Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which way would you prefer?

a) Autoattacking, just like common turrets 36 24.32%
b) Checkpoint - Mechanic 42 28.38%
c) Both [a) and b) combined] 70 47.3%
Voters 148 .

Poll concerning 7v7 map suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greyford Godlike

06-10-2010

This is just an additional poll to this thread. (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=133319)

!Note: If you have any further (dis-)advantages in your mind, please let me know!

It's about this

Quote:
Greyford Godlike:
2. [1]; [2]; [3] - "Neutral, ingestible Towers"

Ok that's just an old well-known feature.
These towers will be neutral, untill one of the teams destroys it (the one who deals last hit obtains the turret, just like with Nashor), afterwards it will take their colour and fight for them. (midtower still has 0atk after a team captured it!)
Aside they give every teammate a special effect (similar to drake buff on TT)

They should look like a mix out of an inhibitor and a tower, but I'm up for suggestions.

Spawntime:
1 - after 30 seconds
2 - between 7th~15th minute
3 - between 11th~19th minute

Hitpoints:
1 - 1000 (max. 4000)
2 - 1500 (max. 3000)
3 - 2000 (max. 3000)

Attack:
1 - 0 (max. 250)
2 - 120 (max. 200)
3 - 150 (max. 200)

Effects:
1 - increasing stats of every teammember
2 - giving X gold/second to every teammember
3 - giving X gold/second to every teammember

1. Turret - Want some clash?

This tower is the core to bring back interesting and funny lv1 teamclashs. It spawns after 30 seconds and has ~1000 Hitpoints. So both of the teams want it badly, and will probably 7v7 on level 1. Because it gives +X% more damage output/ walking speed/ max health/ max mana/... to every teammember (comment on this; it will just effect one or two stats, but I have no clue which would be best)

2. + 3. Turret - Gold..yes.Well another stat buff or sth like that would be OP; so I just made them giving X gold to every teammember. (thought of 5 gold / 10 secs, that's 30gold/minute, so if you own botch that's 600 gold within 10 minutes, sounds high, but at least if you let the enemy own both it's a lose anyway lol.)
The spawntime is randomly, so you can't farm this towers, after they appeared.

How shall all this stuff work?

Ok let me explain further now. There will be a new item, "Tower Booster" or something like that. If you use it on a tower it will grant +X Max Health; +X Attack Damage and is healed by X Hitpoints. This Boost can only be used once on a tower every X seconds and aside there is a cap for the maxhealth/atk damage depending on the game time, to prevent a 250 atk tower in mid in minute 10 e.g.

So you destroy the neutral tower, your team starts receiving the effect and the tower will start out with 1000(1500; 2000) Hitpoints and 0(120;150) Attack damage. Then you start using the Boosts and when the enemy team destroys the tower, the stats added by boosts will be halved.
e.g. Midtower is up to 2000 HP and 100 ATK; if it's destroyed it has 1500 HP (1000+1000/2) and 50 ATK (100/2) remaining.

Why does the mid tower starts with 0 atk? Useless!

Well imagine a 7v7 clash on Lv1 for the tower, if a team breaks the turret, it will be up killing like 2+ champions from the enemy team and even give you a save area so the enemy can't get your lowhps either. That would be to OP and make pusher chars dominate the earlygame.

Wow, I'll just pick Evelynn and last shoot the turret then LOL!

Being ninja'd by a stealth champion can be prevented if one of your team buys a ward and puts it onto the turret, or maybe even an oracle. So that should be balanced, at least it would be hard to outtake in 7v1 and if you try to ninja your team has to fight 6v7.
If they don't want to clash, just send Evelynn to ninja the turret, well maybe they get it but then you have 7 people to retake the turret, it has 0 atk and 1000 HP, shouldn't be a big deal.

So there showed up three ways how to obtain this turrets for your team.

a) Just deal damage with autoattacks or grenades, just like to a common turret.

+Keeping the Lv1 Clash mobile
+Makes your setup more important
-just..too common?

+/- more exciting, because there is the danger to be lasthitted even if you attack 7v1

b) Standing next to the tower just let you earn "points", when you fully obtained all points, the tower is yours. Let's say you stand with 7 people next to the tower, the enemy has 0, then you earn e.g. 7*10 points each second, that's 1000/70 = ~14.3 seconds untill the turret is yours. (JUST AN EXAMPLE!!)

+Would bring up something new
+Cool clashs right next to the tower
+Every champion is valued equally
-bounds the clash next to the tower; making it less mobile

+/- no exciting at all, it's just given values and you can calculate everything

c) Both combined. Means you just deal damage to the tower, plus extra damage if you stand close to it, just like a sunfire cape e.g.

You can think of (dis-)advantages out of a) and b).

So please vote.
Thanks for your attention.

Peace.

Koulourtzis

06-19-2010

Lol most balanced poll ever.
Dude this map is awesome!
Going to original thread for some more bumps.

grimmreapervi

06-19-2010

balanced vote O_o

Greyford Godlike

06-19-2010

Lol, yes.

Seems like best way would be a and b combined, so c). xD

Beegly Boogs

06-19-2010

7v7 would be a complete spamfest.

Zetacon

06-28-2010

maybe a health bar for each team, and which ever team gets their corresponding bar to 0 HP first gets the turret? This was the first idea that came into my head. But I love your idea. But if you got people like Shaco who can lay a bunch of jack in the boxes, Nid, Heim; this could cause some very new strategies....

Greyford Godlike

06-28-2010

Quote:
Zetacon:
maybe a health bar for each team, and which ever team gets their corresponding bar to 0 HP first gets the turret? This was the first idea that came into my head. But I love your idea. But if you got people like Shaco who can lay a bunch of jack in the boxes, Nid, Heim; this could cause some very new strategies....

That's what b) is about. If the tower belongs to no one, there will be two bars and which is down on 0 first, wins. If the tower belongs to a team, there is just one health bar, when this one is down, the other team obtains the tower.