Why do people insist on ganking bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mrrunningbear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Why? Especially after they were afk for 30 seconds, it would be a disadvantage for them to gank

mrrunningbear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

bump

Aknuar

10-08-2011

I posted something on another forum today about this. They're stupid, plain and simple. The only time it may be good is if you have an amazingly strong early team, and the enemy overextends. That's really it. I refuse to gank bot now, as it has almost NEVER been a viable strategy in the games I've played.

Example in my first game today:

Our team:

Urgot (me)
Fiddlesticks
Cho'Gath

Their team:

Vayne
Rumble
Caitlyn

First thing I do is go top, and say 'watch for gank'. First thing they do is check the bush, someone is there! One dies. "Don't you know everyone goes bot in 3v3" (his match history is mostly summoner's rift). Yes I do know, and don't you know what comps don't gank well at level 1? Yeah, ours.

Seriously. Not one match in the last 40 without them trying to gank. STAY BACK AT THE TURRET AND YOU WILL NOT DIE. I PROMISE.

God I hate people.

infinite azure

10-08-2011

You should be guarding your jungler, if you don't have one and they have more summoners (exhaust/ignite) or level 1 CC leave them alone. Otherwise feel free to patrol the jungle as a team intelligently (camp a bush, clear bushes with skillshots, use advantages like orianna and maokai to mill about, but don't go facecheck things that they could've got to before you.

Wolfalisk

10-08-2011

It's a (mostly) necessary bid for map control. I was irritated about it too, when I started playing Twisted Treeline. But what I soon realized is that it's just better for all 3 to go Bot and see if the other team is there.

If they were there, there will be a battle for First Blood. If they aren't, you have eliminated approximately 1/2 of the hide-and-gank areas for the start of the game, and your Top will just need to be careful until MIAs are accounted for.

If 2 go Bot and 1 goes Top at the beginning, next to the towers, you have absolutely no idea where the enemy team is, and both lanes will have to be apprehensive, resulting in loss of CS and XP until all are accounted for.

OninomizuRaaxon

10-09-2011

Going bot for the first gank is usually a pretty smart idea. I mean, if all three allies are standing in that bottom bush (or the closer enemy bush a bit higher) then you can catch any stupid facecheckers and get a first blood straight away.

I usually go all bot for first gank, then once the minions have spawned, send someone top.

Mysterage

10-09-2011

Saying you have "no idea where the other 3 champions are" if you don't gank bottom is just plain dumb. TT is a super small map, and if you sit by your tower, and push your creep waves, and they don't show up in their lanes...duh, they're in the jungle! :P Shouldn't be too hard to figure out from where they will want to show up to try and gank you, either, as those regions are limited as well.

Aknuar

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OninomizuRaaxon View Post
Going bot for the first gank is usually a pretty smart idea. I mean, if all three allies are standing in that bottom bush (or the closer enemy bush a bit higher) then you can catch any stupid facecheckers and get a first blood straight away.

I usually go all bot for first gank, then once the minions have spawned, send someone top.
You do realize though...if "everyone ganks" 3v3, which they have so far, there won't be a stray enemy most times, there will be a group of 3. Pointless most times.

rayoul

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuraZero View Post
You should be guarding your jungler, if you don't have one and they have more summoners (exhaust/ignite) or level 1 CC leave them alone. Otherwise feel free to patrol the jungle as a team intelligently (camp a bush, clear bushes with skillshots, use advantages like orianna and maokai to mill about, but don't go facecheck things that they could've got to before you.
I'm pretty sure ulost them there lol ... but yhea basically thats what ur suposed to do ....

lets say u have no jungler, what i usualy do is have my whole team in the bush over our side's bottom camp in case they try to trap us from there and stay until camp spawns ... its an easy 30 percent of level 1 for free and then u can enter laning phase as usual ....

DrX6x

Recruiter

10-09-2011

A the bot bush isn't to only gank spot
B team that gets to bot bush 1st usually gets 1st Blood
C Its Fun
D This is why TT is better Then SR action starts at welcome.
E An early ace can propel your team to a 11 minuet win.
F Starting to lane with the enemy mia is bad.

660 wins out of 1215 games played all on TT