Ladon, the All-Consuming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Ladon, the All-Consuming

Passive: Ever Growing: (Innate) For every kill, Ladon gains a Growth stack, gaining 2 stacks per champion kill. When Ladon gains 10 Growth Stacks, he gains a Head Stack, adding onto the in-game model while granting a bonus 5% attack speed, attack damage, health per head, as well as a new effect for Head Hunt. Ladon can have up to 7 head stacks. When Ladon dies, he loses all Growth and and half of his Head Stacks (rounded up).

Q: Rip Apart: Bites at and deals physical damage to target enemy. If the target is not a champion, true damage is dealt. As Ladon gains more heads, his damage multiplies.

Quote:
Cost: 50 mana
Range: 175
Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 seconds
Physical Damage: 40/50/60/70/80 (+.3 per bonus attack damage)
True Damage: 150/175/200/225/250
Head Damage Multiplier: *(1/1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5/4)
W: Shockwave: Ladon jumps and crashes back down, causing a shockwave that deals magic damage and stuns enemies in radius for 1 second.
Quote:
Radius of AoE: 400
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
Magic Damage: 70/90/110/130/150 (+.5 per ability power)
E: Head Hunt: Depending on the number of heads Ladon has, a different ability can be activated by cycling to it.
1 head only: Ladon glares murderously at target enemy, causing them to lose armor and magic resist for 5 seconds.
2nd head: Ladon's next basic attack burns target for 5 seconds.
3rd head: Ladon's next basic attack slows target for 5 seconds.
4th head: Ladon causes a chain lightning effect with his next basic attack, dealing magic damage to multiple targets.
5th head: Ladon pushes back enemies with wind in a small radius.
6th head: Ladon causes an earthquake, dealing magic damage in a small radius.
7th head: Ladon's next basic attack heals Ladon by a percentage of damage dealt.
Quote:
Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 mana
Cooldown: 30/29/28/27/26 seconds
Range: 450
Area of Effect: 300
Armor and Magic Resist Reduction: 15/20/25/30/35
Magic Damage per Second (burn): 5/10/15/20/25 (+.3 AP)
Slow: 25/30/35/40/45 %
Magic Damage (lightning): 50/60/70/80/90 (+.4 AP)
Magic Damage (earthquake): 100/110/120/130/140 (+.4 AP)
Damage to Heal Ratio: 60/70/80/90/100%
R: Ironspike Heritage: Ladon attacks with all his heads, dealing physical damage to a single target.
Quote:
Cost: 100/125/150 mana
Cooldown: 60/55/50 seconds
Range: 125
Physical Damage: Number of Heads * .5/.75/1.0 per AD
Quote:
Health: 450 (+100)
Mana: 200 (+50)
Attack Damage: 52 (+3)
Attack Speed: 0.600 (+2%)
Range: 150
Health Regen: 8 (+.75)
Mana Regen: 5 (+.8)
Armor: 25 (+2)
Magic Resist: 35
Mov. Speed: 310

Tags: Melee, Carry, Jungler
Quotes
Upon Selection:
- Their flesh…I shall feast upon.
Movement/Attacking:
- Mere specks to be my prey.
- The hunger drives me.
- Bring on the main course!
- Delectable morsels.
Taunt:
- Gonna eat you up!
Joke:
- And here I was expecting the gourmet flesh.
Ultimate:
- Know the power of Ironspike!
- Rip! Gnash!
- *Roar*
Dance: Swings heads in air like he just doesn’t care.

Skins:
Classic Ladon: Typical hydra form and is a bluish-green color.
Hextech Ladon: Lower body replaced with wheels. Initial head is robotic. Grown heads are normal.
Towering Ladon: Head structure is a spined shell, with no eyes seen. Tail is spiked and the body is heavily armored.
Kaiju Monster Ladon: Large vestigial wings, scales are all golden, two tails.

Lore:
The Ironspikes Mountains are home to many myths. Creatures thought to be exotic or unique call this range their home. Beasts of wing and scale are among the few that reside here. One grounded animal however is considered king, showing its power by devouring those weaker than it. The great Ladon shows his superiority by making a show out of its strength, intimidating just about everything that lives on the Mountains. However, for some reason, it had decided to climb down, to investigate the League of Legends. Some believe it is to show its power to the warring nations. Others believe it is just so it may eat more. Whatever the case may be, Ladon consumes all that gets in his way.

----------------------

More concepts found at ElementSteel's Arsenal

Henebethoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Way to much true damage because of cdr items runes and masteries thats going to destroy any champion
500 should be the max amount and that is most likely pushing it.

ElementSteel

10-09-2011

Even though it can only be used on minions?

Forrestal

10-13-2011

I like him.... Except that he has exactly one damaging player ability.
it's a bit like nunu without nunu's ult lol...

give his ulti an active.

Phoneixflare

10-13-2011

i think the passive is a really cool idea. the growing heads is awesome, plus I'm a fan of greek mythology, so the name Ladon is cool.

i agree with Forrestal, his ult needs to have an active, otherwise people would be unhappy with just three abilities where only two are damaging, whereas almost everyone else in the game has 4 with just as many passives. Also try adding some passives, like a reduced atk speed aura(he is intimidating...right? i wouldnt want to attack something with 7 heads.) onto the E move because then he would seem more fun and more potentially synergistic.

Footie 117

10-15-2011

im loving this champ idea however i think that having to farm 70 minions then die and have to restart all over again is just too much maybe have him like chos ulti and when he dies he loses a third of the stacks that way one death dosent shut you down for half the game

Obstraction

10-15-2011

This guy seems overpowered as ****... I'm checking ALISTARS Stats.
Damage 55.03 (+3.62 / per level)
Health 442 (+102 / per level)
Mana 215 (+38 / per level)
Move Speed 305
Armor 14.5 (+3.5 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 1.45 (+0.17 / per level)
Mana Regen 1.29 (+0.09 / per level)

And Ladon has more health and MASSIVE Regen...AND Armors

ElementSteel

10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obstraction View Post
And Ladon has more health and MASSIVE Regen...AND Armors
Notice Ladon doesn't get as much per level though.

TOXIC TAPEWORM

10-20-2011

Passive: Ever Growing: (Innate) For every minion kill, Ladon gains a Growth stack. When Ladon gains 10 Growth Stacks, he gains a Head Stack, adding onto the in-game model while granting bonus attack speed and a new on-hit effect:
2nd head: Adds a chance to burn.
3rd head: Adds a chance to slow.
4th head: Adds a chance to cause a chain lightning effect, dealing magic damage to multiple targets.
5th head: Adds a chance to push back enemies with wind in a small radius.
6th head: Adds a chance to cause an earthquake, dealing magic damage in a small radius.
7th head: Adds a chance to heal Ladon by a percentage of damage dealt.
When Ladon dies, he loses all Growth and and half of his Head Stacks (rounded down).
(Chances start out very low, like a 5% chance of them activating.)

Q: Rip Apart: Bites at and deals physical damage to target minion or monster. If Ladon has more than one head, true damage is dealt.
(Main farming tool.)
Cost: 50 mana
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds
Physical Damage: 40/50/60/70/80 (+.3 per bonus attack damage)
True Damage: 300/350/400/450/500

W: Shockwave: Ladon jumps and crashes back down, causing a shockwave that deals magic damage and stuns enemies in radius for 1 second.
(Can initiate with or just zone.)
Radius of AoE: 400
Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
Magic Damage: 70/90/110/130/150 (+.5 per ability power)

E: Intimidation: (Passive) When Ladon has 7 heads, he strikes fear into the heart of his enemies when they see him, reducing their attack speed.
Attack Speed Reduction: 10/15/20/25/30 %
(Only works if Ladon is within the sight radius of enemy units.)

(Active) Ladon glares murderously at target enemy, causing them to lose armor and magic resist for 5 seconds.
(Good for teamfights.)
Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 mana
Cooldown: 30/29/28/27/26 seconds
Range: 450
Armor and Magic Resist Reduction: 15/20/25/30/35

R: Ironspike Heritage: (Passive) Increases the chance of effects of Ever Growing significantly.
(What makes passive better, caps at 20% chance of effect activation.)
Chance Increase: + 5/10/15 %

(Active) Ladon attacks with all his heads, dealing physical damage to a single target.
Cost: 100/125/150 mana
Cooldown: 60/55/50 seconds
Physical Damage: Number of Heads * 1.0 AD
(While yes, that could potentially be tons of damage, it would take some work to be able to get the max amount of heads to be able to hurt that much.)

Although i am intrigued by Ladon, I am struglling with his purpose here...He severely lacks laning capability and truly is a jungler. Besides that brings me directly to my main point here. To get to seven heads you only need 80 minion kills. I have easily reachedso for Ladon its run the jungle with wriggles and buy a Sword of the Occult as soon as possible. The jump in a lane for a gank and single target nuke and get the heck out withflash and ghost. He is ****** powerful but too weak overall to do anything until he has stacks. if you try to build him traditionally with IE and BF sword items you will more than likely die and never have any effects avaialable.

Also, What kind of damage do these effects have. For instance % health over time, can they proc together or does one over state the other once you have it? it does say add...but consider there are 7 different effects. Humore me here....i have managed to jungle farm my seven stacks with the first part of my bloodrazor (not madreds just the 1k item) up until level 10 my chances are slim to none that i will have more than one effect activate. However at level 11my percentile chance of an effect happening is now greater than that of my base chances for each individual ability individually. 1/7 is about 14% chance so on any one individual attack I have a 14% chance to have any one of these abilities proc. Aadditionally i turn on my ult and now the math gets astounding.

now i would like it noted that they will always have a 14% chance each and may proc (as it stands now) together at random....imagine the random all 7 proc. Besides that once I have hit 16 the power here is astounding. Just reason here, 7 passive dmg abilities each with a 20% individual chance of proc'ing.

And in addition to that lets assume you have all seven heads and 300 dmg...totally feasible you pop your ult and one shot almost anyone with 2100 dmg in a single spell. I know its really your only spell but you still have to have items to do this. in which case you still stand a good chance in most fights assuming you dont build like a ******.

Besides all that i really do like the concept. I personally would recommend removing the passive boosts from the head stacks, slightly increase his cd on q (only a second or two), E is good reduce Cd by 5 sec at all levels, W is good but change to AD, R needs to have a CD more like 130/110/90 sec.

I knwo its my opinion but balance has to be considered

FrostyTheDragon

10-24-2011

Hmmm... I think I'll delay a bit on discussing the passive and start right up with the Q ability.

Q - Restricted to minions or monsters? And then have significant true damage if he has even one extra head? The huge restriction makes this very underpowered but the true damage makes it too powerful in its designated role. I would instead suggest a "bite in sequence" attack that can target anything and deals a base amount of physical damage, plus extra physical damage for each extra head, over a period of time related to the number of heads he's acquired.

W - I think it's fine.

Before I go on with the standard abilities I'll touch on the passive now. The idea of a buildup to full power is fine, but random chance for all those abilities is a BAD idea. Instead, I'd honestly suggest building up small amounts of attack damage, ability power, and health for each extra head. This might turn him into a bit of a carry, though.

E - I'd actually suggest throwing this right out. Instead, THIS would be the time to use the abilities of those extra heads, and have the stare that's used as the active for this one be the default ability. Have the ability outright change depending on how many heads are available, though, rather than leave it to chance. (If you'd rather have selectability, I'm going to currently recommend having a selector akin to Twisted Fate's until I can come up with something better.) Because of the broad range of abilities this would grant, leave the cooldown as is.

R - Have the passive of this amplify the power of the champion's overall passive, still (taking into account my rewrite of course). For the active... attacking with all heads at once works well I think, except this should be a cone attack (because honestly, good luck accomplishing seven bites together at once on one single creature, unless the target's something like the Baron). THIS is where you'd implement the true damage to minions and monsters a la Cho'Gath, based on extra heads alone (I'd say 50/75/100 true damage per extra head to each minion or monster). The only risk being, of course, the huge amount of true damage you're dealing to large minion waves late-game.

Ultimately, I see a hydra as a creature that could readily fight multiple targets at once (ignoring the fact that the original was put out of commission by a single person in the myths), and I just don't get that impression from what you put up.