Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Remove Philosopher's Stone Already

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morinav

06-12-2010

Quote:
Lima Beans:
It was commonly complained about as the most OP item in the game, so was urfed into the ground =(

Requesting a Philosopher's Stone skin for WW.

Salacavalini

06-12-2010

Just give it an upgrade item a la Deathfire/Youmu/Randuin

Stolstice

06-12-2010

How about kill 2 birds with one stone? People say Tiamat sucks, and they say Philosophers stone sucks, so why not have Philo stone upgrade into Tiamat, and give tiamat cooldown reduction?

Urobolus

06-12-2010

Quote:
Stolstice:
How about kill 2 birds with one stone? People say Tiamat sucks, and they say Philosophers stone sucks, so why not have Philo stone upgrade into Tiamat, and give tiamat cooldown reduction?

Rework Tiamat, and have Tiamat + Philosopher's Stone build into something.

Mandena

06-12-2010

Philosopher's stone was amazing for me level 1-20.

After getting T3 regen runes though it lost its luster.

FizzeIl

06-12-2010

I used to love it so much as a newbie (L)

DT777

06-12-2010

Quote:
Lima Beans:
It was commonly complained about as the most OP item in the game, so was urfed into the ground =(

There needs to be some sort of active made for it. Like Hand of Midas from DotA or something.

Then it'd be worth getting again.

Darge

06-12-2010

I'm ashe and I buy philosophers stone and 350g boots at my first go-back, usually when I'm 6-8lvl. It makes me able to harass enemy with volley like there was no tomorrow. I can also be harassed a little, because it'd heal anyway. The item is useful through the whole game, I can jungle with it and regain the hp, I can fight for a long time, harass them all the time with volley and still have a lot of mana. I also have glyphs for mp5/@18, but it isn't enough in early game and philosophers stone is everything I need. I can even spam volley on creeps and farm very fast and last hit them all, e.x. when I'm ganking and I meet a creep wave. And i play on mid elo.
Am I doing it right or wrong? Can I have an anwser from top-elo players, not just some randoms please? No stereotypes please!

Edit:Note that I'm doing extremely fine, I always have the biggest number of creeps and kills, I'm always the carry and I actually carry the team.

Ganthorn

06-12-2010

Quote:
ZyloWolfBane:
It doesnt need to be removed, but it does need to be upgraded so that it upgrades into another item because as it stands its the worst deadend item.

IMO this is perfect. Make it go into a better version of the tiamats like the perserverance goes into the battlefury in dota.

Archlord Mythos

06-12-2010

Make an upgrade for this, like you did with all the other +5 gold per 10 items.

Perhaps something like the DotA Bloodstone? (i.e. make it combine with catalyst to give a good item with either a nice passive or a decent active...)

As it is now, it's just a waste of gold. There are items that give a lot more mana or HP regen, and if you're going for gold then why waste so much money on it? Why not just stack Avaraice Blades (or even lucky picks)?

Something needs to be done, needless to say.

Edit: I mean, sure, the combination of health + mana regen is nice, and the extra gold is an interesting tidbit to make you want to keep the item with you, but when other items can combine and become so much more useful, this one item is too overshadowed...