[Guide Request] AP Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiabolicalDesk

09-21-2009

I was wondering if anyone might be able to throw me some pointers on building up an AP Cho'Gath. I have tried out some AP stuff, but I figure there are better combination of AP items then the ones have used so far. I don't exactly know how successful this is, but with what I have experimented with, Cho'Gath can hit like a beast, and feast people with over 1k HP left.

Lollerman

09-21-2009

New Rylai's is great for Cho, and APCho tends to stack Rod for the mana.

DiabolicalDesk

09-22-2009

I like the Rod, but I have not tried Rylai's yet. Any other ideas from the public?

Hmmer94

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabolicalDesk View Post
I like the Rod, but I have not tried Rylai's yet. Any other ideas from the public?

Rylays on cho-gath? I dont think so , he doesnt spam his spells enough and 1 of them doesnt need a added slow.

Just focus on AP and Cd reduction with a blend of tank and u will be good i promise

Frozen heart is ur friend

AI Assimilator

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmer94 View Post
Rylays on cho-gath? I dont think so , he doesnt spam his spells enough and 1 of them doesnt need a added slow.

Just focus on AP and Cd reduction with a blend of tank and u will be good i promise

Frozen heart is ur friend
not sure if you were being sarcastic with your first sentence, but an AP cho should be spamming his spells quite often. More so than some other ap champs who have much much longer cd. However your right that rylai would be quite bad for him, since even if he is spamming its only useful for one spell and its only 15% speed reduction (aoe).

Phatty

09-22-2009

Wouldn't Rylai work on Feast?

Ace Death

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatty View Post
Wouldn't Rylai work on Feast?
Well it would, but then won't you rather use feast when the champion is sure to be eaten

Mjollnir

09-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Death View Post
Well it would, but then won't you rather use feast when the champion is sure to be eaten
No? Sitting around waiting for someone to be low in a team fight is the mark of a bad cho'gath. Its a nice chunk of their health, any time. I see too many cho'gaths not be tanks (with a tank build) because they want to get that last hit, because they want to keep their stacks. w/e, you should die before your carries. As AP cho'gath being bigger will only make you a bigger target and the 130 extra health is negligible if you're the first target.

Scarvein

09-23-2009

Just wondering, are vorpal spikes counted as a used spell? For some items that proc/increase stats based on spells used? Or is this only for the active ones?

Mjollnir

09-23-2009

Nope. Only active ones.