Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hybrid Blitzcrank viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karandor

Adjudicator

10-10-2011

manamune, triforce, odin's and frozen heart.

LittleBrudder

10-10-2011

I've actually had good success with AD blitz. Though i haven't tried AP or hybrid yet. Seems kind of silly buying Lich Bane without much AP.

Start --> Tear + boots (spam abilities until start.
Build Order
1.) Boots of Mobility
2.) Sheen -> Phage -> Zeal -> TriForce
3.) Manamune
4.) Glatial Shroud
5.) Negatron Cloak
6.) Frozen Heart
7.) Odyn Veil

I sometimes switch up buying sheen -> finish Manamune --> triforce. Kind of depends on my mood. With boots of Mobiliy you run around the map either capping or defending points. If we have 3 I tend to stick around a speed shrine waiting for the enemy to make a move towards a point.

I find him very flexible in his killing power, defensive power, and speed.

xMorphin3x

10-10-2011

magic pen boots..... 2 archangels staff for mana, mana shield, and AP........magic pen runes.....24 ability power quints. This build melts the enemy. u dont need swiftness boots cause he is fast enough. manamune is dumb cause he already gets double attack dmg from knock up. AP and Magic pen is most important. half your mana is a shield and when u have 3000 mana, a 1500 mana shield is awesome. thornmail, frozen heart, and force of nature and u rape.

Blackfire447

10-10-2011

Triforce-manamune-frozen heart, in no real order.

Thats all Blitz needs to be OP.

Seriously tho, he is OP on dom.(And SR in the right hands,really.)

Yoshimoryuken

10-10-2011

Thank you all for your feedback and not just telling me how bad i am at building blitzcrank . Ill try out

these builds today although i prefer a Ad blitz just my preference and maybe ill get silly again and try

and combine some of these and throw something weird in just for the hell of it. If anybody wants me to try something out though ill glady help them with that to and again thank you all!

piepiepiepiepi47

07-28-2012

Archangels

MMKH

07-28-2012

No point in getting Lich Bane at all unless you have more AP than your base attack damage, plus you need to get high CDR in order to proc it. I've tried AP Blitz before but it's just fail since you only have 2 skills that scale off AP and can't be used reliably to deal damage.

Redenbacher

07-28-2012

Quote:
MMKH:
No point in getting Lich Bane at all unless you have more AP than your base attack damage, plus you need to get high CDR in order to proc it. I've tried AP Blitz before but it's just fail since you only have 2 skills that scale off AP and can't be used reliably to deal damage.

This.

Building AP only improves the damage on two long CD abilities.... which, in my opinion, are only AP scaling because if they were AD scaling, he'd be completely broken.

An AP build also relies really heavily on Lichbane, which means you'll be doing nothing for damage output until you have at least 160 AP. Remember, Lichbane adds your AP to your next auto-attack on skill usage. Sheen will do more damage on-proc until you have at least as much AP as your base attack damage. It also does PHYSICAL damage, and you have all MPen. So the damage is even further reduced to meaningless.

Now, with an AD build, Powerfist is on a three second CD and doubles your TOTAL attack damage. This is why Manamune is powerful, adding as much as 160 damage to Power Fist, before base damage. Sheen/Triforce just adds to that. Moreover, Blitz does A LOT of auto-attacking, and has no problem sticking to a target - especially with trinity force. His AS/MS steroid is huge, further adding to the value he gets from AD - something AP Blitzcranks often forget. Finally, Power Fist and his AS steroid enhance PHYSICAL damage, and you'll have Armor Penetration with an AD build, improving the damage output even further.

Orphane

07-28-2012

You guys fell for like a year-old necro :/