Everyone blames the jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enchantz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Its so annoying i played one ranked game with Udyr ,ofc i couldnt gank cause my team pushed the **** out of every lane and then when they die ,oh well who to blame then poor udyr

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

problem is auto junglers. What I mean is people that autolock their jungler and leave the other players left with choosing a solo top. The idea of jungle is to provide 2 solo lanes. This is great IF that solo top lane can actually get farm and manage their lane.

What happens 50% of the time is the other team see's a jungler and puts their hard range's / harrasers top lane, and try to push the **** out of them, to point top can't farm at all. It's this point where junglers get blame even if it's not their "fault" cause well it is if there was someone helping the 2vs1 lane things would be much better off.

That is why I like my jungle nasus. I can take nearly a full jungle and the dragon in my first pass without going back to base. Possibly gank, bot or mid after dragon. If **** goes wrong with a lane I fall out of jungling and help a lane. That is where 99% of all junglers fail.

IF your solo lane is getting pwned, drop jungling and go help and I don't mean for 5 minutes, I mean stop jungling for the rest of the game, or until your solo lane can go back to managing the lane solo. Your not helping your team at all staying in the jungle. But junglers almost never ever do it, cause OMG they geared for a jungler, they aren't lane preped, which is just a bs excuse to stay in the jungle.

Now on the flip side, I hate when the solo top gets too gutsy, or such, dies and the top tower takes a huge hit, and blames the jungler. That sucks, happens sometimes when im nasus jungling. I usually have dragon by the 6 or 7 minute mark. I'm like um doing everything I can to help team, just netted 190x5 gold for the whole team. 6 minutes in the game, and I'm about to start setting up ganks. Yet that is too long for some people to wait. they yelling need ganks, now and I go um its 5 minutes in you suck that bad? Tower hug you fool.

Hamingston

10-14-2011

This thread again?

So soon?

TiigBitties

10-15-2011

I feel u man its like o i have 4 deaths but i have 10 asists yet im still feeding.

NakedGranny

10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellifal View Post
A problem that I see with your post here is the fact that there is a certain amount of teamwork necessary for a jungler to be successful. If his TEAMMATE Blitz is purposefully making it harder to jungle and level up, not all the blame can be put on him. Second of all, the point of a jungler is NOT to make ganks all the time. It is to allow a second solo lane, in order to get more EXP and more CS (if they're a good solo top). The problem with choosing a solo top is that some solo tops are great 1v1, but can't perform as well in 1v2. And 1v1 will be what it is against any team that knows the meta. A jungler's job is not to gank 24/7... If there's more than 3 camps up in your jungle, the jungler shouldn't be expected to force a gank. If the enemy is overextended (for me, that means anywhere past the half lane line) then sure. I'll ignore the jungle and go for a gank. But don't blame the jungler for not being able to gank, because it's not always their fault.
actually, the point of a jungler is ganks.

solo lane xp was nerfed more than a year ago, and in practice, CS scores are only 10 or 20% higher for the solo laner IF -- and that's a huge if -- they can farm under their own tower. solo laners don't end up more than a single level higher than a duo lane by the time laning ends, so i really do get a kick out of it when people claim that's the major benefit of a jungler. when a lane is overextended, that means you could go there to help push the tower. it's the towers that matter, remember?

ganking is where the gold and xp comes from by having a jungler. it's just not possible to deny that. it's just basic math.

as for "knowing the meta"... are you serious? you don't have to "know the meta" to play the game, and that just makes it so much more delicious when the meta*****s get their asses stomped by a random solo queue team.

keep your precious ~meta~ to yourself.

Markdang

10-18-2011

A feeder in top lane : Why you no gank.
Me : i cant gank if you lost your tower by 7 mins
Feeder : [ALL] GG Noob jungle.

I love my teamates.

George Pataka

10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellifal View Post
A jungler's job is not to gank 24/7... If there's more than 3 camps up in your jungle, the jungler shouldn't be expected to force a gank. If the enemy is overextended (for me, that means anywhere past the half lane line) then sure. I'll ignore the jungle and go for a gank. But don't blame the jungler for not being able to gank, because it's not always their fault.
Although if you are slowly bearly losing bot, their three kills for every two you get, consistently on bot and you continuously ask for a gank while they are at golems or wraiiths and your tower is almost gone at ten minutes...
Sorry had to vent after an udyr refused to gank even once after repeated requests...
His reply, I am doing phoenix stance so I can't gank til seven...

windrixx

Recruiter

10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedGranny View Post
the reason everyone blames the jungler is because he's crippling his team's laning phase just by jungling. it's a gamble your whole team takes on your personal ability to perform.

if you can't gank often enough to keep your lanes from being crushed and secure an advantage for your team, then, sorry, the fact of the matter is that it really is the jungler's fault.

there's nothing guaranteeing that your lanes wouldn't have, in fact, been better with two duo lanes, and jungling is an extremely time sensitive strategy in the first place. it simply does not matter what level you are right now, if the lanes need help, they need help and you're not there to give it -- also known as a waste of a team slot. towers win the match, and keeping those wolves in check does not help you toward that goal. it's a common misconception that junglers actually stay in the jungle. the goal of a jungler is to get out of the jungle as often and as quickly as possible because it's actually a very bad xp/gold income and does still jeopardize your lanes while you're away.

maybe the cold hard truth of the matter doesn't coddle anyone's feelings and won't make you feel better after you've failed miserably at jungling. the truth is -- the truth is -- that when your lanes are suffering because you're in the jungle, it is your fault.

i'm very tired of whiny Warwick noobs trying to shift the blame away from themselves as if they couldn't possibly have done anything wrong ever. don't try to blame the 1v2 lane for suffering -- they're outnumbered! you deliberately ruined their laning phase so you could play Junglewick and have tea with the blue golem. they accepted this fate instead of queue dodging because they were already giving you the benefit of the doubt out of respect for your desire. when they are losing the lane and getting hard denied because they're outnumbered, that is a horrible position to put your teammates in, and yes, it was your fault that they were getting tower dived / Rocket Grabbed and killed. you do realize, i hope, that Warwick can do just fine in lane, as can other junglers.
This is never true. As long as a jungler indicates that he's jungling before the game (and smite is a big, big giveaway), whoever decides to solo top takes responsibility for that lane. In essence, jungling gives your team 3 solo lanes (a good jungler will outlevel mid easily). If top gets pushed down because it's 2v1, then the person who went top failed that lane. A solo top needs to be able to clear waves fast and be naturally tanky, or else they'll lose top tower fast, and it's that person's responsibility to thus pick someone who can do that.

I agree that the jungler should be ganking and ganking often. But sometimes you just get bad teammates (sound familiar NakedGranny?) that are intent on pushing their wave out 24/7 and ganks are impossible because the enemy is staying safe. Those same teammates are the ones going "Y U NO GANK STUPID JUNGLER" as they stay pushed out and sit, easy food, for anyone deciding to gank them. The fact is, in solo queue, it's your own responsibility for your own lane, your own wards, your own minimap (don't ever blame others for lack of mias), and your own enemies in lane.

Stop instalocking, think over your team comp for a sec, and you'll be fine. Oh, and realize that a lot of junglers are played specifically because they suck in lane - Trundle, Amumu, Shaco, etc.

windrixx

Recruiter

10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedGranny View Post
actually, the point of a jungler is ganks.

solo lane xp was nerfed more than a year ago, and in practice, CS scores are only 10 or 20% higher for the solo laner IF -- and that's a huge if -- they can farm under their own tower. solo laners don't end up more than a single level higher than a duo lane by the time laning ends, so i really do get a kick out of it when people claim that's the major benefit of a jungler. when a lane is overextended, that means you could go there to help push the tower. it's the towers that matter, remember?

ganking is where the gold and xp comes from by having a jungler. it's just not possible to deny that. it's just basic math.

as for "knowing the meta"... are you serious? you don't have to "know the meta" to play the game, and that just makes it so much more delicious when the meta*****s get their asses stomped by a random solo queue team.

keep your precious ~meta~ to yourself.
When he says meta he means that it's a good assumption that the other team has at least a jungler.

The fact is, a good solo top that can farm under tower (well-played Nasus, Singed, etc.) not only winds up levels ahead (it's way more than one level assuming they take tele and are tanky enough to survive), but their CS is generally higher than mid's by the "time laning ends", because laning for top ends way later than laning for mid. (see hotshotgg solotop afkfarm)

A fast jungler (Udyr, WW, Olaf, etc.) also levels faster than mid. I've seen this before, numerous times. Sure, mid gets more gold - but having the exp equivalent of 3 solo lanes is worth so much more than having a 2-1-2 lane comp. Ganking's nice (and mandatory to keep pressure when there's an enemy jungler, which there normally is), but a jungler does so much more - the jungler wards due to his mobility, secures early dragons, and gives blue buffs to AP mid, among other things.

Watch some high-elo streams and see how fast the jungler levels. Or even Youtube.

Garlic Prawn

10-20-2011

I was wondering why I stopped playing Amumu, but yesterday I remembered why. If you're the jungler AND the tank, the amount of blame you get is amazing.