Xavier, the Reckless Deserter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Xavier, the Reckless Deserter

Health: 445 (+95)
Mana: N/A
Attack Damage: 56 (+1.05)
Attack Speed: .7 (+3%)
Range: 125
Health Regen: 7 (+.85)
Armor: 18 (+2.5)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
Mov Speed: 320

Passive: Wild Endangerment: (Innate) Xavier damages himself by a fraction of what he deals out to enemies with skills (Starts at 20%). Xavier's skills are also not affected by cooldown reduction.

Q: Rash Twirl: Xavier moves forward spinning to deal physical damage in a radius.
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Range: 50
Radius: 300
Physical Damage: 50/65/80/95/110 (+.8 per bonus attack damage)

W: Dangerous Thrusts: Xavier stabs forward 4 times, each time dealing physical damage.
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Range per Stab: 50
Physical Damage per Stab: 25/50/75/100/125 (+.5 per bonus attack damage)

E: Wayward Slash: Xavier upwardly slashes at target, knocking them up, dealing physical damage. Unable to control himself though, he also slashes directly behind himself (does not cause knockup). Ability goes on cooldown after 3 uses.
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Physical Damage: 70/80/90/100/110 (+.6 per bonus attack damage)

R: Self-Discipline: (Passive) Xavier controls himself slightly, reducing the damage done to himself.
Damage Dealt: 15/10/5 %

Berserk: (Active) Xavier loses himself in battle, unleashing all of his abilities one after another in random order as well as autoattacking. Damage dealt with Berserk is 200% stronger than the normal skills. Self-Disciple is disabled while Berserk is in effect. Movement is still controlled while Berserk is in effect.
Cooldown: 30/25/20 seconds
Duration: 3/6/9 seconds

Quotes
Upon Selection:
- I’ll show you how strong I am!
Movement/Attacking:
- They don’t know what they’re missing.
- I’m not worthless…
- Hypocritical Demacians.
- This is how battle works!
- Nowhere to go…
- On the road again...
Taunt:
- Nothing's holding me back from ripping you apart.
Joke:
- Rock, Paper, Scissors…I WIN! *gestures his swords as scissors*
Dance:

Skins:
Classic Xavier: Tattered blue cloth, a scratched-out Demacian emblem on his shoulder. Swords are in the form of falchions.
Traitor Xavier: Noxian uniform, a clear Noxian emblem on shoulder. Swords appear as larger versions of Katarina’s daggers.
Safari Xavier: Standard safari outfit and wields machetes.

Story:
Demacia is a strict, law-abiding city-state, enforcing rules with incredibly harsh penalties. The Dauntless Vanguard is the most notorious for obeying these regulations, leading it to be the machine that it is. One young soldier does not always follow along, however. Xavier Fyrehart had an untamable streak, going into battle with reckless abandon. The carelessness of Xavier had actually led to the death of four other of the Vanguard soldiers. The Might of Demacia himself had personally spoken to Xavier, warning him that should he continue to act out of conduct and endanger his fellow man, he would be executed. The young soldier responded by deserting the Dauntless Vanguard, denouncing them as hypocritical killers and proclaiming that casualties are to be expected in battle.
For weeks, Xavier had wandered Valoran. Eventually, he had happened upon the Institute of War, having a feeling that he would be received as a true warrior there. Perhaps that is the reason the Summoners accepted him into the League. Perhaps the Summoners just wanted the murderer they had heard from Demacia to not be free-roaming. In any case, Xavier is a part of the League of Legends now, looking forward to each fight with aggressive vigor.

Alaranthos

10-14-2011

I've always been a fan of rabbid, frenzied slashing maniacs. This char. is no exception. XD.

I really like the idea here. Having a champ with such low cooldowns means having hyper active control and gameplay. However, that also equates to balance issues.

The passive is really neat, and I think its relatively fair. Unfortunately I doubt Riot would pass an innate that is counter intuitive in the sense that its like hurting your own team... which is the same reason they removed the "denying" aspect of the game (killing your own minions to limit the gold enemies can accumulate)

Another issue I have is that he never gets a breather for auto attacks since you might as well spam one of his attacks. I feel you lose an aspect of the game in this way; cause he virtually might as well not have auto attack as an option at all in this case.

Now his Q. seems to pale in comparison to his other two attacks. I feel there's really no reason to use this attack at all. Even at 350 range, which is far greater than the other skills, I'd personally rather pick up some moondancers or maybe a frozen mallet so I can unleash his other much more powerful attacks.

The other possibility is that the Q. is actually OP. This is because he can continually chase the enemy. Depending if he spins forward the whole 350 range, having that kind of mobility every second at max. is basically impossible to escape from in many circumstances.

His W and E are great though. I'd leave them as is, except maybe increasing their cooldown slightly at max, or just leave it fixed at 3 or 5 maybe. However, I'll leave that up to you since I don't see much fault in their current state.

Lastly I'm assuming his ulti isn't complete. Or is there only a passive portion. If that's how it is, I'd rather max. that skill last, which is not a typical trait of an ultimate.
This is because his cooldown reduction on all the other skills allows for so much spammability (2 second cooldown on a knockup is just amazing, Q forward slash is great for chasing, W is excellent dps) that I'd have the enemy dead before both taking damage and dealing too much to myself.

Considering his skill set though, I feel like his ultimate keeps his overall balance very well in tact.

Bliztron

10-14-2011

the passive and ult will never be made. Riot specifically avoid ally damage because people, sadly, like to screw people up.

Ok, I really dont feel like getting that into this champ, but E mifght be a little Op.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2011

Alrighty, I've changed him around a bit. Fixed the cooldowns for all skills in place while making E into a 'juggle' ability. I've also reduced the range of Q but increased its damage. Please tell me wha' you think.

Alaranthos* I felt the ult only needs the passive, honestly. I would still take that as priority since I don't want to take that much damage.

Also, Bliztron, I probably should have put this somewhere, but he really should be meant to either solo, jungle, or just as a clean up man after a teamfight.

Alaranthos

10-15-2011

I like the adjustments. Got nothing I'd argue with now, so I'd definitely try him out if he were ever released. Nice job.

TOXIC TAPEWORM

10-20-2011

Passive: Wild Endangerment: (Innate) Xavier damages himself and nearby allies caught in skills by a fraction of what he deals out to enemies (Starts at 20%).

Q: Rash Twirl: Xavier moves forward spinning to deal physical damage in a radius.
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Range: 50
Radius: 300
Physical Damage: 50/65/80/95/110 (+.8 per bonus attack damage)

W: Dangerous Thrusts: Xavier stabs forward 4 times, each time dealing physical damage.
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Range per Stab: 50
Physical Damage per Stab: 25/50/75/100/125 (+.5 per bonus attack damage)

E: Wayward Slash: Xavier upwardly slashes at target, knocking them up, dealing physical damage. Unable to control himself though, he also slashes directly behind himself (does not cause knockup). Ability goes on cooldown after 3 uses.
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Physical Damage: 80/90/100/110/120 (+.8 per bonus attack damage)

R: Self-Discipline: (Passive) Xavier controls himself slightly, reducing the damage done to himself and allies.
Damage Dealt: 15/10/5 %

recommend on passive removing friendly damage and having dmg applied to self only.

Q: way too short of a CD need to consider with CDR...try starting around 12.5 reducing by .5 per level that way wtih 40% cdr you are at 6 seconds. Otherwise 300 radius may be ok but 200 may be more acceptable. The damage and ratio are both ok. consider bumping the range up just a tad.

W: Is each thrust controlled by you or once activated all four attacks happen. what about if you hit terrain? Would be nice if they could be controlled and used as necessary. Much better that way for an escape mechanism and better for targeting your enemy. Secondly, we need to more math here this skill has ultimate feel to it. if all 4 attacks land at level 5 we're looking at 500 dmg + 2.5 bonus attack dmg. regardless way too strong. Perhaps 25/45/65/85/105 and (+.35 bonus attack dmage). And CD again seriously??? 3 seconds with CDR 1.8 cd wiht 40% op as it gets increase this drastically.

E:This skill feels like Tekken. Seriously, people get juggled enough from champion to champion in team fights. Seriously it is not necessary that this champ can control someone for probably around 3-5 seconds. Consider, Single knock up that knowcks an enemy silly causing them to dance for 1 second. single knock up. increase CD to 18/16/14/12/10. This also fixes another issue. If he has 3 strikes regardless of knockup he's looking at 360 base dmg and a 2.4 bonus attack dmg ratio. extremely strong. So if he is single knowck up now increase base dmg to 80/110/140/170/200 (+.5 bonus attack damage)

R:can be left just as is.

ElementSteel

10-20-2011

All skills are unaffected by CDR now.
Yes, the thrusts are controlled, with actual cooldown happening after the 4th.
Ya know...I was thinkin' more Soul Calibur, but yeah. It pretty much is meant to be a juggling move. I could perhaps reduce damage though.

Flanwaw

10-20-2011

I don't want to say anything else till that passive is worked out. If you were surrounded by all 4 of your teammates you;d literally be dealing JUST as much damage to your team as you would be dealing to the enemy team. I'd NEVER want that champion on my team. You gotta rework that passive somehow.

ElementSteel

10-20-2011

Ack! Fine! I'll take out the friendly fire part then! I'm keeping the self-affliction though! >: (

Bliztron

10-20-2011

told you earlier that the team damage was bad

Edit: Not trying to be mean or anything

looks better now but for E, three knockups are REALLY annoyinfg and is just too much CC. I suggest saying only tghe first knocvks them up.