Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What are Flat Runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Panda Bear

06-11-2010

When I read guides and watch videos they mention about flat runes may I ask what they are or how to obtain them? I can't seem to find it in the rune store. Thank you :]

Sylph

Recruiter

06-11-2010

Hi WinterTide,

flat Runes are runes that present a single non-scaling value. These runes are not as powerful as their scaling counterparts, however they offer you the most noticeable bonuses at early game play.

I hope that helps.

SomniumProxy

06-11-2010

As Sylph1 said, flat runes provide a "flat" bonus at all levels opposed to bonus per level runes.

wR Veritas

06-11-2010

On the other hand, keep in mind some scaling runes scale very well. Before you invest in certain runes, check which level the scaling counterparts crossover (i.e. at which level the scaling rune equates to the flat rune). For example, hp/lvl and mana regen/lvl scales well and crosses over very early. Hp crosses over at lvl 5 and regen crosses at lvl 4. In other words, flat runes aren't always the best, but they usually give the best benefit early game (which is when you need it)

Lil Will

06-11-2010

I would recommend buying flat runes for champions that don't have a strong early game, and use per level runes on ones who do have a strong early game.