Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Garrison Needs Offensive/Defensive Animation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolutes22

10-07-2011

I hate that you can't tell if one of your allies just garrisoned a tower or the enemy did. The purple doughnut that appears around the base of the tower should appear green / red instead to denote whether it is an allied or hostile garrison.

It's a great summoner because it lets you dive turrets and greatly reduce the damage you would have otherwise taken. Not to mention all of the defensive uses; the range is amazing for clutch saves). Since the game revolves around capping nodes, sometimes diving a turret is your only option. The only problem I have is I often find when I take it in solo queue and don't have time to communicate to my allies that I am going to use it, I will dive in, use garrison and my allies wont engage with me realizing I have just given us such an advantage.

TLDR: Please Riot, consider giving Garrison an Offensive vs. Defensive Animation (Green / Red glow instead of purple)

Shigekuni

10-07-2011

I agree completely with the op. I find myself a lot of times trying to figure out if a tower was garrisoned by my team or the enemy and I'll second guess myself if I should dive or not.

Please make a change like the op mentioned!!!

Absolutes22

10-08-2011

shameless bump

Hugs From Momma

10-08-2011

Well, if it starts firing faster it's a defensive Garrison, but I agree that it should be immediately clear.

KawaiiDespair

10-08-2011

uhhh, the buff/debuff color is color coded?

Absolutes22

10-08-2011

Quote:
Hugs From Momma:
Well, if it starts firing faster it's a defensive Garrison, but I agree that it should be immediately clear.

Certainly, if you can devote the attention to figure out whether it's attacking faster that does work. However amidst a battle there is a lot to pay attention to.

Arance

10-08-2011

What.

Defensive Garrison (debuff) is a giant purple cone swirling around the tower.

Offensive Garrison (buff) is a bunch of sparkly green particles all around the point's platform.

They're entirely different effects.