An Expert's Guide to 'Noobs'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indigni

06-11-2010

Funny, well written, and oh so so so true. I wish more of the people I encountered in LoL understood that EVERYONE makes mistakes, even stupid stupid mistakes, and yelling at that person for it isn't going to solve anything.

Also, this quote made me rofl!

Quote:
Maybe some parents will let their children play at younger ages but I cannot condone or stipulate to that. So let's assume we're playing with teens and above, because you really wouldn't want to be a grown person insulting a child, would you? What's WRONG with you!?

okrichie

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyst View Post
you fail nub richard

first off noob... Noob does have definition the english language is a living language meaning it changes and adepts faster than a dictionary can be made. If you were not such a big nubcake you would know this. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nubcake

here big nubcake is your definition
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=2568674

blah blah blah

lesson of the story you are a fin noob richard and you get what ya deserve so fck off
..________
,.-.~.,
..,.-..-.,
.,/..:,
,?\,
./..,}
../,:`^`..}
/,:/
..?..__..:`../
./__.(..~-,_,:`./
../(_.~,_..~,_..,:`.._/
.{.._$;_=,_.-,_.,.-~-,},.~;/.}
..((..*~_.=-._;,,./`./../
,,,___.\`~,~.,..`..}../
(.`=-,,.`(;_,,-
/.`~,`-.\/\
.\`~.*-,.|,./..\,__
,,_.}.>-._\..|..`=~-,
..`=~-,_\_`\,\
.`=~-,,.\,.\
..`:,,`\..__
.`=-,.,%`>==
._\.._,-%.`\
..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

okrichie

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathard View Post
Awesome. I love you.
<3 much love!

okrichie

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver Ocelot View Post
Great Post Richard! +1
Although, i think noob has officially been added to the dictionary, or they are planning about it or something. I remember hearing about it and loling.
Probably, but then again I quoted a non academic reference for my sources anyway (Wiki) heh. So it's hardly a scientific paper

okrichie

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crannicus View Post
The worst thing that has happened to me personally is being chewed out for trying a new champion in practice mode, so I agree with you entirely on that point. Practice matches don't count toward overall win/loss ratio, so why do people stress out so much in their practice games? Unless it's a game where the person has said specifically, "I need the IP from a win here", I will usually take the opportunity to try a new hero; either to get the feel of a potential future champion, or to learn the champion enough to be able to counter it.

The worst thing I've seen was in a regular game. We had an Eve player on our team who didn't support her lanemate in top on kills or defense (literally three or four kills eluded him because of the Eve player's lack of co-operation), called him a noob every time he overextended expecting support and was killed, screamed over team and all chat that his team sucked whenever we lost footing in lane, and complained when our Ashe player finished an enemy who had just barely slipped out of his grasp with a well-placed ECE, saying he'd 'stolen' the kill. Even though we won the game, he said "bad game" and "noob team" at the end, in spite of being the worst feeder on the team. Even our opponents were annoyed.

In general, these types of players contribute nothing to the team. I also find that often, the loudest complainer is one of the worst players on the team, usually because they're too busy typing to actually play.

Also-also, thanks for the point on pinging. Sometimes I forget to say why I'm pinging, and yes, it does cause some confusion. I'll keep it in mind in future games.
Agreed, I think you hit a key point here; for the most part people playing LoL are intelligent and respectful people, it's only a few that sour the milk.

okrichie

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Great post, I've been saying pretty much everything here for as long as I can remember. There's just no point in berating and trash talking your team.

The opponents... well, that has some psychological advantages depending on how you do it... but that's why we have /ignore.

Just not your team. You're only further solidifying your loss as you waste time rage-typing rather than doing something productive in the game.

EDIT: (Response to Above Post) Practice games is a dynamic in LoL that has me completely confused, and something I will avoid entirely, except to try a brand-new champion against bots. Why do level 30s, with 300+ wins, play characters in Practice Games that they main, or have otherwise plenty of experience with? I try practice games with new characters, even games titled 'new characters' and get stomped by 30s who roll mains. What do I learn from that other than what I already know?
An excellent point, a little trash talk with the enemy goes a fair distance to shooting their morale; just as long as it isn't taken too far. Plus you have to be prepared to take some in return too! It's all about sportsmanship.

okrichie

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigni View Post
Funny, well written, and oh so so so true. I wish more of the people I encountered in LoL understood that EVERYONE makes mistakes, even stupid stupid mistakes, and yelling at that person for it isn't going to solve anything.

Also, this quote made me rofl!
Thank ye, you flatter me!

People make mistakes out of LoL too. If someone were perfect at LoL I dare say they'd probably make mistakes at some other key aspects in their life, it's 'swings and roundabouts'.

okrichie

06-11-2010

While I'm here before I head into a few games. It's worth remembering that I'm not the first person to mention this and I am led to believe even a few RIOT team members might just have mentioned something about it at some point...

Cyst

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrichie View Post
Agreed, I think you hit a key point here; for the most part people playing LoL are intelligent and respectful people, it's only a few that sour the milk.
Competition has nothing to do with being nice the the guy who is causing your team to lose...

Maybe if you have ever played dota or hon you would understand that

the advantage is in those game you can kick the feeders.... than get small boosts for less players

okrichie

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyst View Post
Competition has nothing to do with being nice the the guy who is causing your team to lose...

Maybe if you have ever played dota or hon you would understand that

the advantage is in those game you can kick the feeders.... than get small boosts for less players

/ignore ..Oh **** that doesn't work here.. You've got some pent up stress about this topic it seems. I have played DOTA, but this isn't DOTA, it's just similar. But I don't understand DOTA or League of Legends like you do, you're far more knowledgeable than me.

Your logic however, leaves something to be desired. Communication as a team in this game has plenty to do with competition. If you're busy squirming over someone not playing how you want them to rather than communication towards victory, you're shooting yourself and your team, in the foot.

Please continue to elaborate, I'm listening..