Akali runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iP1ayJarvan

10-08-2011

Just wondering, is having the 2 passives on at level 1 really worth sacrificing Red and Quint slots in a rune page to put AD and AP instead of magic pen and ms/more magic pen? i do that all the time but when i think about it, you could get both activated when you b for the first time, and ad/ap are really cheap stats...

Darriel

10-08-2011

yes the 2 passives are that important. main reason being that having both passives gives you the sustain you need to solo a lane while being harrassed. this is especially important in ranked when you'll 9 times out of 10 be soloing top.

your job as akali and being an assassin is to **** their carries. when there tanks initiate a team fight you use your ult to target their carrys and put pressure on them to flee, there by letting your guys eat face or you can just kill them usually

iP1ayJarvan

10-08-2011

i know how to play akali, just the thing i'm wondering is, ad and ap are common stats, you get them easily from items. is that 9.6 AD and 20 AP at level 1 necessary? because you could replace that with 14 magic pen instead or 9 magic pen and 4.5 MS which are way harder to get

TheNerdOverlord

10-08-2011

Akali is really squishy until she get's her Rylai's, so to counter that she needs the lifesteal from the AD passive. Also, auto-attacks are important in her combo because of her Q and, in the late game, Lich Bane, so it helps to have the AP passive that adds magic damage to them.

Darriel

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rch4ng3l View Post
i know how to play akali, just the thing i'm wondering is, ad and ap are common stats, you get them easily from items. is that 9.6 AD and 20 AP at level 1 necessary? because you could replace that with 14 magic pen instead or 9 magic pen and 4.5 MS which are way harder to get
akali doesnt need the extra MS from quints because of her ult and that combined with rylais is just pure rape and like the guy above said, early game you are pretty squishy and without the sustain you'd get from having both passives at level 1 you'd have an extremely hard time counter laning some of the more aggressive carrys like brand and cait and such. having the passives at level 1 also frees up your first buy to utility like how most akalis start with boots and 3 health pots which helps you stay in lane longer because a: it'll be easier to dodge skill shots and get close to your opponent for harass and b: you have your passives plus 3 pots which for most akalis, they have those pots still past level 6.

just my opinion and insight though

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rch4ng3l View Post
Just wondering, is having the 2 passives on at level 1 really worth sacrificing Red and Quint slots in a rune page to put AD and AP instead of magic pen and ms/more magic pen? i do that all the time but when i think about it, you could get both activated when you b for the first time, and ad/ap are really cheap stats...
Yes, you want to get her passive through runes, ESPECIALLY the AD portion of her passive (the spell vamp). The AP part of it can be gained at level 2 if you rune and mastery properly and isn't as important to have immediately, but you need that lane sustain with your spell vamp.

It's easy to get her passive with items, but it's not easy to get that AD passive up and running without wasting purchases. You shouldn't be trying to rush a Gunblade unless you're absolutely destroying the enemy team (and if you're doing that without her passive active anyway, you've already won). Since you shouldn't be rushing a Gunblade the 975 cost on the AD component of the item won't matter since you're not picking it up. There is no other item you want on Akali that gives you AD, so if you buy anything else you're wasting gold. If you use the Pickaxe to fill in for missing runes, you're just slowing down your build.

With the proper runes and masteries, you can afford to go Boots + Pots in the lane phase, pick up an early Revolver, and then rush your Rylais and Lichbane. You need to scale your power and chase potential up as quickly and efficiently as you can, and if you're trying to get her AD passive up without runes, you're running contrary to this goal.

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

I'm about to hit level 20 myself and enjoy maining Akali. I've been thinking about rune choices and it's obvious that the ad passive should be active at level 1. The ap passive is second in my book because you can start a sheen or rylais with a tome to activate it at level 1 to be super aggressive or by boots and health pots to be more defensive and just start your build the first time you b.

At the moment I think I'm going to get a 21/0/9 mastery because Havoc effects your starting bonus ad damage. So with 3 points in Brute Force or whatever and Havoc with 4 marks of strength you have 10 ad at level 1. This leaves 5 marks for magic pen and all your other runes to do whatever you want with.

Like I said I'm not level 20 yet so this is purely theoretical but it makes sense to me.

Darriel

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandarun View Post
I'm about to hit level 20 myself and enjoy maining Akali. I've been thinking about rune choices and it's obvious that the ad passive should be active at level 1. The ap passive is second in my book because you can start a sheen or rylais with a tome to activate it at level 1 to be super aggressive or by boots and health pots to be more defensive and just start your build the first time you b.

At the moment I think I'm going to get a 21/0/9 mastery because Havoc effects your starting bonus ad damage. So with 3 points in Brute Force or whatever and Havoc with 4 marks of strength you have 10 ad at level 1. This leaves 5 marks for magic pen and all your other runes to do whatever you want with.

Like I said I'm not level 20 yet so this is purely theoretical but it makes sense to me.
lol i honestly never thought of that, you'd still get both passives at level 1 and have a bit of penetration to boot. i may just test this out

ForeverLaxx

10-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpandarun View Post

Havoc only increases your damage, it doesn't increase your AD so you need 6.5 AD from runes and Brute Strength to get her AD Passive.

dlysele

10-09-2011

before I have AD runes I always use up my 3 pots on my first trip back. But now I often forget I have those pots with me and end up buying 3 more pots and end up having sold the 6 pots when I was getting the blue pot buff since it is out of the way.

it's true that you will receive some dmg when you are 1:2 solo at top lane. But as most akali fans will tell you that you should always tower hug, cos it gives you safety and secondly it allows you to freely use up all you energy on your AD spellvamp to replenish your health. if things do go bad, just shroud and let the tower eat them.

when you are lv 6 and the other two are still lv 4, provided your frequent harassment with q as your tower on them. you can risk a little bit and try to solo kill those two since you will have full health cos of your spallvamp, and pots to allow you to try again in just a short time.

thats just how i normally play and win. provided it aint garen and kog teamed up at top against me.