double points for sitting on node

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FowD8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

it's the only way defenders will ever get the points they need to stop being called "bad" when they're basically the #1 player carrying the whole team, i'm tired of it... i won't play dominion again until defender's score is fixed. i'm tired of being alone at top because my team decided they wanted to cap the enemy's mid/bot (only to be stopped) then me alone at top killed 1v3 1v4 and top gone... my points look like **** and their's are sky high cuz they neut a point for 2 seconds while i'm 4/10/10 trying to hold off top as long as possible by myself (taking most of them to 25% health but can't kill all of them)

you know what, forget that, make standing on node 10x more points, then people will actually play for what's the true priority of the game... defenders should be outscoring attackers 2x more just to prove the point that defense wins games

DJTK

10-20-2011

why would you ever leave yourself open to a 1vX situation?

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

If you're going up 1v3 and 1v4, and you're not absolutely confident that you can kill them, don't even try.

If there's no reinforcements coming very soon, just give up the ground, stall as long as you can, but don't die.

Dying, and buying at most 1-2 seconds of extra time before losing the point is worse than staying alive. Sure, you'll lose the point, but if you get killed, you'll give them free gold and -2 off your nexus as well as being unable to influence the map for much longer than if you had just retreated.

FowD8

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0B0C0P View Post
If you're going up 1v3 and 1v4, and you're not absolutely confident that you can kill them, don't even try.

If there's no reinforcements coming very soon, just give up the ground, stall as long as you can, but don't die.

Dying, and buying at most 1-2 seconds of extra time before losing the point is worse than staying alive. Sure, you'll lose the point, but if you get killed, you'll give them free gold and -2 off your nexus as well as being unable to influence the map for much longer than if you had just retreated.
my point is that i'm left there alone... if you doubled points for standing at nodes, it'd encourage people to stop roaming the jungle and actually defend so that i'm not there by myself... oh and to add... i can survive for around 10 seconds vs 3 and usually kill one of them... 10 seconds = -5 hp and since i killed one (neutralizes my death) and left the others at 25-50% (leaving them vulnerable) i'll go ahead and completely disagree with you that you should run away

DJTK

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowD8 View Post
my point is that i'm left there alone... if you doubled points for standing at nodes, it'd encourage people to stop roaming the jungle and actually defend so that i'm not there by myself... oh and to add... i can survive for around 10 seconds vs 3 and usually kill one of them... 10 seconds = -5 hp and since i killed one (neutralizes my death) and left the others at 25-50% (leaving them vulnerable) i'll go ahead and completely disagree with you that you should run away
With which Champion?

Bobby

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTK View Post
With which Champion?
If you bring Garrison like you should as bottom defense, then there are plenty.

Maokai is the main one that comes to my mind.

Hobocop

10-20-2011

Roaming is an important part of the game. If 2 people are sitting on a node, all that does is tell the enemy where you are, and they're going to go elsewhere.

Roaming the jungle isn't the problem, it's that people don't know how to do it properly.

K J

10-20-2011

If you're defending, you shouldn't be standing on a point doing nothing.

I'd say you should get 0 points for standing there, but they should increase the points for capture interrupts.

Plus if you're defending vs 3 all game and you have that bad of a score, you are NOT defending vs 3 - you're letting them kill you under a tower. There's a very significant difference.

FowD8

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by K J View Post
If you're defending, you shouldn't be standing on a point doing nothing.

I'd say you should get 0 points for standing there, but they should increase the points for capture interrupts.

Plus if you're defending vs 3 all game and you have that bad of a score, you are NOT defending vs 3 - you're letting them kill you under a tower. There's a very significant difference.
who the hell just sits on the tower? that's just dumb... when i say on the node, you do know that the area around the node for defending is about twice the size of the grey stones, right? i usually hide just outside of the node near the health packs so i can jump in and catch them off guard

and to ur 3rd statement,,, l2read