Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Brimstone, the Winged Myth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementSteel

10-08-2011

Brimstone, the Winged Myth

Passive: Instinctual Freedom: (Innate) Whenever Brimstone is CC’d, he takes 5 (+ 1.11 per level) % reduced damage and deals 35 magic damage per second in an AoE radius.

Q: Flame Jet: Brimstone spits out a narrow cone of fire, dealing magic damage and causing targets to become burnt.

Quote:
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Range: 700
Cone Width: ~30º
Cost: 90/95/100/105/110 mana
Magic Damage: 90/100/110/120/130 (+.6 per ability power)
Magic Damage per Second: 15/30/45/60/75 (+.3 per ability power)

W: Grand Gust: Brimstone flaps his wings, forcing enemies who are in front of him to be knocked back far toward the end of the gust. If targets are knocked into a wall, they will be stunned for 1 second.
Quote:
Cooldown: 28/26/24/22/20 seconds
Cost: 95/105/115/125/135 mana
Range: 1000

E: Scaled Bind: Brimstone wraps his tail around an enemy target, swinging them around to deal physical damage and letting them loose in direction chosen after targeting.
Quote:
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Range: 125
Tossing distance: 200
Cost: 90/100/110/120/130 mana
Physical Damage: 75/80/85/90/95 (+.85 per bonus attack damage)

R: Flight of the Wyvern: (Toggle) Brimstone takes flight, gaining increased movement speed and causing terrain to be completely passable to him while also being immune to melee attacks or skills. Will swoop and attack for physical damage when activated again. While flying, Brimstone can be seen by the enemy team in Fog of War.
Quote:
Physical Damage: 100/200/300 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage)
Cost: 20/25/30 mana per second

Quote:
Health: 450 (+60)
Mana: 240 (+45)
Attack Damage: 60 (+3.4)
Attack Speed: 0.625 (+4%)
Range: 130
Health Regen: 6 (+.75)
Mana Regen: 5 (+ .5)
Armor: 20 (+2.5)
Magic Resist: 30
Mov. Speed: 310

Tags: Melee, Bruiser

Quotes:
Upon Selection:
- My fire and wing are your's, human.

[Movements and attacks will be like snarls, growls, and roars]

Taunt:
- Extends wings out in an attempt to intimidate.
Joke:
- Stomps around like Rodan.

Dance: Stomps around wildly, swishing tail everywhere.

Skins:
Classic Brimstone: Standard wyvern, coloured white, brown, and silver.
Fire and Brimstone: Palette swap into red and black, with fire particles.
Malicious Brimstone: Skeletal skin. Similar to Maledict from Doom 3 Expansion.
Kaiju Monster Brimstone: Spiked abdomen with beak-shaped snout.
Vorpal Brimstone: Jabberwock skin.

Story:
Inside of the grandeur of the Ironspike Mountains are the even more majestic creatures called the Wyverns. As a species of dragons, they were often spotted flying high over their rocky home. Amongst the Wyverns was youngling who was called Smallwing by his peers because he hadn’t earned a proper name yet. When it came time for him to earn his adult name, he was assigned to take a human from a village to be eaten since they were considered delectable treats. Excited, he winged his way over to the nearest village. He had never hunted human before and never eaten one, either. Upon arriving at the village he flew over a field where humans were toiling beneath the sun. Diving down Smallwing grabbed one of the workers in his talons. The man writhed in his grasp and tried to break free and made most curious sounds. Smallwing flew to a plain that was in the vicinity and set his captive down, curious of what the human would do. He held the man close with him for days, telling himself that when his curiosity was quenched he would bring the human back to the mountains. To Smallwing’s amazement, he began to comprehend what the human was saying through the bond that Smallwing had unconsciously generated with a Wyvern’s natural magic. When the dragon began to speak to him, the human was surprised at the “beast’s” intelligence and curiosity. Eventually Smallwing got to the point where he couldn’t bear to see his newfound friend eaten and brought him back to the human village. He was regarded as a curiosity, a wonder, for who before had seen a gentled dragon? He stayed with the humans for a couple days before going back home. When he got back to the Ironspike Mountains other dragons wondered why he reeked of human but hadn’t brought one back. He confessed that he didn’t have the heart to do so after seeing that the humans were a sentient and he made friends with some. This incited the other dragons’ anger and they drove Smallwing out of the Ironspike Mountains and declared him banished without a real name. The young Wyvern flew away in despair and tried to find solace amongst humans. He was accepted, and given a proper name: Brimstone. He was called this for his temper was solid yet sometimes like a fire: sometimes warm and pleasant but other times heated and scorching. However, after the initial wonderment was over, he was looked at uneasily and as if he was a vicious animal whose anger could break free at any moment. Brimstone began to look for some place that he could belong in. He found the League of Legends, a place where he could fight to help humans in need. Brimstone offered his services to the league and to this day he fights in the league, both to fit in with the humans and to show the Wyverns that he is a true, courageous dragon.

“Humans! They treat you and each other like sharp, brittle eggshells.” -Brimstone

[Lore credit goes to DeepWater Dragon. Thanks a lot man. ]

----------------------

More concepts found at ElementSteel's Arsenal (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3054125)

reaper1103

10-08-2011

yay for a dragon so bump

iAmNickurs

10-21-2011

This would be a really cool character, but to me, his normal spells seem weak, but his ult seems op. can he fly over walls in ultimate mode?

ElementSteel

10-21-2011

Terrain means nothing to him while he's in flight. And how are his spells weak? One's straight damage, one's straight repositioning, and the last is a combination of both.

MajorSaurus

10-25-2011

I like this champ idea. I can see great potential in the swoop and gust support technique. Good job

XDrakkir

10-25-2011

Really like this champ. Like to see him in-game.

DarkPercy

10-26-2011

Your guy deals alot of physical damage, he scales with AD pretty well. He has only one weak damage ability that deals magic damage and it has a poor AP ratio, yet you recommend AP and Magic Penetration on him XD? Other that the concept is Epic :P

Bananas de Fire

10-26-2011

Brimstone, as in the vampire drake from whatever book series it is? the dragons rage i believe? lol, good concept though, can't belive Riot hasnt made a dragon champ yet

oh, lol, its year of rogue dragons, good series

Bliztron

04-29-2012

um...

Quote:
Health: 450 (+60)
Mana: 200 (+40)

Good starting health, but mana seems a little low. Up it a tiny bit, probally around 240 (+45)

Quote:
Health Regen: 6 (+.75)
Mana Regen: 5 (+ .5)

Flat generation. makes it simple and easy to say it looks good.

Quote:
Armor: 20 (+2.5)
Magic Resist: 30

I have no problems with this as long as you keep the armor per level low like that.

Quote:
Attack Damage: 60 (+5)
Attack Speed: 0.625 (+4%)

This has some pretty strong flaws. Garen has the strongest attack damage in the game and he has 57.66 (+3). You are effectively outranging any champion with this damage. Reduce this ALOT, since I'm pretty sure this guy is like a tank. Bring it to ~ 52 (+2.2) and it should be fine.

The Attack speed has a very large scaling per level. It is VERY high, and should be reduced to ~ +1.5% per level. Do that and it'll be fine.

Quote:
Mov. Speed: 330
Range: 130

To most people, the range would seem weird, but 130 is Cho'gath's range so I assume Brimstone will be quit large.

This movement speed is WAY to large. The fastest champion in the game is Yi and he has 325. If he is meant to be a very fast champion, at least reduce it to Yi's. If not, reduce it to about 310.

So far, only the offensive stats seemed unbalanced. Now let's move into the abilities

Quote:
Passive: Instinctual Freedom: (Innate) Whenever Brimstone is CC’d, he takes 5 (+ 1.11 per level) % reduced damage and deals 35 magic damage per second in an AoE radius.
(A different form of CC reaction.)

I really like the mechanic behind this. It gives Brimstone a nice tanky feeling that maks him not horrible while CC'd The biggest problem, I see with this is how STRONG it would be early game, and how WEAK it would be late game. I suggest lowering it a bit early on and add a ratio of some sort, likely AP. A (+.5 AP) would be a perfect addittion to 20 base damage.

Quote:
Q: Flame Jet: Brimstone spits out a narrow cone of fire, dealing 90/100/110/120/130 (+.6 per ability power) magic damage and causing targets to become burnt.
(Similar to Annie's cone, but will be longer and narrower and have a Brand passive effect.)
Range: 700
Cone Width: ~30º
Cost: 100/105/110/115/120 mana

Seems ok but it is kinda confusing. You didn't include what the burn DOES, onlty that it is like Brand's passive. I suggest it deals a considerable amount od damage over 2 sec. This would make for a fun ability with good harass. Another major problem is the intense mana costs on this champion. I would greatly lower it to ~ 80/100/120/140/160 cost

Quote:
W: Grand Gust: Brimstone flaps his wings, forcing enemies who are in front of him to be knocked back far toward the end of the gust. If targets are knocked into a wall, they will be stunned.
(CC to to harrass or set up kills.)
Cooldown: 28/26/24/22/20 seconds
Cost: 115/125/135/145/155 mana
Range: 1000

Another nice tank ability, but with 2 major problems. The CD is, honestly, horrid. It is so large you would get 1 cast per event, which is very bad. I would make the CD be something like this: 18/17/16/15/14. This way it is better in team fights and has usability in lane. The other big problem is that the mana cost is scary. Reduce it to like I told you on the 1st ability. Also, reduce the range to ~750.

Quote:
E: Scaled Constriction: Brimstone wraps his tail around an enemy target, swinging them around to deal physical damage and letting them loose 45 degrees to the left.
(Decent damage dealer and repositioner.)
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Range: 125
Tossing distance: 200
Cost: 90/100/110/120/130 mana
Physical Damage: 75/80/85/90/95 (+.85 per bonus attack damage)

This is pretty cool, but I think you should have the option to aim the toss. Other than that, it should scale better and cost a little less at base but scale to a little more

Quote:
R: Flight of the Wyvern: Brimstone takes flight moving in a straight line, gaining increased movement speed and causing terrain to be completely passable to him. Will swoop and attack for physical damage when activated again. While flying, Brimstone can be seen by the enemy team in Fog of War and cannot be targeted by non-ranged attacks or skills.
(Can be a mode of movement or used to trick enemies since Brimstone will be seen.)
Physical Damage: 100/200/300 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage)

I don't quite understand this. I would like a better explanation

Overall

It needs some big tweaks, but I can see a deinite potential of a harrassing tank in there.

ElementSteel

04-30-2012

Quote:
Bliztron:
um...

Good starting health, but mana seems a little low. Up it a tiny bit, probally around 240 (+45)
Alrighty

This has some pretty strong flaws. Garen has the strongest attack damage in the game and he has 57.66 (+3). You are effectively outranging any champion with this damage. Reduce this ALOT, since I'm pretty sure this guy is like a tank. Bring it to ~ 52 (+2.2) and it should be fine.
Taric and Maokai have the strongest base AD at 58. I don't think a giant scaly fire-breather would make sense if he wasn't physically strong. I don't mind reducing the scaling though.

To most people, the range would seem weird, but 130 is Cho'gath's range so I assume Brimstone will be quit large.
Oh yeah, like maybe...2 stacks of ChoCho?

This movement speed is WAY to large. The fastest champion in the game is Yi and he has 325. If he is meant to be a very fast champion, at least reduce it to Yi's. If not, reduce it to about 310.
Brimstone flies. He's meant to be one of the fastest things alive. (Don't get me started on Anivia or Corki, please...) I'll bring it down to their level though.

I really like the mechanic behind this. It gives Brimstone a nice tanky feeling that maks him not horrible while CC'd The biggest problem, I see with this is how STRONG it would be early game, and how WEAK it would be late game. I suggest lowering it a bit early on and add a ratio of some sort, likely AP. A (+.5 AP) would be a perfect addittion to 20 base damage.
k

Seems ok but it is kinda confusing. You didn't include what the burn DOES, onlty that it is like Brand's passive. I suggest it deals a considerable amount od damage over 2 sec. This would make for a fun ability with good harass. Another major problem is the intense mana costs on this champion. I would greatly lower it to ~ 80/100/120/140/160 cost
Can't believe I've forgotten to do that...Will fix.

Another nice tank ability, but with 2 major problems. The CD is, honestly, horrid. It is so large you would get 1 cast per event, which is very bad. I would make the CD be something like this: 18/17/16/15/14. This way it is better in team fights and has usability in lane. The other big problem is that the mana cost is scary. Reduce it to like I told you on the 1st ability. Also, reduce the range to ~750.
I'd rather not reduce the range, but I'll do the other things.

This is pretty cool, but I think you should have the option to aim the toss. Other than that, it should scale better and cost a little less at base but scale to a little more
K, I'll make it like a skillshot, a click immediately after choosing a target.

I don't quite understand this. I would like a better explanation
Brimstone flies where he pleases. Terrain does not get in his way. There is no control over the flight though, so he only goes in a straight line. I guess you could call it a sort of mobile Zhonya's...but the fact that people can easily see him coming balanced that.

I r Proud. I r Mighty.