Gangplank: Possible buff for balance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faeorn Ran

09-21-2009

Hi guys,

I really like Gangplank in theory, but I think that his ultimate is not useful enough to warrant picking him over other characters. 120 seconds seems very steep to me, especially when you have characters like Ashe and her ulti. Yes, I understand it's an entire map ability, but that doesn't make any difference- I've still noticed that every time I needed to supply my team with help, it was down because I had already supplied help from the last team battle.

QQ moar, whatever. Yes, I did play a bad game where our team lost and yes I did have more deaths, but I stayed near the least deaths until near the last third of the game when I started being worthless because our enemies managed to get away all the time since almost every battle was a team battle.

Either that or make it more accurate, please.

Thank you and keep up with the great game!

Nayuki

09-21-2009

Haha, I'v seen some very bad Gangplanks try using this in fights they are involved in...And it NEVER goes well, they seem to always try and use it when alone or when 2v2 which rarely does anything.

But lord, that Ult is the terror of my existance if I am in the middle of a heated battle with any level of heroes, see Gangplank a lane or two away and feel safe...Suddenly I'm slowed from a Twisted Fate/Nunu/Morgana/Amumu/ETC ult and BAM, bombs from across the screen.

I have wept many a bitter tear over this unavoidable and near impossible to know when it is coming rape.

Meridian

09-21-2009

I agree that Gangplank needs a buff. Honestly, I would redo some of his skills completely, for example, changing Barrage into an ordinary skill and changing Parrrley either into a more powerful version of itself, or into a toggleable ranged mode. I would even combine Raise Morale into Parrrley, and this is how it would work:

- Gangplank has had enough of your failures! The Saltwater Scourge kills a target allied Minion, improving the morale for all nearby allies (Champions & Creeps gain increased move/attackspeed) and going into a blackpowder fury, firing his muskets at enemies for X seconds.

His biggest problem right now is that he is too stretched out, and isn't really good at anything, unlike Taric, who can do almost anything well.

Azarhac

09-22-2009

Gangplank only has two options, 1: Get trinity and attack damage and get 1400+ crits on parley which is fun fun. 2: Cry in a corner bout weak ulti.

Edit: But seriously gangplank is definitely my favourite hero, all others seem lame compared to his awesome pirate looks and his fruit eating habits.

And oh yeah, the ulti must be reworked or needs to be changed completely.

Meridian

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarhac View Post

And oh yeah, the ulti must be reworked or needs to be changed completely.
I'd like to see him pull out an actual cannon from his pirate hat and bomdard the target with it.

Or maybe he could unload all his 36 muskets at the target enemy, true pirate style?

ImaBastard

09-22-2009

I vote that it doesn't. It's fine.

It's perfect for stopping some one from pushing a tower, for last hitting enemies, and for slowing and damaging in a team fight.

The reason it's so inaccurate is that it would be just lame if a hero could mean instant doom from the other side of the map. It gives a hero with low hp a chance at surviving.

Each cannonball deals 150 at lvl 1, and it's about 5-6 of them? Complete control over that sort of power to anywhere on the map would be ridiculous.

Also, it has a short cooldown. With the right items, runes, and masteries you can get it down to 72 seconds.

Vangu

09-22-2009

I think with the update to his ultimate it is now where it should be.

Exoframe

09-22-2009

The ulti is pretty balanced now , i can't sit on it and laugh anymore .

Shillen

09-22-2009

His ultimate is incredible now in team fights. Snare and damage the entire enemy team for like 10 seconds? Yes please. Not to mention if it's placed well you can split the team up on opposite sides of your ultimate. Sorry, I thought pirate was weak before but with the change to his ultimate he's well balanced.