Veigar x Soraka bottom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ablogqwer

10-05-2012

I have, personally, played veigar many times middle; and again and again I have ran into a fundamental problem (that I think plagues most squishy, long-range artillery ap carries).

You are far too easily decimated by more popular and more mobile mids. Ahri, katrina, kassadrin... the list goes on. Over and over again I see this problem; you cannot farm without being harassed.

"But they're always close-range! Just nuke and stun. You always have a nuke and a stun." This is a valid point, especially if you were a better player than I.

BUT with Veigar this becomes exaggerated; you need your q and mana to farm up ap, and have absolutely no durability (terrible health, regen, armor, and magic resist). Further, your stun is a somewhat complicated skill shot that can be teleported out of or through (due to lag) and a single set of merc treads can ruin your day.

So I looked to another solution, that I tried: Soraka and Veigar bottom. Not only is the lack of mana overcome, but soraka's q reduces magic resist, with a heal for the love. With mana ceasing to be a problem and freely able to spot (and nuke) bushes with my W...

There was also the point the ranged carry would die instantly by the time I got my ultimate.

This was tried against an Ezereal and Blitz bottom. It worked astoundingly. I'd like other people to give it a try and see what happens.

NullAurelian

10-05-2012

just a heads up - there is an older thread here that mentions this. Not critiquing, just passing on some information.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

No.

Veigar: Weak early game, you will get zone out by good AD carry
Soraka: Passive sustain support, but you will not have enough sustain at early level to overcome two aggressive players.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
No.

Soraka: Passive sustain support, but you will not have enough sustain at early level to overcome two aggressive players.
Except ADC have the weakest early games of any other role. That's why they are taken bottom.

I say it's a sound idea. Veigar is identical to any ADC in the game, with the single exception that he deals magic damage, instead of physical damage. All he needs is a place to farm is Q for the first 30 minutes of the game, and then he can instagib anyone. Just like an ADC.

Epictues

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
No.

so ad carries have much stronger early games and can zone out AP carries easily?

I think you are confused.

Im guessing this probably isnt done so much because AD carries rely on items for effectiveness, more so than AP carries, or top laners. While apprently AP carries want items and levels, so AP carries are given their own lane, while AD carries share a lane with the support.

but if it works for you, keep at it

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

10-07-2012

You're missing out on his potential to stun gank with his e.
People will just build magic resistance and veigar suddenly becomes useless outside of his E.
You'll still lose to a Taric/Graves, Caitlyn, Blitzcrank, basically, any agressive kill lane,

Sending your Ad mid is a bad idea, since he wastes the spot by not benefiting from blue at its fullest , and exposing himself to an aggressive AP carry.