Dominion sympathizes for losing teams. Rubberbanding, artificial "close games", etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

Quote:
Right, but the big difference is that on SR, respawn timers are determined by your level, so in a close game respawn timers are almost identical. On CS they are not, they favour one team (the losing team)
Of course...but the map is bigger. Riot stated the reason for the tweaked respawn timers was to simulate travel time that you would normally require on SR. Sure the respawn timers are about the same, but the increase is just to simulate getting deeper into your opponents base and having to walk all the way back to the action. Not sure if it's neccessary, but it seemed like an aspect of the game they wanted to bring with them into Dominion. Since crystal scar is much smaller, the respawn timers get a little bit longer the lower the points get.

Unfortunately people are turning a few seconds into "GAME MECHANICS ARE MAKING ME LOSE!"

Quote:
What does that mean? Morello means that no matter how well a team does early game, somehow the match still boils down to 125 to 125. In other words, if my team has a 400 point lead, it doesn't matter because the system will chip away at my 400 point advantage with its automated checks and regulations. If you don't understand the term rubberbanding in this context then...may God help you.
The problem is...the change he is talking about will do nothing for your "rubberband" theory. So instead of both teams usually ending up at 125-125...after they "nerf" it, teams will usually end up at lets say...75-75. The same situation is happening, just closer to the end. The only true mechanic that can come close to contributing to "rubberbanding" is the respawn timers getting a tad bit longer for you when you get way ahead. It's the ONLY thing. If you can find something else, tell us about it. But if we get rid of this respawn system they have implemented, doesn't that hurt the chances of a comeback, more than leaving it the way it is help it?

It sounds like most of you only want early game to matter. Because unless Riot starts to bring back farming and snowballing mechanics will you people ever get rid of this feeling you have of being cheated.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skataki View Post
some times you just need to sit back and defend your 3 points. going out for 4 points could end in you losing your lead
This!!!
Now to the thread poster..
iff you have 3 points and have that huge lead is easy enough to get cocky, jsut dont do it so in this cases
did you
a) you go to fight under their bot turret without taking in consideration how much and how hard their ccs were how late-game their champs were?
b) go on a solo jungle mission believing yourself Indiana jones thinking you are fed enough to faceroll whoever passess by and then chasing just to end being ganked 1 by 1
c) check the minimap to see who you were seeing and who was "mia" or however it is called in dominion
if you answered yes to either a or b questions then the answer is obvious
if you answered NO to c and lsot that match then your loss is completely deserved and whenever you lose after getting a huge lead check if you did a or B because if you lsot then that loss is ALSO completely deserved,

looka t youtube for karma gamepaly hottshot GG or something like that if you notice something is that when the teeam finally got the lead theyd ecided to Push the drill and fighting under it, they LOST the game there is a pretty **** obvious mistake, if they had commited to defend thy would have won

your"artificial" close game was not so artificial is capture and hold and killing is not all that matters (it still matters but timing WHEN to and how to is way more important in dominion) aka: there are moments for backdooring, there are moments for Roaming and killing and for the Love of god/ala/ramadamadin/the flying spagetti/whoever you believe THERE ARE MOMENTS for being PATIENT and DEFENDING

ps: whow ere you playing? to me it seems that the respawns are almsot the same always the only champs that seem to have longer respawn timer are those whoa re on a killing spree getiing like +.5 seconds for every killa fter third without dying(this already happens in SR and TT) or a capping spree, yes that annoyng janna out there that somehow manages to neutralize points before you even get there and doesnt stay to cap.

TimeZero

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
Agreed, while the mechanics of Dom do allow for comebacks. They don't enforce a comeback. If you lost a 400 point lead it was yours to lose. I've had several games lost with such a lead, and I've had several games were we never dropped below 350 and the game was over in minutes.

I recently had a game where we had an early lead and then slowly over the match we just started losing it, and we were 50 points to losing. That's when it occurred to a couple of us that they had steered us into a ninja capping game, that they were simply better at. We finally got our 3 points back and made sure that everyone knew in chat that we had to defend only. They're team that was Superior at ninja capping just didn't have the meat to push us off our points and we won the game. But it was only that realization, and subsequent decision that enabled us to come back, from their come back.

You have to understand why you had the lead in the beginning, why you are losing it now, and what to do to get it back. In a game where farming and level advantages haven't nearly the impact, team comp, and strategy is brought into even sharper focus.
You clearly nailed it. I've won around 40% of my games being at 350+ and I've lost too that way.

There's 1 game I've played recently where we were losing 19 to 128 and a bit later 4 to 76. We rallied up and changed our strategy. We went and caped Top-Mid-Bot of our side and began to defend instead of going for a 4th point. We had the firepower and the mobility to defend between our points, but for the Ninja gameplay they were clearly better and we realized it very late, but just on time to not lose. It was a great comeback, we won 4-0 at the end and we were praised in the postgame chat by our opponents. It was truly a great game for both sides.

My point is the system isn't "The Hand of God". We (the players) realized something and we changed our strategy/gameplay accordingly. The decisions we took were better and we really played like a team. We didn't give up and we really felt the pressure of having 4 HP left...1 mistake in our game plan and it was over. The "system" as you implied did nothing more for us as it did for our opponents. We still got the same gold flow, and everything else the Crystal Scar buff do. WE CHANGED THE OUTCOME BY CHANGING OUR STRATEGY AND STICKING TO THE PLAN and nothing else did it for us. Not you, not your mamma, not Santa Claus, not the Pope nor God did it. WE TOOK OUR FATE IN OUR HANDS AND WE CHANGED IT.

ArchLord James

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZero1 View Post
The "system" as you implied did nothing more for us as it did for our opponents. We still got the same gold flow, and everything else the Crystal Scar buff do. WE CHANGED THE OUTCOME BY CHANGING OUR STRATEGY AND STICKING TO THE PLAN and nothing else did it for us. Not you, not your mamma, not Santa Claus, not the Pope nor God did it. WE TOOK OUR FATE IN OUR HANDS AND WE CHANGED IT.
Wrong sir! You did have an advantage that the system gave you. Obviously passive gold exp and crystal scar buff are the same for both teams, duh your deflecting from the real advantage by even mentioning these mechanics. Nobody with a brain implied those ever change. However, riot has confirmed that death timers are much shorter for the losing team. Ive tested it myself and the difference is anywhere from 5 - 10 seconds. If you don't get how big of an advantage that is for the whole team to have this bonus on a fast paced map like dominion then I don't think anybody can help you. And the messed up thing is that your team had this advantage which allows them to control the map and the bonus is not lost until the score was tied, which means u got the bonus until the other team had 4 points at which point the game was practically over since you controlled the map at that point. That is the main problem with death timer bonus for losing team. If the bonus is given to a team that has like 10 or less hp left they have basically got it for the rest of the game which means if the other team can use the bonus for a comeback, they are ensured victory.

TimeZero

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLord James View Post
Wrong sir! You did have an advantage that the system gave you. Obviously passive gold exp and crystal scar buff are the same for both teams, duh your deflecting from the real advantage by even mentioning these mechanics. Nobody with a brain implied those ever change. However, riot has confirmed that death timers are much shorter for the losing team. Ive tested it myself and the difference is anywhere from 5 - 10 seconds. If you don't get how big of an advantage that is for the whole team to have this bonus on a fast paced map like dominion then I don't think anybody can help you. And the messed up thing is that your team had this advantage which allows them to control the map and the bonus is not lost until the score was tied, which means u got the bonus until the other team had 4 points at which point the game was practically over since you controlled the map at that point. That is the main problem with death timer bonus for losing team. If the bonus is given to a team that has like 10 or less hp left they have basically got it for the rest of the game which means if the other team can use the bonus for a comeback, they are ensured victory.
Newsflash for you: we were the losing team and that means we had our ass kicked more than once while the winning team was on a killing spree. The death timer IS AFFECTED by a killing spree just like Summoner's Rift, nothing new here. Once someone that has a killing spree dies, the death timer becomes as long as mine. It not Dominion's system, it's HOW LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WORKS.

Luvatar

10-18-2011

I've come to make a simple rule: If you do well at start, you lose. If you do terrible at start, you win.

Just lost yet another game with a 453 lead when the enemy had 60 left. This really needs to be looked into :s

TimeZero

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvatar View Post
I've come to make a simple rule: If you do well at start, you lose. If you do terrible at start, you win.

Just lost yet another game with a 453 lead when the enemy had 60 left. This really needs to be looked into :s
You got outplayed, simple as that.

Luvatar

10-18-2011

Pretty sure that had nothing to do with it. They where pretty terrible.

TimeZero

10-18-2011

You don't realize how much time it takes to go from 453 to 60 (i'm only stating 60 for a tie game), but it's around 5 to 6 minutes depending how long they had 4 or 5 points. If you can't realize your team is doing something wrong by that time, then you got outplayed. Plain and simple.

I've won numerous match 350+ to 0 and we never lost the lead. Getting cocky and overconfident is really easy in Dominion and often it spells DOOM for your team.

Infirc

10-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZero1 View Post
Newsflash for you: we were the losing team and that means we had our ass kicked more than once while the winning team was on a killing spree. The death timer IS AFFECTED by a killing spree just like Summoner's Rift, nothing new here. Once someone that has a killing spree dies, the death timer becomes as long as mine. It not Dominion's system, it's HOW LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WORKS.
Bump
This has been said a whole lot of times on the thread but the crybabies that just want to roflstomp easy-mode being able to royally screw up or just want to be plain dumb and go rambo-careless free for all mode and it not mattering; arent even paying attention to this, they are answering and quoting other things and rushing to repeat the same thing over and over, ┐cover up?