Arbitrary Anti-Snowball Mechanics keep Dominion down

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Have the reds given any details at all on quest or timer mechanics? If not speculation must give way to experimentation.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Quote:
Have you ever wondered why so many games of Dominion are so close? Why is it even when you are up hundreds of points at the beginning of the game you can suddenly see a massive swing in points? The answer is because close games are literally hard coded into Dominion through the use of death timers and quests.
No, those are very minor and have no true impact. This is a misconception used by losers to explain why they lost to a massive comeback. The real reason is people not realizing there is in fact, an End Game to Dominion. That over extending is much more punishing. Getting the lead in early game is meant to cushion the blow if you make a mistake end game.

Stop trying to perpetuate the rumor that game mechanics make losers win. If this was true then why don't you try losing on purpose to get a free win.... O.o

Shini Laser

10-14-2011

Why do people still perpetuate the myth that if you are winning, your respawn timer is longer than the enemy team's? I hit tab all the **** time and see the usual 22 second respawns on the losing team (since **** near everyone uses In Good Hands on this map).

The only "comeback" mechanic is that if you start winning, you don't take damage because the other team has points. If a team is up 3-0 in a best of 7 race in professional sports, by some miracle that the team with 0 wins 4 in a row, do people ***** that the team who won the first 3 didn't win the series by some mercy rule or some bull****?

The reason why a lot of games are close is because the longer you defend a point, the harder it becomes to defend it, as you are likely weakened by prior attacks. If you survive the first defense, chances are you won't last long after that due to the fact health kits can only do so much after a given point, especially if you are like me guilty of buying Warmog's on several characters.

Want an easier time defending? Circulate defenders.

Cyndikate

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsvoski View Post
I love that the game modifies variables to give the losing team a chance! What is wrong with close game? I wish every game was a close game, getting stomped and stomping aren't exciting from either perspective. Please keep dominion how it is!
The problem with that is that the only way to get that close game is to kill people until that 125 threshold. They didn't take or defend a lot of towers, they just kill anything that moves.

They'll be comebacks, but only if they worked for it.