Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion sympathizes for losing teams. Rubberbanding, artificial "close games", etc.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KalaVedaks

10-14-2011

no capping might but the system actually works perfectly fine without the capture points activated

Ahlen

10-14-2011

I definitely do not enjoy it when our team dominates early only to lose at the end because they stopped losing points for dying and eventually out late-game hero'd us.

Fox P McCloud

10-14-2011

My biggest gripe about it is the loss of tickets once it reaches a certain point.

Yes it "Feels awful when you have a few points and your team-mates die" causing you to lose the match, but hey, guess what, welcome to every FPS on the planet that involves tickets. Yes, I realize this isn't an FPS and I realize some things should be changed, but this makes no sense at all; if you're really that concerned about it, just make it so the very last point can't drop because of a kill.

Brackhar

Features Designer

10-14-2011

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:
My biggest gripe about it is the loss of tickets once it reaches a certain point.

Yes it "Feels awful when you have a few points and your team-mates die" causing you to lose the match, but hey, guess what, welcome to every FPS on the planet that involves tickets. Yes, I realize this isn't an FPS and I realize some things should be changed, but this makes no sense at all; if you're really that concerned about it, just make it so the very last point can't drop because of a kill.

We actually tried that exact implementation in development, but it produced some pretty negative gameplay by removing a lot of the tension around those final point holdouts.

Percilus

Recruiter

10-14-2011

well when i die i get a 30 sec death, that is a lifetime

Jadarok

10-14-2011

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:

I prefer the game decided by controlling territory. Heck...why does killing champs remove tickets at all? Why did you guys feel the need to add it in kinda half way. In this MOBA style territory control, losing the game from ticket loss would feel pretty anti-climatic and silly. So what was the decision to leave them in during the first half of the game only?

Necks

10-14-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:
We actually tried that exact implementation in development, but it produced some pretty negative gameplay by removing a lot of the tension around those final point holdouts.

So, instead of player skill and great teamplay creating the tension, you want the automated system to create the tension for us? But wouldn't it be epic if the final struggle of a match was not a passive, slow, "sit on capture point and wait for the inevitable", but rather a huge brawl in the middle of the jungle or something? Blasting that last man to smithereens and then seeing the Victory screen.

It just feels like player skill is not contributing enough to one's success on Dominion. The automated checks and controls of the system, the way the system regulates winning and losing sides...... I've seen some of the worst players ever just facerolling around and doing nothing (ON MY OWN TEAM) and we still win, even though they didn't deserve it.

Sometimes when I'm paired with the worst, most re'tarded teammates ever, I purposefully try to lose because my team does not deserve to win, and we still win. Anyone else ever experience that? Why do player actions and decisions feel so trivial?

Hobocop

10-14-2011

Sure. It was because the other team was worse.

Jadarok

10-14-2011

Quote:
But wouldn't it be epic if the final struggle of a match was not a passive, slow, "sit on capture point and wait for the inevitable", but rather a huge brawl in the middle of the jungle or something? Blasting that last man to smithereens and then seeing the Victory screen.

Why would you think that? If the game is about to be decided by sudden death...everyone is gonna turtle and wait for that perfect poke to win the game. They aren't gonna charge in the middle for a big flashy show. That's why a game being decided by the taking of a point is much better.

Necks

10-14-2011

Quote:
Brackhar:

So, instead of player skill and great teamplay creating the tension, you want the automated system to create the tension for us?