Rageblade Phoenix Udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farmville

10-10-2011

So I've been playing Jungle Udyr (using Phoenix) and he's a pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything, etc.

Normally I grab Wit's End as my main atk item, but I was thinking about Rageblade, and how cool it'd be to get that on him, since it gives him atk speed/AP each skill use and basic atk, and a little more AD. Worth it or no?

And I know his AP ratios aren't good. BUT, since I alternate between Turtle and Phoenix, which combines for 1.0 AP ratio, sooo not too bad, amirite?

WickedPurging

10-10-2011

Just stick with Wit's End... Rageblade isn't a good item on Udyr, even if you're using Phoenix.

Farmville

10-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedPurging View Post
Just stick with Wit's End... Rageblade isn't a good item on Udyr, even if you're using Phoenix.
I understand that's the common consensus, but why?

Rageblade, according to the LoL Wiki, is the most cost effective item in the game (stat wise) when you have the 8 stacks. Those stacks are stupid easy to get on Udyr, who spams the hell out of skills, not to mention auto attacks.

You'll have ~140 ap with 8 stacks and because of Phoenix's active (assuming you have no other AP items/runes/masteries), which is adding 70 to your shield for Turtle and 35 dmg per tick to the AoE of Phoenix's persistent and active.

Wit's end provides that 42 magic damage per hit, but it's single target, while Phoenix is AoE, so I'm pretty sure his deeps in a team fight will be a lot higher and his extra turtle shield will make up for Wit's End's passive +20 mresist.

I build hella tanky after my Wit's End normally anyway, so by mid-late game the magic resist provided by Wit's End is negligible.

I'm going to at least give this a try in a bot game, see how it works, and then if it doesn't suck I'll try it in some normals.

bloodyarrow8

10-10-2011

I think you might be coming on to something. Ima be giving it a go probably build rageblade triforce or something

Vyrishi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

Well, Wit's end has 50 MR not 20, when you have it at 4 stacks which on udyr you always should have. Rageblade isnt a "bad" item on Udyr, but the AP ratios as you mentioned really aren't good for him. AP isn't useless for him but its not something you actually go out of your way to get. Also, Udyr has really horrible magic resist, so anything you can do to counter that is usually a good thing (such as Wit's End)

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

^ this is true- Udyr has the ability to be tank and still got decent damage so wits end -giving attk speed AND magic resist seems like a good item for udyr however Rageblade will only benefit him with decent sttack speed as his ap ratios are ****. therefore AS = more damage > Rageblade AP and unreliable AS.
if you havent been hitting stuff then you wont be able to use rage blade to its fullest potetial unlike jax when you have your ulti to help build up those stacks.

tl;dr Wits end is better on udyr. (its like putting trinityforce on kassadin.......sounds good but....not so good for what it costs)