Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Health/Mana Regen

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkIanos

Junior Member

06-11-2010

Is there a cooldown period before Regen kicks in, like 5 seconds after being hurt or spending mana?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkPlaguedFiend

Junior Member

06-11-2010

Quote:
DarkIanos:
Is there a cooldown period before Regen kicks in, like 5 seconds after being hurt or spending mana?

I am pretty sure that regen is every 5 seconds no matter what has happened.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

colloquial

Emissary of the League

06-11-2010

Regeneration happens continuously regardless of combat or what is going on. The numbers are just given in regen per 5 for whatever reason. Regen does not tick every five seconds or anything like that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkIanos

Junior Member

06-11-2010

Thanks for such quick responses! I was wondering mainly about the health regen seeing as I want to try tanking and didn't know if I would heal during fights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackSura

Recruiter

06-12-2010

Quote:
DarkIanos:
Thanks for such quick responses! I was wondering mainly about the health regen seeing as I want to try tanking and didn't know if I would heal during fights.


You will heal in fights but the amount you heal is very small compared to the amount of damage being dealt in a fight. Don't make the mistake of buying a high regen item (such as Warmog's Armour) thinking that it will help keep you alive longer in fights. Health regen is good for laning but in fights, it has almost no use.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkIanos

Junior Member

06-12-2010

Thanks, that is a good point, but the no downtime before healing will at least mean that I won't have to wait long for it to kick in if I have to run. Less downtime between fights then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGenie

Senior Member

06-12-2010

Quote:
BlackSura:
You will heal in fights but the amount you heal is very small compared to the amount of damage being dealt in a fight. Don't make the mistake of buying a high regen item (such as Warmog's Armour) thinking that it will help keep you alive longer in fights. Health regen is good for laning but in fights, it has almost no use.


Not if your Mundo, his heals actually make a really big difference.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajitii

Recruiter

06-12-2010

Keep in mind that there are certain effects and abilities that cut healing and regeneration by 50%. The summoner spell Ignite does that, for example.


1