Fansite Round-Up: Dominion Reviews

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hodenkrieg

10-07-2011

"our toughest critics brought the hammer down on Dominion"

OMG I LURVE DOMINION BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED IN MY LIFE, THE RELEASE OF DOMINION WAS A JOLT OF EMOTION AND WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN THE BIRTH OF MY CHILD."

- SuperBestRiotLoLFanForeverxxoxoxox

...is pretty much what I read.

ClownZombie

10-07-2011

I've been wanting some new maps for a while and it's pretty cool that we got a new map with a new game type. CASSIOPEIA FTW!

Biblical Lobster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

Riot you forgot to add one.

"It's fast, it's fun.."
WiseshotGG

AceSucks

10-07-2011

I'll say dominion is a great way to blow off some steam between games of 5's but honestly, I can't see it ever being as legitimately competitive or technical as the original. I'll keep playing it on lunch breaks and when I just need a quick easy win.

Rikairu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

lol notice there is only good said on the thing.
wonder where all the bad stuff went

Cybrid 0x0T2MD2W

10-07-2011

personally, I wanna see dominion and other modes with faster or slower gameplay
I say this because in warcraft III tft, we had dota with modes we could activate

right now dominion is the EM(easymode) of league of legends, the other two are longer and more normal
so as I first stated, I'd like to see speed differences in game length and gameplay(similar modes but a speed change)
like say summoner's rift, but with higher gold gain by a certain amount and exp rising faster(it's like dominion but not a different map per say)

this way you have maps with some flavors to give new outreaching paths of gameplay without it being a full new map that may have taken a year to get in

but I personally want an even larger map than summoner's rift with more players than 5v5(I enjoy the idea more than the old dota standard number, of 6v6 and higher for a battlefield than a squad battle)
twisted tree line, summoner's rift and dominion are all what I'd like to see with flavors

I know there's a lot of balancing issues and design to even the machines handling it, but it would be truely wicked to have 6v6, and even 10v10 have to be in small squad skirmishes across a huge map or an epic last stand

perhaps riot has thought of this and just does't know how to make it work out as dominion could and has

Nightdancer ND

10-07-2011

and why you don't post the negative comments also?

Sniperyeti

10-07-2011

Now some reviews from people who have actually played dominion!

"Yeah, it's ok. Gets kind of boring"
"Well it's fun if you only like playing tanky dps, but I play supports and ranged carries"
"It's pretty good, but when someone leaves then you have no way to make a comeback and the game will be over so fast they don't actually get marked as a leaver"

Ethelion

10-07-2011

Dominion is cool, it gets kinda boring fast, but its good for a change

DemiGodJoy

10-07-2011

where is solomid ?