Should Riot try a trial Draft Normal queue?

Yes. 54 87.10%
No. 8 12.90%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

New Poll - Normal Draft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

10-08-2011

The last thread was informative, so I'd like to pose a more solid question, would you like Riot to implement a week or so trial splitting the queue into two parts (blind/draft) to collect data?

My theory is that at higher elo where the queue's are already long, everyone would draft anyway to practice for ranked, and lower elos would primarily queue in blind to do whatever they please.

A trial would allow them to test if it would negatively inhibit the community from being able to queue while not permanently crippling the queue.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1332268

Results of the last thread showed there was a lot of support for draft, but the majority of the community still wants blind pick around.

Xin Kaishek

10-08-2011

I support the idea of a heavily publicized trial run lasting 2 weeks-1 month. If it negatively affects the ability to queue, then so be it, it can be dropped. If it ends up that MORE people play TT, which I suspect will happen, then it can be kept, at least until it becomes a problem.

The way to get Riot to take notice of this is the support tickets. That's how we got this forum!

Blue Rude Dude

10-09-2011

TT needs draft mode. They say that queue times will increase but that's stupid, because the only reason people don't play TT is because of how unbalanced it is. They need to implement unique stats for champs and a new map passive for TT but let's be frank, that will never happen. I mean it took Riot over 2 years just to implement a capture point map.

rayoul

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rude Dude View Post
TT needs draft mode. They say that queue times will increase but that's stupid, because the only reason people don't play TT is because of how unbalanced it is.
And this is why this 11 year old kid was hired right away as senior engineer working for riots network programing .... Round of aplause for emo chihuahua over here ... clap clap clap

He knows better than people that have studied longuer than his whole lifetime how managing servers work ......

Its a car, no its a plane

NO, its a emo chihuahua ..... * sighhhh

infinite azure

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoul View Post
And this is why this 11 year old kid was hired right away as senior engineer working for riots network programing .... Round of aplause for emo chihuahua over here ... clap clap clap

He knows better than people that have studied longuer than his whole lifetime how managing servers work ......

Its a car, no its a plane

NO, its a emo chihuahua ..... * sighhhh
err it's never really been about the server, it's been about queue time due to there being so few people playing 3s.

He was saying adding draft normal would cause more people to play, and the notion of not wanting to increase queue times was mislead because draft normals would add new players to the queue to compensate for splitting players in the decision between draft and blind.

DrHemroid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2011

8/8 doctors agree, they should try this.

Xin Kaishek

10-09-2011

So far 11 and 0.

Cheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2011

I voted no, simply because I wanted to be unique.

infinite azure

10-10-2011

bump - tryin to get lots of votes to send to riot.

infinite azure

10-14-2011

bump