An Expert's Guide to 'Noobs'

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WWRaptorJesusDo

06-21-2010

its true everyone is a noob at some point. but there are some people who are just bad at this game, the matchmaking does indeed need to be changed so that serious players dont run into casual players. im not some uber pro, but im smart enough not to make the same mistakes twice. if someone has a 1-10 score, we've been trying to help but they insist on getting mallet with ashe? then im sorry but ima flame them for their noobness. it may not be fair but this is not a noob friendly game, and honestly if you didnt play HoN or DOTA before hand you will more than likely get stomped on. point is dont go into a normal game playing someone who you've never played and get mad when you get called a noob. and also if you're a feed machine and you and your friend dont want to surrender, then guess what, you are a massive noob and need to go die in a fire, that is really aggravating that ive gotta waste 45 minutes playing a game that i knew we were gonna lose 20 minutes in. sometimes you cant come back. but i like your guide overall, and as i stated, everyone is a noob once. but if you are, you need to let people know, and ask for help. that way you dont cry for solo mid with twitch then go 0-6-0 by lvl 7. cuz that will really piss your team off. in short if you're new to a character thats fine, but take a few practice matches, read a few guides. theres a difference between someone who is new to a character and someone who just sucks at this kinda game. i suck at golf so i dont play golf, if you suck that hard at LoL then maybe its just not the game for you. and for the record, i dont care if you have 10000 wins, if you are doin terribly you need to own it, not run around tellin people how bad you'd whoop them in a different game. guess what you arent playin a different game you're playin this one, and you're makin dumb mistakes and feeding so stop it.

Masterhummel

06-21-2010

/bump

Leosoul

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWRaptorJesusDo View Post
its true everyone is a noob at some point. but there are some people who are just bad at this game, the matchmaking does indeed need to be changed so that serious players dont run into casual players.
Just wanted to point out that whole Ranked Matched and Season One thing that they have in the pipe for that sort of segregation.

Also lol at Cyst trolling, and poorly. I'll remember to ignore him once I tab back to the game.

Gorion

06-21-2010

Cyst was never a noob, true story!!! honest

Silent Reaper

06-21-2010

outstanding! +1

Katahdin

06-24-2010

to OP... No.

Sorry as elegant and thorough as you may sound it's not always true. I once had a noob in one of my games and I tried to work with him, you know do this, dont do that. However, no matter how many times we told him not to run in 1v3 because Endless Rage would not save you, he never listened and ran straight in and eventually fed the other team's carry into a defeat even though I had a solid game of like 10/3/14. Some noobs don't deserve to play regular games, they should stick to practices until they learn the mechanics of their champion and don't feed. If they don't, and they cause losses for counted games, they should be yelled at and should be told to leave.

Machinas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
to OP... No.

Sorry as elegant and thorough as you may sound it's not always true. I once had a noob in one of my games and I tried to work with him, you know do this, dont do that. However, no matter how many times we told him not to run in 1v3 because Endless Rage would not save you, he never listened and ran straight in and eventually fed the other team's carry into a defeat even though I had a solid game of like 10/3/14. Some noobs don't deserve to play regular games, they should stick to practices until they learn the mechanics of their champion and don't feed. If they don't, and they cause losses for counted games, they should be yelled at and should be told to leave.
No. Basic psychology -- Yelling at someone makes them less likely to listen to you unless you have actual authority over them. It doesn't matter what you're saying, once it becomes angry all the player can hear is "RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE WE DON'T LIKE YOU." If being nice doesn't work, being angry doesn't either. Just ignore him.

To quote condon, "All that *****ing about it is going to do is waste you valuable 'not sucking' time."

If he's bad, then the best you can do is give him tips and play nice, and if it doesn't work, get over it and take the loss. It's a casual game, not the Olympics. You don't lose your house because you don't have a wonderful WLR.

Anyways, off of that. Personally, I believe that you should never rage at your teammates, it makes YOU look like a noob and everyone thinks you're a d-bag.

However, taunting the enemy team is a great tactic, especially when playing mindgame characters like Shaco and Evelynn. Yelling in all chat, "BOOTY FOR ALL!" After getting a triple kill with Gangplank with 3 choice shots of Parrrley will make them focus you. If they are busy focusing on you, and you take care to stay out of range and not die, the rest of your team can crush them easily.

Just always remember to apologize for any d-baggery incurred when the nexus is destroyed or in the post-game chat.

Zamaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2010

Very well written and inspiring

Limewood

06-24-2010

I have to admit, my manners in game have been getting worst as of late (raging, trolling, etc).

After reading this, I feel like being a more polite teammate/opponent, just like when I first started playing the game. Thanks. : D

okrichie

06-24-2010

I have added some extra notes based on other ideas I've had and some points raised in here. There are now part's twelve, thirteen and fourteen so take a look. I'll take a moment to respond to some more replies when I get a moment tomorrow night but for now I might try to squeeze in one more game :P