either had been buffed or weakened. well what im getting at is i feel like your saying my abilities have nothing remotely different about them and i just dont see it, other then my Xin Zhao Q copy(honestly i had no ideas and just went with one figured i will fill in later.)

I'm not trying to argue or anything i just relly felt the need to defend my poor skills since i really feel like they arent copy pastes.

Guy Mannly

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeKay View Post
The last sentence, if true, is a sad one. I dont care that they re-use all these abilities in LoL but that they ran out of ideas they are now taking from other games? honestly reading page after page of skills literally just now the similarity between champion skills are far too frequent. yes i know they change something about it but you cant deny that it was already done despite if its "instead of doing reduced def its slowing them." what i noticed is that its repeated with a minor change.... sometimes if any and either had been buffed or weakened. well what im getting at is i feel like your saying my abilities have nothing remotely different about them and i just dont see it, other then my Xin Zhao Q copy(honestly i had no ideas and just went with one figured i will fill in later.)

I'm not trying to argue or anything i just relly felt the need to defend my poor skills since i really feel like they arent copy pastes.
innate = renekton, just renamed and with a smaller pool. q reminded me strongly of heartseeker strike even if it isn't exactly the same. w is almost exactly like a defensive version of gangplank's e. e is as you said, a blatant copy of xin zhao. r's passive is ryze's.

making a whip-using character could work but the fact that he looks like an ezreal clone detracts from the originality. (you'll notice i accidentally called his q "mystic shot" in my last post). maybe you could change the character a bit and try and modify his skills so they're a bit more unique to his weapon of choice.
ditch the gangplank ripoff skill. you might not agree, but i think that one's a bit too obvious. perhaps you could replace it with a gap-closer. i personally think you should remove the essence mechanic, or modify it to have a larger pool, as it seems to be a hindrance more than anything. don't just throw a few pre-existing skills together. try and give him skills that complement each other - for instance, a gap closer would make it easier to get into position to auto attack. you could also consider giving him a skill that buffs his attack speed. just supplying a way to help charge his essence is important.

Phoneixflare

10-12-2011

I think its a cool idea, but that some of the skills are nothing new, like the typical ms/mr self buff...and i would change the concept art a bit too.
i think instead of looking like ezreal, make his entire appearance revolve around his gauntlet. Make it abnormally large cause it's full of all this energy he keeps absorbing... make his hair longer down his back too it might change up his appearance. As far as his clothes, i imagined when you said 'thief' that what you drew was something more along the lines of a FF Tactics thief or someone dressed in like half assassin half casual attire. Thats about it for the concept art, which i know you were just drawing a sketch so dont take this as me saying it sucks or anything. Its definitely not bad...i wish i could draw ANY of my characters.

As far as the gameplay...i think he might get a little boring if he's a melee based on his energy system... i think what would be cool is if he was a mid range attacker(like say, less than that of a mage like Ryze) with melee abilities. so basically he has to get close to use a lot of his skills, but, he can still sort of sit back and attack from a distance(granted a small distance) and gain his essence. I mean, a whip is sort of long range, just not to the point where it is a bow or a gun.

Phoneixflare

10-12-2011

oh and, i would start the essence cap at 50, max it to 150 at level 16 with 100 being in the middle at 11 and 75 at 6, but increase the amount you get per hit, and reduce the costs slightly...or if you find it doesnt need to be reduced then whatever haha

wants to sleep

10-12-2011

what they all said is what I was really trying to say. Guy's Idea is also good, as right now his skill as a whole don't mesh THAT well.

jvfroman

03-06-2013

wow just dug this up. REALLY nice concept. BUMP FOR JUSTICE!!