The Best Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Astartes UM

04-13-2014

The best advice i can give you: don't waste any money on the game. I solo que random exclusively and after a couple of seasons it's obvious that the system is bogus. If there are so many feeders and otherwise bad players in the game that my team always has one or two, why does the enemy team rarely if ever have the same feeders or otherwise bad players?

Flashback to when Riot rolled out their 1v1 and 2v2 board; every game - no matter what order I banned, I picked first and the opponent was able to counter me - every time. Obviously the game handicaps you if you're really good, and babysits you if you're really bad or not as good as the really good players. Sort of like how they encourage you to stay in a group even if you're smart enough to know you will lose with the team you have. If you dodge the que you're penalized as if the system again supports the very toxic players it says it reforms. What a joke there.

So now the new board is rolled out to once again babysit all the wonderbread sheep who whine and troll because they don't get the lane they want when queing for ranked matches. Another joke. Oh now certain champs are disabled because not enough forethought went into creating the board in the first place. So many jokes at least you get a lot of laughs playing the game - especially reading about the champs Riot has deemed "op" as if they just started playing the game and had no idea. Big joke.

So the best advice I can give new players is to create a second and/or third account to circumvent being penalized for dodging a bad group, because the better you are the greater the odds you will be thrown in with a bad group and facing a group that knows what they're doing. Random would seem to imply there's a 50/50 chance you'll get a good group, but that hasn't happened for me often enough to make sense, or comply with the laws of physics. There is no randomness to that, it's rigged in my opinion. There is not enough integrity in this game to support "pros" and tournaments and championships when there are hackers and advertised services in the chat that claim to be able to rank you up for a fee. Not to mention the players who go afk from the start of the match as if the whole thing was planned and premeditated.

So don't take the game too seriously like a lot of sheep do, and waste your money. Have fun and focus on your stats and doing your personal best, since you have little control over what groups you get in random que, and if you're really good (better than the "pros" even) you'll just get handicapped.

If you do want a gold or platinum frame just make a team. You won't get there by solo queing in ranked matches. Bronze 4 was worse than Bronze 5 and Bronze 3 was worse than Bronze 4 so go figure. I'm happy to stay Bronze 5 honestly, and wish there was a way you could decline to rank up and not have to dodge your promo matches and suffer the time penalty.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-13-2014

Riot is out to get you and only you!

blahahahahaha

04-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdWorstPlayerNA View Post
Riot is out to get you and only you!
haha lol so true

OhBoyItsaMegaman

04-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartes UM View Post
Flashback to when Riot rolled out their 1v1 and 2v2 board; every game - no matter what order I banned, I picked first and the opponent was able to counter me - every time. Obviously the game handicaps you if you're really good, and babysits you if you're really bad or not as good as the really good players.
I remember you.

You made more than one thread about this, back during the Showdown event. You claimed that the game deliberately gave you first pick in that mode which allowed your opponent to counterpick you. At that time, I pointed out that Showdown is a Blind Draft Pick mode. After each player or team does 3 draft bans (which are visible, as usual), the actual champion picks are blind just like a Normal Blind Pick game. You can't see your opponent's pick while you're picking, and they cannot see yours.

Rather than taking 10 seconds to read what people were trying to tell you (or, you know... read the FAQ), you went on believing that Riot is out to get you, and built up the notion that your losses in all game modes are largely Riot's fault for conspiring to put bad players on your team.

Ryuukii

04-13-2014

Um chances are that pretty even that an idiot can appear on either team.

It's 5 slots for at least one idiot appearing on the other team while there's 4 slots for at least one idiot appearing on your team. So that means that getting that messed up player can go either way, and in all the games you've played I'd dare say it was split 50/50

But then again, if you're the idiot, then the idiot would appear 100% on your team. - - just a thought.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuukii View Post
Um chances are that pretty even that an idiot can appear on either team.

It's 5 slots for at least one idiot appearing on the other team while there's 4 slots for at least one idiot appearing on your team. So that means that getting that messed up player can go either way, and in all the games you've played I'd dare say it was split 50/50

But then again, if you're the idiot, then the idiot would appear 100% on your team. - - just a thought.

I second this motion. All in favor? Aye!

SeCKS Egai

04-14-2014

The only reason your teammates are that bad is because you are too. It's that simple. Want better teammates, get better yourself instead of blaming everything else.

krisphung88

04-14-2014

all of these comments don't say anything about how if you were not bronze you probably wouldnt be picking champions that get countered really hard in snowdown especially when you know you're first pick and has happened to you multiple times. #bronzeworldproblems

Ryuukii

04-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisphung88 View Post
if you were not bronze you probably wouldnt be picking champions that get countered
conversely, if you just hit 30, have a champion pool of less than 15, and they have to ban 3,

A lot of people can guess what you're going to play from that since most 1v1 matches don't have a blitzcrank or a taric which would narrow it down even more, etc. etc, another possibility if you have a small champion pool. if that were the case, i would not be surprised if you kept getting countered.

Also, it wouldn't be surprising if you got countered every match by your definition of being countered. The most accepted definition of being countered is another champion who has a skill kit that directly addresses your skill kit's abilities. If you're having a hard time beating them, that doesn't mean that the champion they picked counters yours.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but you are not getting counter picked every game if the person you are facing is simply better than you.

Lagerbaer

04-14-2014

Is he seriously saying that Riot is bad because they didn't carefully balanche champs for an April Fool's mode and thus just disabled Kass, Ryze, Hec and other OP champs? Wow.