Best Harasser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

El Duende

06-10-2010

Hi, I'm new to the game, trying to find a champion to master. I like the harassing game a lot, I bought Teemo and I do good with him, but I feel he's a dead end for me since it doesn't seem he excels at past mid game: AP doesn't add up much, AD doesn't has no synergy with his skills and he doesn't contributes much in the support role. That and his passive is kinda **** tbh.

Are there other champs that got great harassing skills for early game that do have a good late game?

Cat Girl Sakuya

06-10-2010

Ezreal is a great early harasser, as is Karthus, Gangplank, Zilean, Katarina, Kassadin, Janna, and Ryze.

Herald of Darkness

06-10-2010

I suggest Katarina since u can pretty much spam ur skills on ur enemy since she has no resource, and if she gets a kill or two u can pretty much expect a snowball since she snowballs so fast, although u hav to time ur ult right since if they stop that u wont hav much to contribute to ur team if u go ap since ad has a deadly bouncing blade

Helidead09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2010

Kat is probably the best harasser in the game. Mundo is a pretty good harasser also with his cleaver. Anybody with a spammable ability can be a good harasser. Fiddlesticks, ezreal, gangplank, kassadin, heimerdinger, gragas, akali, kennan, karthus, mordekaiser, morgana, nidalee, olaf, pantheon, ryze, shaco, shen, tristana, twisted fate, viegar, and zilean all have good harassing potential.

R66Y

06-10-2010

Effective harassment is all about doing damage to your opponent without taking any significant damage in return. This can be accomplished through either space (out-ranging your opponent) or through mitigation of damage done to you (shields and heals).

Janna is probably the queen of lane harassment. Her howling gale can do damage from long range as well as farm, and her shield can allow her lane partner (or herself) to dive in for a couple of hits (with bonus damage) while not taking any serious damage in return.

Characters with a heal can either harass themselves, or more often, allow a lane partener to harass with impunity. Any damage done is quickly reversed by their abilities, slowly draining the opponents ability to resist.

Any character with a multiple target ability that "bounces" can harass. These would be Katarine, Sivir, Fiddlesticks, and Ryze (Im probably missing some here, but you get the idea). They can bounce their ability back to hit an enemy without exposing themselves.

Any ranged DPS character can harass effectively tbh. Just have to learn to position yourself a little closer than you need to be to hit creeps so that you can suddenly switch from last hitting creeps to hitting your opponent. They usually take a couple of hits, may or may not return one, and then retreat.

nevets04

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2010

Although I've never played her myslef, I always here that Katarina is the best harraser. Aswell, I know this from playing against her.

RHINO Mk II

06-10-2010

Karthus can be a PITA to lane against if he knows his Q.

BaconMouthJoy

Recruiter

06-10-2010

Mordekaiser.

tigertrap

06-12-2010

I would recommend mastering the art of cleaver throwing with Dr. Mundo. Deals a lot of damage and very hard to avoid. The only clear counter to it is by standing behind creeps all the time. This puts enemies at a disadvantage, though because their positioning and movement is restricted this way and it allows you to have free reign over the creeps. You'll often find yourself dominating 1v2 lanes because of your cleavers and the fact that you could stay in the lane forever if you wanted to.

JonnyThinkChamp

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duende View Post
Hi, I'm new to the game, trying to find a champion to master. I like the harassing game a lot, I bought Teemo and I do good with him, but I feel he's a dead end for me since it doesn't seem he excels at past mid game: AP doesn't add up much, AD doesn't has no synergy with his skills and he doesn't contributes much in the support role. That and his passive is kinda **** tbh.

Are there other champs that got great harassing skills for early game that do have a good late game?
You have the makings of a good player! You, where all else failed, realised that Teemo is bad! Well done for the first step. Nothing sucks more than having a Teemo on your team, sure, he wins his lane, then feeds miserably for the rest of the game.

Now, onto topic. The most effective champions are the harder to play ones IMO. Ezreal is a monster, and whenever I see him on the load screen I cringe. A good Ezreal is about the only one to beat me solo mid. The mages are also a solid choice. Annie/Anivia/Karthus are all extremely strong, and the first two can burst a man into pieces. Karthus plays out differently, but still pwns faces.