Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Theres a reason why Trynd is played in every game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dgpoop

10-13-2011

only two letter describe how to counter Tryndamere. "CC"

Anduraga

10-14-2011

I haven't seen Tryndameres in my games recently. About a month ago, Tryndamere, Akali and Mordekaisers used to show up every game. Now, I only see Akali 2 out of 5 games.

I used to hate playing against Tryndameres, but whenever I see them now, I haven't had much of an issue with them. I shut them down early and hunt them down in the jungle when they're gone. If the game goes on long enough, they can be a problem to be sure. Buy Thornmail and make him pay for attacking you. Every game I've been against a Tryndamere, he's had very little influence in team battles. He's always somewhere else trying to farm and backdooring towers like the noob he is.

Bench Warmer

10-14-2011

play gp, gp > trynd

dirkDiGgYDIGGLER

10-15-2011

I feel like this isn't a problem with Trynd so much as it's a problem with inexperienced teams that's compounded by blind pick normals.

The keys to killing Trynd are to put someone in the lane against him who can bully him early, never let him free farm without making his team pay, and focus him in the later game to make him ult instantly then just kite or ignite and kill depending on if he thinks he can run.

If you have a good poppy player (for ex.) they can both bully him early in the lane and make the late game REALLY tough on him with cc + one shot kill burst. Junglers like Udyr who can actually fight him or lee sin/nunu who can deny farm and make his early game hell with ganks are quite effective too.

It's just harder when you can't pick against him so might not have a confident top laner and your team doesn't know how to keep him down early or focus him late. I remember people playing passively as I leveled up with my brother (he used to carry me on trynd too!) and half the games they would let him just farm up.

TLDR: It's not a problem when everyone's more experienced but a combination of needing your team to understand his weaknesses and counter-picking not being an option makes him tough for folks in normal games.

Patroks

Recruiter

10-15-2011

Quote:
dgpoop:
only two letter describe how to counter Tryndamere. "CC"

Or just don't feed him top...Play it safe, and call mias and he won't be a big deal

Tadiken

10-15-2011

Quote:
TheM0ve:
I played with my two bros from level 1-30 we just hit yesterday. My bro has used Tryned everytime. My bros cheap like that and will flock to anyting OP. Game would be so much better if Trynd was nerfed or just removed.

Spinning through walls, best slow in the game, 5 secs being immune to dmg. One of the best heals in the game. And to top it off does the most damage of any champ in the game.

immune to falling below 1 health.

Tadiken

10-15-2011

i find it hilarious how people can find trynd so overpowered when an equally fed udyr with some skill can out damage a tryndamere like a boss. sure udyr doesnt have a wall leap but... turtle stance will overall block more than trynds ult.

Tadiken

10-15-2011

Quote:
Niblib:
Best slow in the game? Ashe and Nasus say hi.

i agree, both nasus and nunu have better slows, ashe, not so much, just more efficient.

Tadiken

10-15-2011

Quote:
AzuraZero:
Trynd is probably OP, mostly because of his ability in pub games to take a solo lane top, spin off into the jungle with his free heal, kill some things, come back to lane full, farm, spin off into the jungle etc.

If the top laner doesn't handle that situation properly (is there a way short of ganking him?) it turns into a trynd more farmed and higher leveled than the solo because he is able to both lane and jungle simultaneously with superior sustain.

Having a jungler or duo top tends to make this harder for him to accomplish, but that's one of the leading reasons he's so pub-stompy outside of his combat potential (he always has more money than you).

Though I have ways of dealing with him, sometimes there are combinations with trynd that just scream unfairness to the degree of absurdity.

Take fiddle/rammus trynd. Usually you can kite trynd after his slow wears off, but a rammus taunt or fiddle fear's absurdly long disable will allow trynd to crit your face off before you can move mercs or not.

the meta game of twisted treeline currently states "you will either have akali, mordekaiser, or tryndamere because most nubs dont know how to counter those three trololol." i play udyr and have a problem with none of those champions, but sometimes play akali or mordekaiser if i dont feel like having a challenge.

Tadiken

10-15-2011

Quote:
Friggid:
i kno my 3s team doesnt even ban trynd every game we'd rather get rid of lee sin/morg
Edit: forgot we also have to ban Singed the god of 3s

singed gives me nightmares in tt... almost as much as gragas. god why cant i beat a gragas! also tryndamere even in normal games(yea i dont play ranked) is dessert for any tanky ad.