@Riot, Please fix the fountain turret range

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sigismund

10-07-2011

The range on the fountain turret is a bit ridiculous at the moment, and makes turtling too easy (especially if the turtling team has a movement displacement ability).
Simply taking one step to the left of the blue team's nexus turret places you within range of the fountain turret, and this is highly abuseable by champions such as singed that will simply fling and effectively insta-kill any melee champion who attacks the nexus turret.

The current placement of the Nexus and Fountain turret brings the minion path too close to the fountain, and allows a defending team to lure super minions into fountain turret range, effectively denying you the damage and HP that wave would have otherwise used against the nexus turret.

Summoner's Rift doesn't have this issue because the nexus turret and fountain turret are at opposite ends of the nexus. Whereas Blitzcrank can easily grab you into fountain range on TT, it's range isn't high enough to bring players more than half the distance required on SR.

The current Tower Placement within the base, and the fountain turret's unnaturally long range make it far too easy to defend, and makes turtling far too viable a strategy, which makes TT games (which are supposed to be short and action paced) slow and extremely boring.

Rabbitsuit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

It'd be great if it were spaced out a little more. Urgot can suppress somebody into the fountain turret range if they're standing at the Nexus turret. I faced a team not too long ago that we couldn't beat (quickly) because of that very reason.

We had pushed in both lanes and inibs in at the 23mark. If I recall correctly, I was using Lee Sin and was 3-1-6. But didn't have enough power to take down the nexus turret 2 v 3 because one of us would be suppressed into range of the fountain.

I had asked them how long they've been able to turtle like that before (it was premades), and was quoted two hours. Thankfully at the 78minute mark we were able to take down the nexus turret -- despite being aced -- and we were able to simply turn it into a flash-win 5minutes later. Ended something like 5-7-11.

It was a very frustrating experience. And I'd love to see the ability to not lure or displace into the fountain turret occur.

Niick

10-07-2011

The range on that turret is soo long that it can get you through the wall beside the fountain.. I swear! if you walk right up to the wall you die without even being in the fountain..

Stevensam

10-07-2011

I don't think the fountain turret range is very much a problem. It only comes into play when you've pushed the **** out of the opponent and at that point, you're almost assured victory anyway.

infinite azure

10-07-2011

Singed can fling a melee from attacking the tower into the fountain range. imo, the fountain should be moved further back, and the wall between the jungle and nexus should be thicker to stop flashing-to-nexus.

Currently both the final offensive from the enemy team to an exposed nexus and the defense of a team to their final tower are ridiculously slanted.

Though turtling loses you dragons and jungle farm, and if you give that away for too long their team (as long as they have a carry and aren't stacking tankydps) will eventually break any defense.

Lich bane can 2 shot towers with enough AP, and can act as a final ace-in-the-hole.

Sigismund

10-08-2011

I actually had a game where we destroyed both inhibitors and the enemies chose to turtle in this manner. They purposely allowed the super minions to destroy their inhibitors whenever they respawned because it allowed them to farm with little risk of ganks.
Any wave that got too big was led into the fountain turret, and the experience/gold they were getting from the waves outweighed what my team got from the Jungle.
Needless to say, it was boring beyond belief and my team ended up waiting in the jungle for one of them to step out of their base once the inhibitor had finally respawned. 75 minute TT games where both teams farm PvE is hardly what I'd call fun under any circumstance.

LEVEL 5 DAGON

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensamypp View Post
I don't think the fountain turret range is very much a problem. It only comes into play when you've pushed the **** out of the opponent and at that point, you're almost assured victory anyway.
Yeah, so if you're almost assured victory, why can't you be allowed to just win? Why do you have to slowly poke the nexus turret down and let the enemy team turtle for 20 minutes longer?

They should just move the nexus turret to the front side of the nexus, away from the fountain. Or make the map bigger so they can move the fountain further back - but that'd probably take more work than Riot is willing to do on TT.

Sigismund

10-10-2011

They moved the nexus turret to where it is because people would just flash over and backdoor it super easily.

It'd love to see some changes to fix this problem because it's so stupid to see the enemy team lure your minions into the fountain turret or have singed fling you from the nexus turret into the fountain turret's range.

PinoyStrike

10-10-2011

I completely agree with this. dozens of times whenever i was getting a turret a singed or blitz(and skarner once somehow) turtled me.

Enough with this turtling, plenty of times the enemy team turtles and are stalling there loss for like 5-10 min and it starts getting annoying. What i think should happen is that you should move the minion path like some people in this forum mentioned and possibly reduce the atk speed,the damage of the turret, or the range.

Frosty716

10-10-2011

put the fountain farther from the nexus turret. /thread