Biggest Problem with Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhyreMynd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2011

I am sick of losing games of Dominion because people have no idea what the Domination game type is. They just run around deathmatching and at the end of the game they think its the fault of everyone else when they're 10/8/5 with 0 captures. The biggest problem with Dominion is there is no way to enforce the game mode. People just see it as an arena setting where they can fight over and over without attempting to cap anything. Whichever team has the least amount of YAY! YAY! DEATHMATCH! Twisted Treeline noobs wins. There needs to be a system put into place to punish those that don't want to play the game Domination style and would rather just deathmatch.

tehknox

10-19-2011

People should learn to play that new type of game. It would be a good start.

SuperSobotka

10-19-2011

well you do get additional gold for capping points

and if your not dying and doing stuff you should end up with more gold then people who dont, dont get me wrong an important part on the team is the "I JUST KILL PEOPLE" person but you should also have some characters to protect those, or mobility champs who can ninja cap

Digitalpotato

10-19-2011

It's because nobody's content with just three-capping and will constantly go for a five-cap and then wonder why all of a sudden we start losing.

When you capture three nodes, you sit back and DEFEND.

Not push mid

Not push bottom

Not run laps around the jungle

DEFEND.

SuperSobotka

10-19-2011

it also pisses me off when im bottom and i outlane the enemy, i push them so hard i get to take their next turret. then i watch the map knowing that a bunch of the enemies will come to take it back

i laugh to myself, awesome now the rest of my team will have domination of the top portion of the map, three or four of the enemy team come to take the point right next to their base mwhaha i laugh we will easily hold top and mayhaps even take the one upper close to their base

then look in horror as 3-4 of my teamates come to that point, die eventually, an enemy solo caps our top point and top point near our base

god.

****it

Rawrified

10-20-2011

I don't know if I am doing it wrong or if strategy is dead... I like to play Shaco on dominion ( i know i know, get the laughs out now -_- :P )

Generally if we have 3 capped, i'll start lining up jack in the boxes around nodes and in the jungle to prevent caps while just running around windmill since most of my team mates like to 3 man the jungle (i assume our bot stays bot -_- ).
If we lose the windmill, I tell my team to poke, but not engage. Then I will hop over to the enemy mid and begin capping. It is my theory and understanding that people are gonna send 1 or 2 people to try and stop you. If they don't, they lose the node and we have 3. If they do, then that makes the fight slightly easier on my team trying to take the windmill. Instead, I get people charging into the windmill, getting killed, then saying WTF SHACO WHY YOU NEVER WITH THE TEAM. at which point i kind of like to /facepalm.

One game, I was being whined at by a really bad blitz. This blitz not only couldn't land a grab to save his/her life, but he/she was under the impression that if we keep throwing people at a node, we'll eventually win it. I had about 40 personal score, when rest of my team had like 150 ... and all I heard was, WTF SHACO SO LOW PERSONAL SCORE. So while they were farming my team inbetween windmill and our mid, I ninja capped their mid and then their bot because our bot was having a blast distracting theirs. with 4 nodes capped, the blitz was still charging windmill and saying SHACO NEVER HELPS. ( mind you at this point I had #1 personal score, but because I wasn't with the team, apparently I was useless. )

Do people really think this way? =[ or am i just doing it wrong.. =/

ikillutwice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

people think this way I just played a game as eve and was called bad I had on my team, best cd, most captures, and was the only one who ever capped top and defended it (it was a 4v5)

Gharen

10-20-2011

Play a high mobility champ that can back door and give a decent 1v1 fight to offset your bad teammates.

Mogs01gt

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalpotato View Post
It's because nobody's content with just three-capping and will constantly go for a five-cap and then wonder why all of a sudden we start losing.
When you capture three nodes, you sit back and DEFEND.
Not push mid
Not push bottom
Not run laps around the jungle
DEFEND.
You can push minions but not over extend. Good map awareness helps with that.

Phourc

10-20-2011

^ Yah, I feel point defenders also need to keep pressure on the enemy points and not let them just 4v5 the rest of the team, HOWEVER the trick is doing it without dying xP

Also, my greatest problem with dominion is absolutely the same as yours, people who can't deal with a backdoor rammus or eve, it's like okay I'm defending bot, my buddy's defending top, I wonder where they're going to be going guys? Hint: It's not the jungle >_<