Garrison Needs Offensive/Defensive Animation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolutes22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

I hate that you can't tell if one of your allies just garrisoned a tower or the enemy did. The purple doughnut that appears around the base of the tower should appear green / red instead to denote whether it is an allied or hostile garrison.

It's a great summoner because it lets you dive turrets and greatly reduce the damage you would have otherwise taken. Not to mention all of the defensive uses; the range is amazing for clutch saves). Since the game revolves around capping nodes, sometimes diving a turret is your only option. The only problem I have is I often find when I take it in solo queue and don't have time to communicate to my allies that I am going to use it, I will dive in, use garrison and my allies wont engage with me realizing I have just given us such an advantage.

TLDR: Please Riot, consider giving Garrison an Offensive vs. Defensive Animation (Green / Red glow instead of purple)

Shigekuni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

I agree completely with the op. I find myself a lot of times trying to figure out if a tower was garrisoned by my team or the enemy and I'll second guess myself if I should dive or not.

Please make a change like the op mentioned!!!

Absolutes22

10-08-2011

shameless bump

Hugs From Momma

10-08-2011

Well, if it starts firing faster it's a defensive Garrison, but I agree that it should be immediately clear.

KawaiiDespair

10-08-2011

uhhh, the buff/debuff color is color coded?

Absolutes22

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
Well, if it starts firing faster it's a defensive Garrison, but I agree that it should be immediately clear.
Certainly, if you can devote the attention to figure out whether it's attacking faster that does work. However amidst a battle there is a lot to pay attention to.

Arance

10-08-2011

What.

Defensive Garrison (debuff) is a giant purple cone swirling around the tower.

Offensive Garrison (buff) is a bunch of sparkly green particles all around the point's platform.

They're entirely different effects.