Love for Hybrid Sion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Start yourself with RoA, Atma's, Hextech or Rylai.

But beyond anything, why is Sion so unpopular? He has excellent accent, pretty awesome spell sprites (with exception of Cryptic Gaze. That NEEDS an overhaul), great utility, and awesome scaling.

theplqa

10-08-2011

I honestly can't remember why Sion is so unpopular.Maybe it is because he is outshined by other champs that do the same thing?

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplqa View Post
I honestly can't remember why Sion is so unpopular.Maybe it is because he is outshined by other champs that do the same thing?
Initially it was the massive mana cost of his stun and low base MS. Both have been buffed now, even though stun duration is nerfed at early level, but he never actually caught on again.

Frankly, I can't quite imagine that many other champs that can grow to be quite as terrifying as him. He has passive HP growth (one of the factor which makes Jax so famous), damage block (mini Pantheon shield, which had caused incredible amount of woe), spammable shield that also hurt people (Leona's strong point), ranged stun (Taric's main draw point), not to mention a myriad of other excellent features, like AoE life steal-heal thingamajig.

The only thing he lacks is a headbutt animation for his crits.

theplqa

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
Frankly, I can't quite imagine that many other champs that can grow to be quite as terrifying as him. He has passive HP growth (one of the factor which makes Jax so famous), damage block (mini Pantheon shield, which had caused incredible amount of woe), spammable shield that also hurt people (Leona's strong point), ranged stun (Taric's main draw point), not to mention a myriad of other excellent features, like AoE life steal-heal thingamajig.
Maybe he's just an undiscovered treasure like Morgana used to be.

Oh and on the Jax thing his passive is over rated.It only gives him the ability to be a Tanky ,something the other Tanky DPSers already have so all it serves is screwing with his early game.What really makes Jax powerful is how well his ultimate scales from level to level.Goes from a measly 6% to an ok 10% to a whopping 14%.Sorry about going offtopic here but I just needed to say that considering Jax is my main.

Xocolatl

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplqa View Post
Maybe he's just an undiscovered treasure like Morgana used to be.

Oh and on the Jax thing his passive is over rated.It only gives him the ability to be a Tanky ,something the other Tanky DPSers already have so all it serves is screwing with his early game.What really makes Jax powerful is how well his ultimate scales from level to level.Goes from a measly 6% to an ok 10% to a whopping 14%.Sorry about going offtopic here but I just needed to say that considering Jax is my main.
As someone who has seen Jax in his old iteration (extra AD%), I know that his ult is meant to make it so that he never have to buy survivability items. It means that his only gold sink is getting damage items, which is a big deal. Sion is the same in that regards--he can invest his gold into his core build without having to worry about survivability.

theplqa

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
As someone who has seen Jax in his old iteration (extra AD%), I know that his ult is meant to make it so that he never have to buy survivability items. It means that his only gold sink is getting damage items, which is a big deal. Sion is the same in that regards--he can invest his gold into his core build without having to worry about survivability.
As long as you farm.Which might not always be possible.But if you build a bit of AP you can clear out waves easily so maybe Hybrid would be good in that regard.

Addison16

10-09-2011

I usually only buy a lich bane for my hybrid damage. You q, hit, and blow your shield at start, then when they start hitting you, so use your ult to proc your lich bane and get healed in a nice burst while you wait for you cooldowns. Combined with his passive hp it makes him a rather hard to kill mage. I sometimes get hextech for my 6th item, but that's about it.

Oh, and i would be took scared to get a RoA or rylai's, since it would put him way too high on hp (>3.5k). Two doran rings is all ya need, then get mr/armor if you need survivability.

Cenerae

10-09-2011

Sion's problems are, that as a caster, half his damage can be mitigated by bashing through his shield - most champs can do this mid-late game. And as a melee, he is very easily kited.

He's not a bad pick by any means, but he can be underwhelming when counter measures are taken.

OwnedYew

10-09-2011

I like how you consider his awesome accent as a reason to play him.