Should TT give up normal blind-pick for normal draft?

Yes, give us normal draft 24 32.00%
No, I don't want to lose blind pick 14 18.67%
I want both as options and would risk longer queue times. 37 49.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Should normal draft mode be the only normal mode?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

10-07-2011

Since free champs meet the requirements to make normal draft mode function, it would be entirely impossible to have no way to pick anything at all.

Thus, in order to make it more fun at all levels, reduce pub stomping, and maybe get some appreciation for this map, would you prefer normal draft? (with the understanding that you will never be able to play blindpick again)

the pros are pretty obvious, but lets just acknowledge some of the cons:
new champs can only exist once in a game, meaning champ release day = dodge-fest
new players who don't understand draft mode might make mistakes with bans
at least in the lower levels it would be really hard to find a game where some of the pubstompers are actually playable if you main them or whatever.

Strife1984

10-07-2011

Twisted Treeline is my favorite map, why not make both options available?

BRAVEYpl0x

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife1984 View Post
This would split the ques, and make to wait for both modes a lot longer than they are now.

infinite azure

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife1984 View Post
there are so few players it's sort of an all or nothing thing

Ansen

10-07-2011

Obviously the ideal situation would be to have both, but I think the queue time is a valid concern. Not knowing exactly how much queue times would increase (and at various times of the day, etc), I don't think I could make a fair determination on whether having two queues is a good idea or not.

If we had to have one or the other exclusively, I would selfishly prefer to have draft mode (as that's what I would make use of).

However, consideration must be given to new players. I played 3v3 a lot as a newbie because I found it less overwhelming than 5v5. A lot of my friends did the same...I wouldn't be surprised if that's a popular trend.

I know after you've played for a while it's hard to remember how new and complicated everything was when you first started out, but it can be rather overwhelming (especially if you had no prior MOBA experience like me). The pick/ban process would only add to that. Another problem is you're taking a very small pool of champions to choose from (10) and making it 40% smaller (that's a lot). And finally, bans don't really benefit new players in any way. Champ power at such early levels is largely irrelevant because player skill is so much more varied.

tl;dr
If we eliminate blind pick and go to draft-only, I think the cons for new players would outweigh the pros for veterans.

frostyvamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

Ummm... you cant draft if you have like less than 16 champions, including the freebies, Tested this on a smurf account.

LEVEL 5 DAGON

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyvamp View Post
Ummm... you cant draft if you have like less than 16 champions, including the freebies, Tested this on a smurf account.
For treeline it would be 10 champions. 6 picks 4 bans. It's 14 in SR - 10 picks 4 bans. Draft only Treeline normals works out fine.

This is assuming they don't introduce 6 bans in draft normals.

Rabbitsuit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

I can see where you're coming from, but I'd rather not see newer players be forced into draft mode if they wanted to play on the Twisted Treeline.

frostyvamp

10-07-2011

Mhm, in anycase i would like to see the option, when queues arent so high, atm its about 2 mins per queue, and 3-4 leavers :<

infinite azure

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitsuit View Post
I can see where you're coming from, but I'd rather not see newer players be forced into draft mode if they wanted to play on the Twisted Treeline.
Yeah I thought I'd poll to see what the general opinion was.