Health/Mana Regen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkIanos

06-11-2010

Is there a cooldown period before Regen kicks in, like 5 seconds after being hurt or spending mana?

DarkPlaguedFiend

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIanos View Post
Is there a cooldown period before Regen kicks in, like 5 seconds after being hurt or spending mana?
I am pretty sure that regen is every 5 seconds no matter what has happened.

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

06-11-2010

Regeneration happens continuously regardless of combat or what is going on. The numbers are just given in regen per 5 for whatever reason. Regen does not tick every five seconds or anything like that.

DarkIanos

06-11-2010

Thanks for such quick responses! I was wondering mainly about the health regen seeing as I want to try tanking and didn't know if I would heal during fights.

BlackSura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIanos View Post
Thanks for such quick responses! I was wondering mainly about the health regen seeing as I want to try tanking and didn't know if I would heal during fights.
You will heal in fights but the amount you heal is very small compared to the amount of damage being dealt in a fight. Don't make the mistake of buying a high regen item (such as Warmog's Armour) thinking that it will help keep you alive longer in fights. Health regen is good for laning but in fights, it has almost no use.

DarkIanos

06-12-2010

Thanks, that is a good point, but the no downtime before healing will at least mean that I won't have to wait long for it to kick in if I have to run. Less downtime between fights then.

TheGenie

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSura View Post
You will heal in fights but the amount you heal is very small compared to the amount of damage being dealt in a fight. Don't make the mistake of buying a high regen item (such as Warmog's Armour) thinking that it will help keep you alive longer in fights. Health regen is good for laning but in fights, it has almost no use.
Not if your Mundo, his heals actually make a really big difference.

Kajitii

06-12-2010

Keep in mind that there are certain effects and abilities that cut healing and regeneration by 50%. The summoner spell Ignite does that, for example.