Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Well, what do you think?

Awesome! 4 44.44%
Same old stuff.... 5 55.56%
Voters 9 .

(Champion Concept)Dwylin: The Relic Thief <with concept art>

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeeKay

10-11-2011

Dwylin: The Relic Thief

Attributes: Melee, Carry

Lore

Being a notorious thief of artifacts and relics, Dwylin was beaten by the prodigal explorer in the discovery of the amulet at the Shurima Desert pyramids. After witnessing Ezreal bind the amulet to his glove and summoned away, Dwylin was angst in his loss of this unknown power and began searching the rest of the pyramids for any clues to what the prodigal explorer had just found. Soon after, to his surprise, Dwylin uncovered a second amulet almost identical to Ezreal's find, only it seemed to be calling him in a ominous way. Once touched, the amulet bound itself to Dwylin's Right Glove and drained him of all his magical power.
Dwylin awakened feeling empty and cold but yearning for power, as he stumbled to get up from the ground he noticed the amulet glowing as his had touched the ground and suddenly he felt a surge of power as if he stole the magical essence of the ground itself. Dwylin then realized the power of the amulet, giving him the ability to steal magical energy from any source and giving it to himself for however long he touched the source. Soon after Dwylin found himself summoned to the Fields of Justice to be used as Champion for a conflict he could care less for. Seeing that Ezreal had been summoned to the same place yet his amulet acts the exact opposite of his, Dwylin found his own purpose for being summoned, or as he said, "If i can get the other amulet there's no telling what i can do."

"I don't know why I'm here and could really care less, but I see a lot of Relics and Artifacts that I'd like to get my hands on..." Words of the Thief known as Dwylin.

Base Stats

HP: 400 +80per Lvl(1760)
MP: none
HP Regen: 6.75 +0.65per Lvl(17.8)
MP Regen: none
Attack Damage: 56 +3per Lvl(107)
Attack Speed: 0.700 +2.98%per Lvl(1.055)
Range: 150 (uses a Relic Whip)
Movement Speed: 330
Armor: 16.5 +3.5per Lvl(76)
Magic Resist: 31.5 + 1.5per Lvl(57)

Abilities

Energy Bank(Innate): With his Ability to steal magical essence from anything he touches, foes feel drained and exhausted from his attacks.
~
Dwylin's normal attacks drain foes and charges his amulet with their magical energy storing up to 25 stacks of Essence to be used for his abilities. Champions hit by Dwylin are marked with a debuff for 5 seconds where they lose 3/5/7% of their Attack Damage, Attack Speed, and Movement Speed but are returned after effects end. (Levels up at 6/11/16)

Mystic Whip (Active)[Q]: Using his favored relic from an iconic Explorer, Dwylin finds that holding his whip with the amulet bound hand activates a magical energy found with in the relic and is able to thrash out with energy.
~
Dwylin thrashes his whip for 2 seconds in a cone shape area in front of him damaging every half second and pulling his foes slowly closer to him.

>Range: 500
>Damage per hit: 10/40/70/100/130 (+0.90 per attack damage)
>Pulling Range Amount: 75 per hit
>Cost: 2/4/6/7/8 Essence
>Cooldown: 3 seconds

Earth Dash(Active)[W]: Touching the ground with his amulet bound hand, Dwylin drains natures energy and becomes endowed with natures strength.
~
Dwylin channels for half a second and gains increased movement speed, armor, and magic resist for 7 second.

>Movement Speed: 18/20/22/24/26% \
>Armor: 5/10/15/20/25 > + 0.1% per ability power
>Magic Resist: 2/4/6/8/10 /
>Range: Self
>Cost: 6/8/10/12/14 Essence
>Cooldown: 15seconds

Whip Shift(Active)[E]: Dwylin feels possessed with talents emitting from the whip as suddenly his skills with this relic become nature to him and he can aim precisely with it, using it to trip up foes.
~
Dwylin Whips out 3 times at a target snatching their feet up on the last hit and tripping them up(Airborne).

>Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.4 per AD or 0.5 per AP)
>Airborne time: 0.5/0.5/0.5/1.0/1.0 seconds
>Range: 250
>Cost: 4/6/8/10/12 Essence
>Cooldown: 10 Seconds

Flux Overdrive(Passive/Active)[R]: The archaic amulet begins to hunger for more energy and increases its capacity to store Essence. Rarely does the amulet get too much Essence but when it does it releases all the stored energy back to the rightful owners but not in a friendly manner.
~
Passive: Dwylin gains more capacity to store energy.
Activated: When either 10, 25, or 50 Essence is stored, Dwylin can release the energy back to all marked targets dealing magic damage distributed evenly between them.

>Storage Increase: 5/10/10
>Damage: 300/450/600 [+50/100 damage for higher Essence usage] (+ 1.0 per AD and 0.9 per AP)
>Cost: 10, 25, or 50 Essence is required to use skill, (of course 50 is only achievable at lvl 16)
>Range: Global
>Cooldown: 80 Seconds
***(Notes on Ulti: I can see this in my head and i guess it made sense to me but ill explain it better. You have to have a minimum of 10 stacks to use his ulti which will deal the initial damage shown, if you happen to have 25 stacks at the time you want to use it you will do 50 more damage using it with 10 stacks, and then 100 more damage if u happen to have 50 stacks. What I would like to imagine is that when activated and you have hit a champion the animation would look like a mini Ezreal ulti that goes straight to the champion with a mark on him no matter where they are on the map( although since he is melee it wouldn't be far since there is a 5 sec timer on the mark) and if say you hit 2 champions the animation would be the same but like 2 of the Ez ultis heading towards their mark and splitting the total damage between the two. The idea behind it is to resemble Ezreals amulet power since Dwylin has the sister amulet)

Here is the concept art you've been waiting for. I'm sorry if your not impressed as i gave up when i realized that if riot took my idea into consideration just about everything would be changed so no need for the sweat of extreme details.

Yea he looks like Ezreal, but only cause of the glove in my opinion. I think its the point tho to go with the lore of the game since so many champions have a Nemesis.... For example Nasus/Renekton(i know they're brothers) , Katarina/Cassiopia, and one more... Kayle and Morgana. Yet they are almost all related come to think of it. well maybe not this new Champ that's supposed to be after Twisted Fate.

ZeeKay

10-11-2011

bump. i need feedback!

wants to sleep

10-11-2011

I like the champ as a whole, but the lore is stale in my opinion (no offence, just an opinion) I actually quite like it, but I suggest that his costs on his abilities go down at the start and scale up instead of being flat. Also, could you clean up how you talk about the ulti? It just looks... odd, to me and I'm not too sure I understand it, but from what I can see, it looks needlessly complex. Why not just have a ulti passive that lets him store more stacks, and keep/buff the other part as an active?

As a concept though, looks really good.

Guy Mannly

10-11-2011

reposting this here:

i was expecting to see something like the post about unnecessary support buffs from a while back, but was impressed at your decisions on base stats. you thought this through better than i expected. you chose very typical stats for a melee champ.

most of my issues aren't really related to the character's stats. for instance, your skill descriptions could be shortened a lot - you have backstories behind them, which are cute and all but a bit out of place. you could cut off the first phrase of the innate's description, for instance. the description for mystic shot is more like a story than a skill description - it's phrased like you're telling how he found out about it, instead of just giving a description of what it actually does. just shorten what you wrote and get to the point - anything that doesn't directly have to do with how the skill functions should remain in the introductory paragraph describing the character's background.

it's really clear where you got your inspirations from. when i read most of the skills i immediately thought of other skills already in the game, and usually when i compared their stats, they were unusually close. the champion honestly isn't that interesting because everything he does is borrowed from others (he even LOOKS almost exactly like ezreal) - there's nothing original about what you came up with. statistically, he seems like a solid champion, but i feel like that's only because you standardized everything based on the skills you were imitating.
gameplay-wise, the main flaw i saw with it is the essence pool is really small considering the costs of skills. as a melee champ it's a bit hard to be constantly auto attacking while in lane, and you'd need to be auto attacking a lot just to be able to use one skill. with a full essence pool you'd only be able to pop maybe four skills at level 18 before having to auto attack 50 times just to get back all your essence. the character's passive forces you to build attack speed, which is completely useless for his skill set.

and a side note - no fedoras. please. league is my sanctuary from hipsters.

ZeeKay

10-11-2011

Quote:
Blínd:
I like the champ as a whole, but the lore is stale in my opinion (no offence, just an opinion) I actually quite like it, but I suggest that his costs on his abilities go down at the start and scale up instead of being flat. Also, could you clean up how you talk about the ulti? It just looks... odd, to me and I'm not too sure I understand it, but from what I can see, it looks needlessly complex. Why not just have a ulti passive that lets him store more stacks, and keep/buff the other part as an active?

As a concept though, looks really good.

Can you be more specific about the flat ability costs? i only have 1 skill that has a flat cost that i see, but if your talking about the 5/5/5/6/7 type costs, its because i feel that he wouldn't be able to do much in the early lvls till lvl 6 with such limited storage but at the same time that's the point so that he cant be to op. On the ulti, i can picture it clearly and it would be awesome(at least to me) but i added a bit more explanation of it to try to clear things up. and yea i suck at lore.

wants to sleep

10-11-2011

Thanks for clearing up the ulti, my point on that stands though. It's a cool idea, but almost is unnecessary to me. I personally think that passive increasing of storage would be better, but it's your idea.

Right now to me, it looks like his early game is going to be super weak, and yea I was talking about the storage stacks. They need to be a little lower at those low levels to let him even fight at all, IMO. Pre 6 right now he will be something like a punching bag, but by 16 he can spam everything all the time, and I think you should try and balance that curb a little, because he's just going to get zoned out.

ZeeKay

10-11-2011

Quote:
Guy Mannly:

Thanks, i wanted to keep him normal because while reading some of these concepts the champs have some crazy stats. You had many solid points and sorry for the skill stories, i always hated loose ends and thought i would save the time answering questions about how he can do this or that, so i just had the "story" on top and actual skill info under it. pretty much Ezreals amulet he found lets him control his own magic like a boss and the ladder drains magic from other things to use.

The only other thing i got is, isn't it all being recycled? most the new champs have been borrowing skills from older ones but just with a new animation, which was my take on the skills since new skills are hard to come up with that haven't already been done other then things that would be out right silly. but still i get what your saying and see it my self, wishing i could come up with something original. Now i did think i was original on my ulti but there seems to be confusion on how it works.

ZeeKay

10-11-2011

Quote:
Blínd:
Pre 6 right now he will be something like a punching bag, but by 16 he can spam everything all the time, and I think you should try and balance that curb a little, because he's just going to get zoned out.

This^ is true i hadnt thought about it thanks again. Even tho its a concept and nothing else, i was still afraid of making a too "OP" champ that people would say, "thats stupid, he will just pew pew everything at no cost." thats at least the reasoning i could give you behind it. On the ulti, i felt his other skills werent enough "oomff" to make him even worth playing till you got to blast everything you hit within the last 5 second with his Ulti.

Again i appreciate you and others for your inputs, it really helps and i think more changes are to be made since the feedbacks.

wants to sleep

10-11-2011

Just on the subject of the ulti, it's not that I think you should take away the damage part of it, but instead make the part where he gets stacks a passive, and make his ulti even more 'oomffish' with a shorter CD

ZeeKay

10-11-2011

oh, that was the idea. that its like Ryzes Mana he gets from his ulti as a passive permanent, but can also do something when activated that has nothing to do with the passive.

Update: Changed ability costs to better his early game. changed his Q skill to slight pulling rather then knockback so you can keep the fight going and minions close for storing essence. Slightly increased his attack speed to help out some in gaining stacks.