Ranked Twisted Treeline Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razekal

10-19-2011

How do you feel the Hextech Gunblade nerf affects Akali and Jax? will they still be T2 or will they drop a tier?

Clubbems

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

Graves tier 1 right under singed. Go.

Drlickalot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

naice

Fiery Snake1

10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraell View Post
okay, so after seeing rayoul's take on a tt tier list, i thought i should probably make one using my experience in tt. If you think that someone should be higher / lower, post and i'll try to change it. And please, if you want to downvote it, go ahead. Just make sure to post why you don't like it and remember that i didn't do this for myself but for others. Also, if people like my tier list, i'll post my reasoning behind each champ. Otherwise, it would just be a waste of time. Okay, so without further ado, here i go.

draft mode tier list

(tier list goes from left to right, from best to worst in each tier)

tier 1: singed, lee sin, rumble, yorick, tryndamere

tier 2: cho'gath, morgana, jax, akali, udyr, gangplank, nocturne, garen, kennen, xin zhao, renekton, gragas, poppy

tier 3: ryze, cassiopeia, talon, sion, nasus, irelia, rammus, mordekaiser, brand, amumu, jarvan, trundle

tier 4: maokai, shaco, urgot, warwick, annie, ezreal, soraka, vayne, alistar, anivia, dr. Mundo, karma, riven, kassadin, xerath, nidalee

tier 5: nunu, teemo, galio, malphite, fiddlesticks, olaf, wukong, zilean, pantheon, blitzcrank, malzahar, swain, master yi

tier 6: caitlyn, kayle, orianna, tristana, shen, katarina, lux, kog'maw, leblanc, karthus, corki, skarner, taric, heimerdinger, miss fortune, sona

tier 7: veigar, vladimir, leona, janna, twisted fate, sivir, ashe, twitch, eve

description of tiers:

tier 1: Champions that are the most ban "deserving" and are often banned
tier 2: Just under tier one, these champs are very good, common picks. You will see them banned after t1
tier 3: You will rarely, if ever, see these champs banned but they are still good. Not the best, but still good.
Tier 4: A bit below t3, these champs are still good but definitely are not the best. They are more situational picks. For example, trundle is amazing on kite comps with cass.
Tier 5: Same as t4. However, these picks are not "optimal". You can still play them and do well, but they cannot match up against someone from the higher tiers if played at the same level. Situational picks as well.
Tier 6: Ehhh... Try not to pick these. There are just so many better champs...
Tier 7: Avoid at all costs. These champs, while some are good in sr, cannot function probably in tt. Terrible picks to be honest.

And no, i didn't forget about xerath. I'm just waiting a bit to see where he belongs. I'm not really sure if he is good or bad since i haven't played against any. Lol
also, did i forget anyone?

Remember, this is a work in progress. Please post constructive criticism. Also, i would like to give some credit to my friend and team member ghoztzero for giving me insight on who should go where. My other team member cosommak didn't help me at all, even though i asked him. Throw tomatoes at him when you see him. Feel free to friend request cos as i am sure he will love to answer all your questions. Okay, time to work on the reasoning. I think i'm only going to post tiers 1 and 2 as it is so hard and long to do.

edit: to show that i care and i listen, i am adding malzahar to this list who wasn't there previously. In addition to this wonderful addition, i am also moving tristana to t6 and moving down janna to t7. I am also considering adding "gentleman" cho to the tier list and moving him to the top spot. In addition to that, i am also considering moving up mao a bit.
edit #2: moving mao to t4. Still don't like him though lol. Also updating my reasoning as i believe aurazero pointed out that i forgot something.
edit #3: adding ryze to this list too! Apparently i forget lots of champs. Moving him to... Somewhere in t3 i think. His position is going to change though as we (meaning the 4 people that have really commented on this thread), reach a consensus. I guarantee that.
edit #4: due to a suggestion by ghozt as well as other people, i am moving yorick to t1.
edit #5: again, due to a suggestion by ghozt, i am moving talon up, ryze up, fiddle down, amumu down, ww down, and trundle up a bit.
edit #6: changing the positions of ashe and sivir, doesn't really matter. I just think sivir is a bit better as she can actually escape ganks with her ult and spell shield. Ashe is essentially free gold if the lane is too far pushed. Also, i am moving cait, trist, mf, and corki up a bit to t6 due to popular demand. They still suck, but i guess they aren't eve-category.
edit #7: moving rammus up due to the suggestion of friggid. He counters many of the ad bruisers that are common in tt.
edit #8: moving teemo to high t5. Good counter with blinds and has great map awareness with shrooms.
edit #9: due to some confusion about the tiers, there is nothing wrong with tier 3, and 4. They are all still good picks. Remember, this isn't elementz tier list with only 4 tiers. I have 7 because i... Uh... Wanted 7. Just remember, t3 isn't bad, it is really quite good. T4 is the same, but a bit less.
edit #10: adding xerath to t1 cuz saiyushu said so. You have a problem with that yell at him.
edit #11: i still don't know where to move xerath though, could i get a serious answer?
edit #12: moving poppy down to bottom of t2. Might still continue to move her down (not below top of t3 though). This is due to how she is more of a situational pick against heavy aoe teams. She is still good regardless, but she truly excels in this type of environment.
edit #13: i would like to thank everyone for supporting this thread and making it the most viewed and most commented on this forum. Thank you and i hope you continue to provide your thoughts. I promise i won't bite. Remember to hit the shiny green button if you liked it!
edit #14:
1. Moving kennen to t2. Zionyx as well as some other people have convinced me that he still deserves to be higher.
2. Moving brand down lower in t3. Same as annie. I'm not a big fan of squishy mages in tt. Though they can be good, they aren't the best picks against the top teams.
3. Moving olaf up to the end of t4.
4. Nunu and maoki moving up a bit. I still don't like them and i believe they bring their team down with their lack of damage, but their cc, tankiness, and sustain makes up for it.
5. Trundle, shaco, and uh, urgot moving up a bit in t4. Mundo is going down to near the end of t4.
If you aren't happy with the changes, just post it. I don't think it is exactly right. Tell me what to do and i'll do it.
edit #15: i thank everyone who voted on my xerath poll. As i promised, i'm moving him where you guys think he deserves to be -- t4.

booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vraell

10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razekal View Post
How do you feel the Hextech Gunblade nerf affects Akali and Jax? will they still be T2 or will they drop a tier?
I don't know... I'm probably just going to leave the tier list as it is. I'm just tired of this forum. Too little people and too many trolls.

Ephemis

10-21-2011

Lux is in the 'try not to use' category? Have you used her at all? Lux is a fantastic champion for TT. Her snare alone makes her a serious threat throughout the game. Her shield can also be used to great effect in the duo lane to counter dots and also neuter some ultimates. Her AOE can hit people off towers, over walls, and illuminate terrain. Her laser can hit people in other lanes, steal dragon, and generally just wreck people.

Heck, get a pairing like Fiddle & Lux bottom lane against two melee champs and it's GG unless you get outplayed.

Edit: Heck, she can completely shut down a lot of your tier 1&2 characters from early on. Her brother is pretty much hosed matched against her.

Demølisher

10-22-2011

Which Tier should Graves be in? I'm thinking tier 1-3, just a guess. Would like to know what you think of Graves.

Vraell

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemis View Post
Lux is in the 'try not to use' category? Have you used her at all? Lux is a fantastic champion for TT. Her snare alone makes her a serious threat throughout the game. Her shield can also be used to great effect in the duo lane to counter dots and also neuter some ultimates. Her AOE can hit people off towers, over walls, and illuminate terrain. Her laser can hit people in other lanes, steal dragon, and generally just wreck people.

Heck, get a pairing like Fiddle & Lux bottom lane against two melee champs and it's GG unless you get outplayed.

Edit: Heck, she can completely shut down a lot of your tier 1&2 characters from early on. Her brother is pretty much hosed matched against her.
Of course I've played Lux. That is why she is low. She is too squishy which is countered by the bruiser meta and has no sustain.

Vraell

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demlisher View Post
Which Tier should Graves be in? I'm thinking tier 1-3, just a guess. Would like to know what you think of Graves.
He is definitely extremely strong. Probably Tier 3 or 2. Probably will get nerfed though.

Ephemis

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraell View Post
Of course I've played Lux. That is why she is low. She is too squishy which is countered by the bruiser meta and has no sustain.
Yes, she is squishy and her sustain isn't great. It doesn't stop her in the least from completely shutting down higher 'tier' bruisers like Garen. Lux has such an advantage over champions like Garen it doesn't even seem fair to be honest. Then again, she's hardly the only champion on that list I wouldn't agree with.

Ugh, why do I even read amateur lists?