Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Combining runes question?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Panda Bear

06-12-2010

I was wondering when you combine 5 tier 1 runes you get a random tier 2 rune? So if I took 5 tier 1 Mana Regen @ 18 and combined them I won't get tier 2 Mana Regen @ 18? Instead I'll get a random tier 2 rune? Thank you :]

R66Y

06-12-2010

yes, you would get a random rune. It could be a tier 2 mana regen/lvl, but it will likely not be. Generally, use the combiner to get rid of old runes you won't use anymore (ie, upgrading to tier 3 runes, you won't likely use the tier 1/2 runes so use the combiner and maybe you'll get something nice).

The Panda Bear

06-12-2010

I see thank you :] I think it'll just be best for me to wait till level 10 then buy tier 2 runes.

Excession

06-12-2010

Quote:
WinterTide:
I see thank you :] I think it'll just be best for me to wait till level 10 then buy tier 2 runes.

NO. DON'T BUY TIER 2.

Okay, now that I have your attention, it is generally agreed by the community that tier 2 runes give you the least bang for your buck. I recommend buying tier 1 runes as they give roughly half the benefit of tier 3 for a mere sliver of the price. Once you feel that the level that you play at requires runes to be competitive, start replacing them with tier 3. Meanwhile buy champions.