Playing to be Evil: The Darker Side of LoL [2.0]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foreshadowed

09-24-2009

It's a shame you wasted your time on this guide.

Could have summed the guide up as:

The obvious is obvious, let me state it in tl;dr form for you!

PS, talking **** isn't a strategy/doesn't work, obvious troll is obvious.

Xavori

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadowed View Post

Yeah, he's clearly suckered 4 pages of people posting praise about the usefulness of this guide, and you're the only one who saw it for what it is.

Wait, no, you're just an *******.

SteakAndGravy

09-24-2009

Quote:

??? Not sure what your point was here. As a new player, I found this guide extremely interesting and thought provoking. I can now see some of the tactics that were used against me, and the reasoning behind them. This wasn't apparent to me at the time as I didn't have the background knowledge to understand this. I also see how some of my tendencies make it easier on my opponents (thus harder for my teammates).

Foreshadowed

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakAndGravy View Post
??? Not sure what your point was here. As a new player, I found this guide extremely interesting and thought provoking. I can now see some of the tactics that were used against me, and the reasoning behind them. This wasn't apparent to me at the time as I didn't have the background knowledge to understand this. I also see how some of my tendencies make it easier on my opponents (thus harder for my teammates).

id be happy to clear up some of the bull**** in this guide for you, pm me ingame. ive got 400 games played so Ive got a little bit more experience on the OP (100 games played)

Monnok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedle View Post
Best thing I have found in this game is before the minions spawn start up some friendly chat with your teammates if you're a solo queue. Just having some random chat before anything starts can really boost everyones likely hood to assist each other. I used to take a 'i dont really talk much in pug games' stance but as of the last 2 weeks when i have started with friendly banter at the start the cohesiveness of the random pugs I have been in has seemed to increase greatly.
I agree. Just starting conversation lets pugs know it's okay to communicate the all-important MIAs. Also Ive found the person who calls solo mid at the beginning seems to play better if I tell them something to the effect of "you'd better not suck then, Ive seen too many feeders/leavers call solo."

This post taught me a little, except that i tend a lot to the aggressive tight mentality, weakness and all. But it did put what I've learned over years of DotA into words! Was entertaining for me to profile friends too. I loved the way you described early game harrassing as letting them know you aren't to be pushed around. Establishing yourself as the Alpha is huge. If they fight back, at least they know you arent the *****.

My name is Mark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2009

This is really really entertaining stuff and a great read! At the end of the day a Win is a win. thank you for taking the time to write this!

Mr Tibbers

09-24-2009

Quote:
id be happy to clear up some of the bull**** in this guide for you, pm me ingame. ive got 400 games played so Ive got a little bit more experience on the OP (100 games played)
So, games=awesomeness?

For all you know, he's still better than you even with your 400 games. Ooh, so impressive. Don't go around ripping on people for posting what you think is "obvious". A lot of players don't think of this kind of stuff. And honestly, you probably don't either. Stop trolling just because someone's guide is doing well and receiving good comments.

feardragon

09-24-2009

Quote:

Amazing tactic. An obvious troll trolling by calling the opening post an obvious troll. True mind-games right there.

Great guide. I love to find "this brand" of people out there in different competitive communities. The ones who realize it's fine to do anything with the actual rules of the game. If you can do it, it'll help you win and it's not an exploit, do it.

PiousFlea

The Council

09-24-2009

Awesome guide. I agree with whoever said Fiddlesticks needs to be included in your hero list. Fiddlesticks is a total mindgame champion for sure.

feardragon

09-24-2009

I notice you basically have no tanks up on your list by the way. Do you consider Tanks=/=not good mindgames or you just don't like playing them? =b

Also posting this guide to the public is the ultimate mindgame. A lot of players will be conscious of some of these tactics when used against them now so it'll be interesting to see what counter-measures are developed to turn some of these things back around on them.