Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Empressed

10-09-2011

I recently (3 days ago) bought Twisted Fate and having a whole army of ranged DPS champions, I wanted to see if I could play him as bot lane AD as well. I would really appreciate if people could critique my build.

Here is my current build:

Mastery - 24-6-0 masteries taking all 4 attack speed mastery points. 6 points in defensive masteries because of his overall squishiness.

Runes - 3 Arpen and 6 AS reds
9 Flat armor Yellow
9 AS blues
3 Arpen Quints

This gives me 15 Armor penetration, 13 armor and 16% Attack Speed.

Summoner spells - Flash and Teleport

Core : Brutalizer, Sword of the Divine, Phantom Dancer

I start out a single Long Sword and 1 health pot. Wait on the fountain for 2 more health pots and immediately teleport to bot lane (you won't miss a single creep). With 3 health pots, you'll sustain yourself far longer than you can with a Doran's Blade and Long Sword actually builds into something.

First trip back to fountain - If I have enough gold, buy both Brutalizer and the 350g boots (Berserker greaves if you farmed especially well). If not, prioritize boots over Brutalizer because I feel the movement speed is far more important.

Next trip back - Finish Brutalizer if you haven't yet, upgrade your boots. Grab Recurve bow as well. If not enough gold, just grab Dagger.

Finish Sword of the Divine. I think with with the arpen from Brutalizer and Sword of the Divine's active along with your 15 arpen from runes, you should be able to deal a ton damage. You should also have quite a bit of Attack speed from runes and items. From here on is basically reacting to what the other team has. I don't really believe Youmuus is that great on him so I keep the Brutalizer until late game to trade it for something better. I like Bloodthirster and PD for him but IE would also work well obviously.

If the enemy team has a lot of AP, I grab Wit's End. If they are really bursty however, I prefer Hex Drinker instead.

I haven't tried out Wriggle's Lantern on him yet but considering he has high AS with this build and I take Teleport with him, it could be a very good item for him. Trouble is it's sort of an iffy item to get mid game considering I rush Brutalizer and SotD first.