gangplank raise morale: intended side effect?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

prYzm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2009

ok so i was testing this the other day, and whenever a player uses raise morale it DOES deny xp to the other team. *** now under most circumstances id shrug and say k its just denying, but since there is such a hard stance on 'no denying' for the game im wondering if this is an unintended side effect.

as it stands im fairly sure this is the ONLY method of 100% denying in the game, so my question is, was this intended?

*** for those who do not understand, or have never played a moba, denying is when you kill an allied unit in order to prevent the other team from getting xp or gold from it.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2009

because you can deny SOOO much and REALLY put the other team WAY under leveled, right?

ImaBastard

09-22-2009

You will also lose mana you could otherwise have used to last hit minions with Parrrley, and heal yourself with Cure scurvy.

prYzm

09-22-2009

my point is NOT that is op, or that its game breaking or any of that. The point of a beta is to TEST things so i TESTED and found that the ability provides the only true method of DENYING. this is something that the game has been based around NOT HAVING as stated by the devs since its founding.

Warskull

Adjudicator

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by prYzm View Post
my point is NOT that is op, or that its game breaking or any of that. The point of a beta is to TEST things so i TESTED and found that the ability provides the only true method of DENYING. this is something that the game has been based around NOT HAVING as stated by the devs since its founding.
I think their point is that it is such a small amount of XP that you can deny using this it really doesn't matter. I've seen it used with cooldown runes and masteries and it completely failed to put the other team a level behind. Pirate is also weak enough in other areas that he probably ends up hurting the lane he is in more than anything else (unless he is solo.)

If it was actually effective, it could be worth changing, but it has such little impact that it really isn't worth the time to change.

Hmmer94

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warskull View Post
I think their point is that it is such a small amount of XP that you can deny using this it really doesn't matter. I've seen it used with cooldown runes and masteries and it completely failed to put the other team a level behind. Pirate is also weak enough in other areas that he probably ends up hurting the lane he is in more than anything else (unless he is solo.)

If it was actually effective, it could be worth changing, but it has such little impact that it really isn't worth the time to change.

And it doesnt... even early game, and early game u wont have raise moral, and if u do to buff up its lvl for mid game, it would be foolish to use it unless u are escaping.

Parley and Scurvy are much better mana users...

-1 on the cry

+1 on the remark