"Dom not about kills"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yobweja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
I go bot, push and neutralize the point, kill their bot laner and die to the person who comes to help. It matters, but guess what I forced 2 bot and neutralized their point; It depends on what the context is.
and, not only that, when the other guy you killed spawn they come and take your bot.... now try to get that back when your team has been playing **** jenga up at windmill...

Hugs From Momma

10-10-2011

Kills are a luxury you get to do when you have 3+ points.

FDru

10-10-2011

Kills don't matter. You can win without getting any, just like SR. And just like in SR, high end Crystal Scar gameplay will have much fewer kills/deaths.

JoeDuo

10-10-2011

Dominion isn't about kills just like SR isn't about kills.
It just so happens that you tend to need to kill enemies to be able to capture and hold points in Dominion, or to be able to destroy towers/inhibs/nexus in SR.
But, yeah, technically both maps aren't about kills, technically.

Also, somewhat related, I just want to get this off my chest; I once had a team that all went exactly 1K:7D all at the same time midgame. Then they all went bottom and fought there all game. Much sadness was to be had.

fuxalt

10-10-2011

In most games, teams that win often have a better KDR or more K than teams that lose. The more you kill the more time you deny your opponent from the battlefield.

haaaaaaaalp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Honestly, assuming shaco and rammus are banned, a team with 4 kill focused heroes top will usually beat a team with 4 cap focused heroes top. Unfortunatly, there are a lot of shortsided people who can't seem to make the connection that hey, if the enemy team is dead, we can cap and they can't. They game strategy can't seem to get beyond the point of *caps give my team points*.