Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ladon, the All-Consuming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementSteel

10-24-2011

I was actually thinking like a literal ripping apart animation for it with more than one head. What I don't understand is how is it so overpowered, yet Nunu technically does the same thing at an even better rate? Only true damage is applied when there's more than one head, the physical damage is only the first head alone. If anything, I feel I should actually make it stronger or at least faster honestly.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean for Intimidation. Like have the passive replace that?

Cone attack would make it near impossible to hit I'd think. I don't see why it's odd for the heads to attack at once like that.

Oi, Heracles had help!

FrostyTheDragon

10-24-2011

Quote:
ElementSteel:
I was actually thinking like a literal ripping apart animation for it with more than one head. What I don't understand is how is it so overpowered, yet Nunu technically does the same thing at an even better rate? Only true damage is applied when there's more than one head, the physical damage is only the first head alone. If anything, I feel I should actually make it stronger or at least faster honestly.

Why is random chance so bad? I never hear people complain about it with Phage and that basically does the same thing! What's so wrong with random chance?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean for Intimidation. Like have the passive replace that?

Cone attack would make it near impossible to hit I'd think. I don't see why it's odd for the heads to attack at once like that.

Oi, Heracles had help!

In regards to the Q ability - counterpoint accepted. I guess my point is it was too specialized, but referencing an existing champion that had something equally specialized solves that dilemma.

The issue with random chance is within the champion itself. In this case, you've given the hydra a chance for all those effects to activate at once - which is right around impossible to balance relative to other champions. It's hard enough balancing dodge chance in the case of Jax and Sivir. If you want to cover for this one, make the head effects mutually exclusive - and to the more hardcore players, even that may be a hard sell because so many effects are involved.

What I mean for replacing Intimidation with the ability I mentioned is to ditch the passive entirely, and have the active (the murderous glare) be the ability for when Ladon has only one head (or in the case of a selector system, have it be the one that's always available).

The issue I have with all the heads attacking at once? Space. Unless the hydra's heads are exceptionally narrow, they'll crowd each other out unless the target is huge (hence my referencing the Baron). The sole reason I refused to submit to game logic in this situation is because the problem would become close to universal with more than 3-4 heads unless you solve it some other way (such as the aforementioned head shape).

As for the circumstances of the myth... while I will concede that Heracles had help, Iolaus' main job appeared, at least from the source I'm reading, to be just preventing the hydra from recovering. (In fact, the notion that Heracles had help is important because it becomes part of an attempt to resolve just how MANY labors Heracles had.)

ElementSteel

10-24-2011

Alright, I guess I could make it so the effects don't randomly work. Maybe something like TF's Pick a Card could work actually, sending in one head to do damage at a time and do its effect, with the original head only able to glare.

...Did Disney's Hercules have the hydra get itself tied up in its heads? I can't remember. The way I was envisioning the animation to work for the ult is that each head attacks one at a time, but very very quickly. The heads would be narrow enough for this to be effectively fast, I feel.

ElementSteel

01-30-2013

Let's get the movable feast going.