Everyone blames the jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ukemi

10-09-2011

So i had a game, where i was playing junglewick and the blitz was trollin. He staarted the game by rocket grabing the golem so i had to walk my happy ass around the wall to kill it and then went mid so there was 2 mid. Then just shouted "Beep BOP" as often and as much as possible in all chat. After about 5 mins into the game i haddent quite hit 6 yet and thhen began the torrent of im dieing you arnt ganking enough blames. We ended up winning, but i was blamed for everything you can imagine. I guess ive always said "everyone blames the jungler" but this just hits it home....

Skumbag Mundo

10-09-2011

I hate jungling in solo que. A lot of top lanes can't hold lane and I ALWAYS have to hold their hand, or bot lane. I don't know why but I've had an extremely large amount of fail bot ******s. I spend more time out of jungle holding my team mates hands then in jungle, and I'm my clan's jungler -_- I can't practice jungling if I can't jungle lol. It's sad and it really is always blamed on the jungler. Most of the time it is just failed laners being insanely aggressive when they should be more passive. Whenever I lane I always sit back and farm and wait for the other team to screw up before I pounce on the kill. I find most solo que players to have downs.

Razikii

10-09-2011

That awkward moment when your team thinks its a good idea not to guard you in your jungle, blue gets stolen, and you get blamed for not ganking enough despite having a really late start jungling.

EzraTwitch

10-11-2011

@ The Welding God

Make your clan read this guide. Then if they keep screwing up whatever lane (during a scrim that is) **** em, let them learn the hard way. (This is not an option in an actual ranked match obviously as you will tank your elo.)

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=4959

LoL Forgot to post the guide the first time XD

Stinglock

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Welding God View Post
I hate jungling in solo que. A lot of top lanes can't hold lane and I ALWAYS have to hold their hand,
Do you ever ASK if anyone can solo top before you lock your jungler?

OR

Do you simply expect the 4 randomly chosen players around your skill level to communicate and decide who's going to solo top? They rarely do.

When called, someone will usually switch for it, vlad it up, jarv hard, or whatever their solo pref is. If they don't I won't force it, because that generally ends up badly.

Yeah junglers they cop alot of ****, but if you spend a bit of lobby time laying down how you play, they get their chance to dodge and you should be able to see easily once the game starts who needs to be added to your ignore list.

Can someone solo top? I want to jungle.

If you push your tower, don't expect a gank.
If they push your tower I'll ping my target in advance.

Also,

First gank at X provided you help me secure blue/red.

Just some ideas to use that should assist in removing the blame or atleast allowing you to easily shift the blame should it be directed at you..

Remember kids, getting a summoner to blow a their summoner spells to escape is only a fail gank if you used yours.

Moo

Recruiter

10-11-2011

Warwick shouldn't be played until your lanes can handle themselves until you hit 6. So, that's not until probably 2100 ELO.

ayamette

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ryce View Post
Warwick shouldn't be played until your lanes can handle themselves until you hit 6. So, that's not until probably 2100 ELO.
Not true, I play at lower elos and have seen amazing solos/duos with a great jungler. However, I tend to see that the jungler and/or team communicates before hand if they spot someone jungling, and call solo top quickly plus play efficiently.

It's all through good communication skils.

Ukemi

10-11-2011

To all, all players should try there best to pick well for the team, if theres no solo top pick it and call it. You should expect to have a jungler. But even pretending that wasnt true, just because your team decided that you were the best solo top, doesnt give you the right to blame the jungler for your deaths. And the jungler cant help you if its 2v1 and you have 100 health... so and and so forth. What you should demand of your jungler: ward at dragon, level equal to duo-lane, buff control. Ganks are just a nice little bonus, not a demand. Your jungler is doing your team the favor of making an extra solo lane.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukemi View Post
So i had a game, where i was playing junglewick and the blitz was trollin. He staarted the game by rocket grabing the golem so i had to walk my happy ass around the wall to kill it and then went mid so there was 2 mid. Then just shouted "Beep BOP" as often and as much as possible in all chat. After about 5 mins into the game i haddent quite hit 6 yet and thhen began the torrent of im dieing you arnt ganking enough blames. We ended up winning, but i was blamed for everything you can imagine. I guess ive always said "everyone blames the jungler" but this just hits it home....
the reason everyone blames the jungler is because he's crippling his team's laning phase just by jungling. it's a gamble your whole team takes on your personal ability to perform.

if you can't gank often enough to keep your lanes from being crushed and secure an advantage for your team, then, sorry, the fact of the matter is that it really is the jungler's fault.

there's nothing guaranteeing that your lanes wouldn't have, in fact, been better with two duo lanes, and jungling is an extremely time sensitive strategy in the first place. it simply does not matter what level you are right now, if the lanes need help, they need help and you're not there to give it -- also known as a waste of a team slot. towers win the match, and keeping those wolves in check does not help you toward that goal. it's a common misconception that junglers actually stay in the jungle. the goal of a jungler is to get out of the jungle as often and as quickly as possible because it's actually a very bad xp/gold income and does still jeopardize your lanes while you're away.

maybe the cold hard truth of the matter doesn't coddle anyone's feelings and won't make you feel better after you've failed miserably at jungling. the truth is -- the truth is -- that when your lanes are suffering because you're in the jungle, it is your fault.

i'm very tired of whiny Warwick noobs trying to shift the blame away from themselves as if they couldn't possibly have done anything wrong ever. don't try to blame the 1v2 lane for suffering -- they're outnumbered! you deliberately ruined their laning phase so you could play Junglewick and have tea with the blue golem. they accepted this fate instead of queue dodging because they were already giving you the benefit of the doubt out of respect for your desire. when they are losing the lane and getting hard denied because they're outnumbered, that is a horrible position to put your teammates in, and yes, it was your fault that they were getting tower dived / Rocket Grabbed and killed. you do realize, i hope, that Warwick can do just fine in lane, as can other junglers.

Cellifal

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedGranny View Post
the reason everyone blames the jungler is because he's crippling his team's laning phase just by jungling. it's a gamble your whole team takes on your personal ability to perform.

if you can't gank often enough to keep your lanes from being crushed and secure an advantage for your team, then, sorry, the fact of the matter is that it really is the jungler's fault.

there's nothing guaranteeing that your lanes wouldn't have, in fact, been better with two duo lanes, and jungling is an extremely time sensitive strategy in the first place. it simply does not matter what level you are right now, if the lanes need help, they need help and you're not there to give it -- also known as a waste of a team slot. towers win the match, and keeping those wolves in check does not help you toward that goal. it's a common misconception that junglers actually stay in the jungle. the goal of a jungler is to get out of the jungle as often and as quickly as possible because it's actually a very bad xp/gold income and does still jeopardize your lanes while you're away.

maybe the cold hard truth of the matter doesn't coddle anyone's feelings and won't make you feel better after you've failed miserably at jungling. the truth is -- the truth is -- that when your lanes are suffering because you're in the jungle, it is your fault.

i'm very tired of whiny Warwick noobs trying to shift the blame away from themselves as if they couldn't possibly have done anything wrong ever. don't try to blame the 1v2 lane for suffering -- they're outnumbered! you deliberately ruined their laning phase so you could play Junglewick and have tea with the blue golem. they accepted this fate instead of queue dodging because they were already giving you the benefit of the doubt out of respect for your desire. when they are losing the lane and getting hard denied because they're outnumbered, that is a horrible position to put your teammates in, and yes, it was your fault that they were getting tower dived / Rocket Grabbed and killed. you do realize, i hope, that Warwick can do just fine in lane, as can other junglers.
A problem that I see with your post here is the fact that there is a certain amount of teamwork necessary for a jungler to be successful. If his TEAMMATE Blitz is purposefully making it harder to jungle and level up, not all the blame can be put on him. Second of all, the point of a jungler is NOT to make ganks all the time. It is to allow a second solo lane, in order to get more EXP and more CS (if they're a good solo top). The problem with choosing a solo top is that some solo tops are great 1v1, but can't perform as well in 1v2. And 1v1 will be what it is against any team that knows the meta. A jungler's job is not to gank 24/7... If there's more than 3 camps up in your jungle, the jungler shouldn't be expected to force a gank. If the enemy is overextended (for me, that means anywhere past the half lane line) then sure. I'll ignore the jungle and go for a gank. But don't blame the jungler for not being able to gank, because it's not always their fault.