Combining runes question?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Panda Bear

06-12-2010

I was wondering when you combine 5 tier 1 runes you get a random tier 2 rune? So if I took 5 tier 1 Mana Regen @ 18 and combined them I won't get tier 2 Mana Regen @ 18? Instead I'll get a random tier 2 rune? Thank you :]

R66Y

06-12-2010

yes, you would get a random rune. It could be a tier 2 mana regen/lvl, but it will likely not be. Generally, use the combiner to get rid of old runes you won't use anymore (ie, upgrading to tier 3 runes, you won't likely use the tier 1/2 runes so use the combiner and maybe you'll get something nice).

The Panda Bear

06-12-2010

I see thank you :] I think it'll just be best for me to wait till level 10 then buy tier 2 runes.

Excession

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTide View Post
I see thank you :] I think it'll just be best for me to wait till level 10 then buy tier 2 runes.
NO. DON'T BUY TIER 2.

Okay, now that I have your attention, it is generally agreed by the community that tier 2 runes give you the least bang for your buck. I recommend buying tier 1 runes as they give roughly half the benefit of tier 3 for a mere sliver of the price. Once you feel that the level that you play at requires runes to be competitive, start replacing them with tier 3. Meanwhile buy champions.